So Romney was right about the Olympic Preparations

If a woman is overweight, and she knows it, and you know it, do you still walk up to her in the middle of a party and say it?

No.

True or not, Romney fucked up.

:lol:

You can't get away with that bullshit and at least globally everyone knows this was just a smear campaign.

Romney was asked a specific question about the Olympics and frankly the horrific security concerns. He underplayed the situation to be truthful.

He used "disconcerting" vs "holy shit the private firm completely fucked up and the Prime Minister had to call in the UK troops at the last minute".

You know that's kind of a "biggie". Remember Munich?

So in the most diplomatic response humanely possible, Romney told the truth. This was a no win situation.

If Romney declined to comment headline would read...

ROMNEY EVASIVE

If Romney tried to make light of this hellish mess headline would read...

ROMNEY IS A FUCKING IDIOT TRYING TO SUCK UP TO CAMERON

There was no winning here diplomatically.

None.

Mabye not.

But we are all so used to Romney being evasive on shit, he'd have done less damage to himself if he were evasive.

Just sayin'.

We all know that Governor Romney was completely correct in his assessment of the Preps for the Games. Yet the left wingers and their media still insist this was a Romney "blunder".

If he was so confident, why did he shake the Etch-a-Sketch and backpedal?

for which part? when he said they where "not ready" or a day later when he said they "where ready"?

Thats the fun thing about this, and how stupid the OP looks. You have Mittens admitting on camera that security was ready. So was Mittens also wrong or was he right?

This is what happens when you back a jellyfish.

Link to exact quote where Romney said they weren't ready for the Olympics.

Exact quote.

Link?
"The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials -- that obviously is not something which is encouraging," he told NBC News.

"Do they come together and celebrate the Olympic moment? And that's something which we only find out once the games actually begin," he said.

Mitt Romney Walks Back London Olympics Criticism (UPDATE)

see the problem with your OP is you're not being honest and telling only half the story...Well more like 1/4 of the story.
Thats the problem with trash like you. You are as partisan as you are stupid and you are only hurting things, not helping.

Anyone with half a brain who watched the evolution of mittens on this one issue knows he back pedaled when pressed.this isnt even an important issue and he folded.

Your insults mean nothing to me. My OP stands with truth. Romney never back pedalled. Only the headlines back pedalled.

Show me one just one direct quote where Romney said that Britain wasn't ready for the games.

Direct quote. Direct link.

We all know that Governor Romney was completely correct in his assessment of the Preps for the Games. Yet the left wingers and their media still insist this was a Romney "blunder".

Same question I asked Plas. Where when and how did he backpedal. I know the lib media had screaming headlines a typical Axelrod move, but where and how did Romney backpedal from what?

You have such a bullshit argument out there and such a fabricated issue you can't make heads or tails off the disney world viewpoint that Romney "blundered".

He never blundered. He told the truth. :lol: Fucks you guys up doesn't it?

Same question I asked Plas. Where when and how did he backpedal. I know the lib media had screaming headlines a typical Axelrod move, but where and how did Romney backpedal from what?

You have such a bullshit argument out there and such a fabricated issue you can't make heads or tails off the disney world viewpoint that Romney "blundered".

Indeed, he was right. The issues he referred to:

1. a security company contracted to provide thousands of security personnel who did not deliver on their contract. The Brit military got called in to fill the breach. Police forces from around the country had to send extra officers to London to back up their police presence... leaving other areas of the country with less police.

2. Union workers undertaking passport control threatened to strike over pay and conditions the day before the games started.

3. London taxi drivers also threatened industrial action over the use of 'Olympic lanes' on the roads.

Even the British media were speculating that they were not ready.

If a woman is overweight, and she knows it, and you know it, do you still walk up to her in the middle of a party and say it?

No.

True or not, Romney fucked up.

Yeah I like how you argue, apples to pineapples....not the same thing. Are you really comparing worrying about olympic security to being honest with Roseanne Barr? seriously?

Uh you know the answer...well maybe you dont.....See it's called perception and press......his is bad because of that, it does not invalidate what he said, IN FACT NBC (you know the parent of nutjob MSNBC) remarked all night during the opening cermonies about the concern of the security....Do you always argue for democrats and always against republicans, are you really that much of a robot..

Yes it was stupid to say publicly, but it was the truth......

"My experience as an Olympic organizer is that there always a few very small things that end up going not quite right in the first day or so," he said. "Those get ironed out and then when the games themselves begin and the athletes take over all the mistakes that organizing committee - and I made a few - all of those are overwhelmed by the many things that the athletes carry out which capture the spirit of the games."

Read more: Mitt Romney backpedals on Olympics gaffe in first foreign visit

Bitching about "small things"???? He claimed they didn't have adequate security. That's not a small thing. The political terrorists in Munich wasn't a "small thing". The right wing Christian terrorist in Atlanta wasn't a "small thing". The fact is Romney ran his mouth about a big thing, i.e. security, and then backpedaled to say he was just referring to some fray around the edges.

Romney is spineless.

Last edited:

"My experience as an Olympic organizer is that there always a few very small things that end up going not quite right in the first day or so," he said. "Those get ironed out and then when the games themselves begin and the athletes take over all the mistakes that organizing committee - and I made a few - all of those are overwhelmed by the many things that the athletes carry out which capture the spirit of the games."

Bitching about "small things"???? He claimed they didn't have adequate security. That's not a small thing. The political terrorists in Munich wasn't a "small thing". The right wing Christian terrorist in Atlanta wasn't a "small thing". The fact is Romney ran his mouth about a big thing, i.e. security, and then backpedaled to say he was just referring to some fray around the edges.

They didn't have adequate security in the run up. The security company contracted to provide it fucked up. Mitt was right. The Brits had to call in the Army, and police forces from around England had to send extra officers. Which bit of those facts is above your intellectual paygrade?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_for_the_2012_Summer_Olympics

Preparation concerns

After it emerged in July 2012 that G4S, the company in charge of providing security, was unable to train enough security staff, an additional 3,500 soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines were assigned to security duties at the Olympics.[13][14] There were also concerns that some of G4S's recruits spoke little or no English.[13][15]

Last edited:
A gd idiot W clone, but with no personality. Another Pub disaster in the making...

Romney's ACTUAL plan- Cut taxes on rich, destroy Medicare/aid, Health Reform, raise pentagon spending, cut regs on Wall St, worry about debt in 2035...BRILLIANT

Romney is spineless.

He is, he pussied out and that what liberals wanted him to do....congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A gd idiot W clone, but with no personality. Another Pub disaster in the making...

Romney's ACTUAL plan- Cut taxes on rich, destroy Medicare/aid, Health Reform, raise pentagon spending, cut regs on Wall St, worry about debt in 2035...BRILLIANT

Do you just cut and paste this for every topic? do you ever actually ADD anything to a debate....I think the word is TOOL

They didn't have adequate security in the run up. The security company contracted to provide it fucked up. Mitt was right. The Brits had to call in the Army, and police forces from around England had to send extra officers. Which bit of those facts is above your intellectual paygrade?

Define adequate security? Did you or Mr. Etch-a-Sketch know what their threat assessment was? No, because it would be crappy if they told you. Did you or Mr. Etch-a-Sketch have any clue as to the brinksmanship usually played by unions that are allowed to exercise their rights, and strike? No, because neither you nor Mittens has a clue about Europe's unions. To state that they had real security problems was a slap in the face to Britain, and was compounded that it was done by someone who is seeking our top leadership role, compounded the problem.

I don't blame them for getting pissed off. If Romney's flip-flop is to be believable, he should have added those caveats in his initial criticism. He should have at least educated himself to the problems, in the cultural dynamic of British psyche, before running his mouth.

This is just one foreign policy gaff of Romney. I personally think his stupidest one was that Russia is our number one threat. And on a more personal level, I don't think that we'll ever have the Olympic pageantry that we had in Berlin '36 or Beijing '06, but I don't really want it if it comes with the baggage or repressive dictatorships.

Romney is spineless.

He is, he pussied out and that what liberals wanted him to do....congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, he's a spineless toad. He has no real convictions.

Define adequate security? Did you or Mr. Etch-a-Sketch know what their threat assessment was? No, because it would be crappy if they told you. Did you or Mr. Etch-a-Sketch have any clue as to the brinksmanship usually played by unions that are allowed to exercise their rights, and strike? No, because neither you nor Mittens has a clue about Europe's unions. To state that they had real security problems was a slap in the face to Britain, and was compounded that it was done by someone who is seeking our top leadership role, compounded the problem.

I don't blame them for getting pissed off. If Romney's flip-flop is to be believable, he should have added those caveats in his initial criticism. He should have at least educated himself to the problems, in the cultural dynamic of British psyche, before running his mouth.

This is just one foreign policy gaff of Romney. I personally think his stupidest one was that Russia is our number one threat. And on a more personal level, I don't think that we'll ever have the Olympic pageantry that we had in Berlin '36 or Beijing '06, but I don't really want it if it comes with the baggage or repressive dictatorships.

For fucks sake, it was all over the British media in the run up to the games.

Olympics Security Firm Apologizes - WSJ.com

During a tense appearance before the Home Affairs Committee Tuesday, G4S Chief Executive Nick Buckles apologized for the company’s mishandling of the contract, which has forced the army and police to step in to fill the gap. He blamed the problems on scheduling systems that had failed to effectively register staff and acknowledged that his company’s reputation was in tatters.

Mr. Buckles also told lawmakers that G4S planned to still claim the £57 million ($89.1 million) management fee, which is part of the overall £284 million contract. That brought a further rebuke from the politicians. “I find that astonishing,” said the committee’s chair, Keith Vaz. A spokesman for G4S, one of the world’s largest security companies, said the management fee paid for the interviewing and screening of more than 100,000 applicants.

Politicians repeatedly pressed Mr. Buckles about why the problems only came to light so close to the Games, at times appearing to become frustrated at a lack of direct answers. Panel members also questioned whether the botched job indicated broader management problems at the U.K. company and whether he was the right person to continue to head the company.

Do you think their CEO got hauled in front of an inquiry for because he was a few people short? No. Fucking thousands short.... 3,500 thousand. The Brits had to call in the military and extra police.

idiot.

Forum List

Back