So..."Prove you're insured" is OK; "Prove you're a citizen" is NOT OK???

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I just had a little brain flexing going on, and had some thoughts on the issues in politics, particularly immigration, healthcare, and of course with the non-sense in Florida, gun laws.

So....

- It's OK to make it a law that one must PROVE he has health insurance. But it's not OK to ask that he prove he is a US citizen when voting?

- It's OK to make a person who an identification to practice their lawful right of buying a gun. But it's NOT OK to make that same person show identification when practicing their lawful right of voting?

- It's OK to say a person has the absolute right to have a baby burned by acid inside their womb, or have it killed with a sharp instrument, because it's "their body". BUT if that person decides to leave that body uninsured, because maybe they dont want to use any doctors...ever...because it's "their body"......then the gov't will fine them?

- It's OK to assume a white person strolling through an all-black neighborhood, say, bad parts of Compton, CA, is gonna get extra attention from cops, and possibly be harmed by the locals simply for being different (heck, it's glorified by "Gangland").........but it is the crime of the century if a black person is strolling through an all-white neighborhood, say ritzy Boca Raton gated community, and that person recieves extra attention from cops and locals??????

Just trying to figure out how some ends meet here.

I just had a little brain flexing going on, and had some thoughts on the issues in politics, particularly immigration, healthcare, and of course with the non-sense in Florida, gun laws.

So....

- It's OK to make it a law that one must PROVE he has health insurance. But it's not OK to ask that he prove he is a US citizen when voting?

- It's OK to make a person who an identification to practice their lawful right of buying a gun. But it's NOT OK to make that same person show identification when practicing their lawful right of voting?

- It's OK to say a person has the absolute right to have a baby burned by acid inside their womb, or have it killed with a sharp instrument, because it's "their body". BUT if that person decides to leave that body uninsured, because maybe they dont want to use any doctors...ever...because it's "their body"......then the gov't will fine them?

- It's OK to assume a white person strolling through an all-black neighborhood, say, bad parts of Compton, CA, is gonna get extra attention from cops, and possibly be harmed by the locals simply for being different (heck, it's glorified by "Gangland").........but it is the crime of the century if a black person is strolling through an all-white neighborhood, say ritzy Boca Raton gated community, and that person recieves extra attention from cops and locals??????

Just trying to figure out how some ends meet here.

You're thinking logically and trying to overlay it on Statism/Modern Liberalism...

The two shall never meet.

Since you people think the insurance law is unconstitutional, you're making an odd argument.

No, we're trying to make sense of the retarded left wing logic. Saying no government official can ever DARE ask me to show my proof of citizenship, or ID, when stopped by a cop or trying to vote, but then saying we MUST show proof that our bodies are insured and show an ID to buy a weapon???

We aren't trying to demand to buy guns without showing an ID. Thats common sense. Just like saying we should have an ID to vote.

No, we're trying to make sense of the retarded left wing logic. Saying no government official can ever DARE ask me to show my proof of citizenship, or ID, when stopped by a cop or trying to vote, but then saying we MUST show proof that our bodies are insured and show an ID to buy a weapon???\

Citizenship has to be verified before one buys a private insurance plan in a health insurance exchange (even if one is not getting any sort of tax subsidy). So who is it that's saying proof of citizenship can never be requested by anyone?

Why is it that we must show an I.D. when we want to cash a check, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

Why is it that we must show an I.D. to return an item to a retailer that we don't have a receipt for, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

Why is it that U.S. citizens must show passports to re-enter the United States, but non-U.S. citizens are protected, by law, from having to show any form of I.D. to prove they are in the U.S. legally?

Why is it that we must show I.D. to buy cigarettes or alcoholic beverages, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

No, we're trying to make sense of the retarded left wing logic. Saying no government official can ever DARE ask me to show my proof of citizenship, or ID, when stopped by a cop or trying to vote, but then saying we MUST show proof that our bodies are insured and show an ID to buy a weapon???\

Citizenship has to be verified before one buys a private insurance plan in a health insurance exchange (even if one is not getting any sort of tax subsidy). So who is it that's saying proof of citizenship can never be requested by anyone?

Wrong. It is very common that illegal aliens can purchase insurance for their cars, but cannot be issued a state driver's license. Its a running joke here in SC that the insurance companies know the guy can't drive, but will sell him insurance. They are private companies. They can sell to whomever they want.

It is the entire left wing that is calling Voter ID racist, and saying places like AZ are racist for asking driver's "show me your papers" on a traffic stop (meaning.....show your driver's license like all 50 states already do).

Wrong. It is very common that illegal aliens can purchase insurance for their cars, but cannot be issued a state driver's license. Its a running joke here in SC that the insurance companies know the guy can't drive, but will sell him insurance. They are private companies. They can sell to whomever they want.

Neat. But you don't buy car insurance in a health insurance exchange. You're bitching and moaning about the individual mandate for health insurance. The law that creates that comes with the requirement that anyone buying their own insurance in an exchange have their citizenship verified. Cars don't have much to do with anything being discussed here.

Neat. But you don't buy car insurance in a health insurance exchange. You're bitching and moaning about the individual mandate for health insurance. The law that creates that comes with the requirement that anyone buying their own insurance in an exchange have their citizenship verified. Cars don't have much to do with anything being discussed here.

So the federal government is now going to force private companies to verify the citizenship of it's customers.........while the feds also file lawsuits against states like SC and AZ for trying to verify the citizenship of driver's who drive on their state highways????? GOD I LOVE LIBERALISM!!!!

Nice diversion.....well not really.

The title alone, without a text body, says it all.

Why is it that we must show an I.D. when we want to cash a check, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

Why is it that we must show an I.D. to return an item to a retailer that we don't have a receipt for, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

Why is it that U.S. citizens must show passports to re-enter the United States, but non-U.S. citizens are protected, by law, for having to show any form of I.D. to prove they are in the U.S. legally?

Why is it that we must show I.D. to buy cigarettes or alcoholic beverages, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

Because we're governed by incompetence, ineptitude, and the insatiable appetite of retards to hang on to power in detriment to it's own citizens.

Why is it that U.S. citizens must show passports to re-enter the United States, but non-U.S. citizens are protected, by law, from having to show any form of I.D. to prove they are in the U.S. legally?

How come we have to show an ID to enter the DOJ if the DOJ doesn't believe ID is fair? doyathink?

So.......lets say I get into a car wreck, and unfortunately I get hurt. The cops and medics show up.

- The cop can't ask me to "show me your papers" in regards to my citizenship.
- The medics can make me prove I'm insured though.
- The cop CAN demand to see my ID for the concealed handgun.
- The insurance agent I call can make me prove citizenship to purchase the insurance that covers my body.
- The insurance agent I call can not force me to prove my citizenship to purchase the insurance that covers my car.
- The cop can make me show an ID to prove legal right to possess the unopened beer in the back seat of the car.
- The cop can't make me show an ID for the ticket he is gonna write me?
- The voting booth worker manning the booth I was driving too cannot make me show an ID to vote.
- The Blockbuster worker who was gonna rent me a movie after voting can demand ID.
- And last, but not least, if the federal government is gonna mandate that a PRIVATE health insurance provider can demand proof of citizenship before purchasing health insurance, then can a PRIVATE grocery store demand proof of citizenship before honoring food stamp cards?

How come we have to show an ID to enter the DOJ if the DOJ doesn't believe ID is fair? doyathink?

The drool outta both sides of thier mouths is going to drown them eventually.

So.......lets say I get into a car wreck, and unfortunately I get hurt. The cops and medics show up.

- The cop can't ask me to "show me your papers" in regards to my citizenship.
- The medics can make me prove I'm insured though.
- The cop CAN demand to see my ID for the concealed handgun.
- The insurance agent I call can make me prove citizenship to purchase the insurance that covers my body.
- The insurance agent I call can not force me to prove my citizenship to purchase the insurance that covers my car.
- The cop can make me show an ID to prove legal right to possess the unopened beer in the back seat of the car.
- The cop can't make me show an ID for the ticket he is gonna write me?
- The voting booth worker manning the booth I was driving too cannot make me show an ID to vote.
- The Blockbuster worker who was gonna rent me a movie after voting can demand ID.
- And last, but not least, if the federal government is gonna mandate that a PRIVATE health insurance provider can demand proof of citizenship before purchasing health insurance, then can a PRIVATE grocery store demand proof of citizenship before honoring food stamp cards?

Tangled web of deceit and duplicity. *By Design*

Why is it that U.S. citizens must show passports to re-enter the United States, but non-U.S. citizens are protected, by law, for having to show any form of I.D. to prove they are in the U.S. legally?

Because we're governed by incompetence, ineptitude, and the insatiable appetite of retards to hang on to power in detriment to it's own citizens.

Indeed. Citizens afraid of thier government, instead of the way the Founders designed it.

So if I get this liberal madness correctly..........

The feds will mandate that insurance companies verify citizenship before selling them insurance, while the feds then sue states for wanting to verify citizenship of drivers on their roads?

So I ask.........can a private grocery store demand proof of citizenship before allowing someone to use the food stamp card, or buy groceries? The Feds are gonna say one private industry can demand proof of citizenship to sell them a product, why can't the rest? Maybe states should start PRIVATIZED toll booths (some in place in many states, including SC), and those private toll booths can demand proof of citizenship before passing through?

God liberalism is so awesome!!!

Forum List

Back