So on LiveWire, we often make fun of sex offenders, is that legal?

This is the disclaimer for Megan's Law:

Legal and Illegal Uses. The information on this web site is made available solely to protect the public. Anyone who uses this information to commit a crime or to harass an offender or his or her family is subject to criminal prosecution and civil liability. Any person who is required to register pursuant to Penal Code section 290 who enters this web site is punishable by a fine not exceeding $1,000, imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding six months, or by both the fine and imprisonment. (Pen. Code, § 290.46, subd. (h)(2).)

I don't know if anonymous postings on the internet are considered harrassment, but people should be careful. The ACLU hates Megan's Law.

This is the disclaimer for Megan's Law:

Legal and Illegal Uses. The information on this web site is made available solely to protect the public. Anyone who uses this information to commit a crime or to harass an offender or his or her family is subject to criminal prosecution and civil liability. Any person who is required to register pursuant to Penal Code section 290 who enters this web site is punishable by a fine not exceeding $1,000, imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding six months, or by both the fine and imprisonment. (Pen. Code, § 290.46, subd. (h)(2).)

I don't know if anonymous postings on the internet are considered harrassment, but people should be careful. The ACLU hates Megan's Law.

I don't blame them. You can be forced to register as a sex offender if a cop catches you peeing behind a dumpster at 3 in the morning.

Forum List

Back