So Ohio gets union rights back; What next? Layoffs or tax hikes?

We see the same thing with the public sector unions here in Massachussetts....we are having billions in shortfalls in our budget to do our romneycare and the public sector unions still are looking for guaranteed raises every year.

Then you the citizens need to pull them up short without ending collective bargaining, and while you do that, you better do a better job of making sure corporate America is paying its far share in Massachusetts.

They don't call us Taxachussetts for nothing ;)

And this state is the wrong state to try denying a public sector union a raise regardless of our economic situation.

There are some companies that get special treatment, such as Cape Wind, who should have to pay the corporate taxes like anyone else but the legislature wont try to stop it and if they did the Gov would just veto it.

Then the voters better get to work. I am far more trusting in voters controlling the state then consumers and workers trying to make corporations and business be good neighbors.

Then you the citizens need to pull them up short without ending collective bargaining, and while you do that, you better do a better job of making sure corporate America is paying its far share in Massachusetts.

They don't call us Taxachussetts for nothing ;)

And this state is the wrong state to try denying a public sector union a raise regardless of our economic situation.

There are some companies that get special treatment, such as Cape Wind, who should have to pay the corporate taxes like anyone else but the legislature wont try to stop it and if they did the Gov would just veto it.

Then the voters better get to work. I am far more trusting in voters controlling the state then consumers and workers trying to make corporations and business be good neighbors.

nah my state has a lot of liberals and progressives in it so the voters don't mind giving special tax breaks to companies that are in line with their political ideology such as cape wind ;).

If it bothered me that much I'd move to new hampsire :tongue:

We'll just have to watch Ohio lay off good teachers while the poor teachers carry on with unacceptable performances. Same with the other public unions. Wha ever happened to succeeding with meritorious work? America is back sliding.

We'll just have to watch Ohio lay off good teachers while the poor teachers carry on with unacceptable performances. Same with the other public unions. Wha ever happened to succeeding with meritorious work? America is back sliding.

Non sequitur. And, no, America is always aimed at a meritocracy, and part of that has been because of public education. The error rests with the politicians, not the teachers.

Will somebody please tell me why the blue blazes fuck public unions should have collective bargaining rights with the very same politicians who decide their contracts? At a time when their compensation and benefits far outstrip what the private sector gets?
REALLY? so that's how you think it works huh? you think the politicians decide teacher's contracts?

Suggestion: Why don't you google it, and find out how it truly works?

If they had, thier company would either eventually leave or go out of business.

Nonsense. Their company was run by smart people, I'm sure. They would have made it work out. Maybe have to settle for a $5 million bonus instead of $10 million. But if there's money to be made, I'm sure their company would rather be the ones to make it than someone else who steps up and fills the void.

^^^^^

This is why I'm not worried about "Atlas shrugging". "Atlas" wouldn't dare because he knows there are others who are willing to jump in and make some $$$ under new rules if they aren't.

What are these new rules you speak of?

Nonsense. Their company was run by smart people, I'm sure. They would have made it work out. Maybe have to settle for a $5 million bonus instead of $10 million. But if there's money to be made, I'm sure their company would rather be the ones to make it than someone else who steps up and fills the void.

^^^^^

This is why I'm not worried about "Atlas shrugging". "Atlas" wouldn't dare because he knows there are others who are willing to jump in and make some $$$ under new rules if they aren't.

What are these new rules you speak of?

Rules=regulations.

Forum List

Back