So, Obama supporters do you actually think he is doing a good job

Obama should take being put down by Republicans as an honor. Pulitzer Prize Winner and Conservative Kathleen Parker says the current Republican Party has become the party of "Ooga Booga".

To me, it's a "one trick pony". Their only economic policy is "cut taxes". There only political discourse is "hate government". Their "science" is "mysticism". They are failure piled on failure and the most hilarious aspect, they see themselves as "common sense intellectuals". Their arrogance won't let them see their failures, ever. Like their messaiah, Bush, it's not that they won't admit their failures, no, they are incapable of seeing them. The only reason they side with millionaires over "normal Americans" is because they see themselves as "millionaires without funds".

What's sad is real millionaires see them as "rednecks" to be used up and spit out. Fodder for military adventures. The butt of jokes.

We just have to be thankful this generation of Republicans is aging. One good thing is the fact the extremist leadership showed their hand too early by wanting to cut medicare. This will leave an elderly base rudderless. They won't trust their leadership. By siding with "Medicare", they are actually putting some trust in government.

"Their science is mysticism" HAHAHAHAA!!! Thank you for this...I have been calling them anti-science, but you are so right, it's mysticism. Otherwise those dinosaurs could never have been on the ark.

Obama should take being put down by Republicans as an honor. Pulitzer Prize Winner and Conservative Kathleen Parker says the current Republican Party has become the party of "Ooga Booga".

To me, it's a "one trick pony". Their only economic policy is "cut taxes". There only political discourse is "hate government". Their "science" is "mysticism". They are failure piled on failure and the most hilarious aspect, they see themselves as "common sense intellectuals". Their arrogance won't let them see their failures, ever. Like their messaiah, Bush, it's not that they won't admit their failures, no, they are incapable of seeing them. The only reason they side with millionaires over "normal Americans" is because they see themselves as "millionaires without funds".

What's sad is real millionaires see them as "rednecks" to be used up and spit out. Fodder for military adventures. The butt of jokes.

We just have to be thankful this generation of Republicans is aging. One good thing is the fact the extremist leadership showed their hand too early by wanting to cut medicare. This will leave an elderly base rudderless. They won't trust their leadership. By siding with "Medicare", they are actually putting some trust in government.

The Ryan "kill Medicare" budget is going to sink the Republicans in 2012.

Now they want to privatize Social Security as well.

i sometimes wonder by what metric 'conservatives' deem obama a failure.

more than that, I'm curious what they believe the situation would be had someone else been elected.

Well, we'll never know.

I use these metrics:

60,000,000 unemployed or underemployed
$5 gas
Inflation
Worthless $
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
3 wars
Continually collapsing housing market
No jobs created
Obamacare

You keep posting these "metrics", but they don't align with anything real.

1. There aren't 60,000,000 people out of work/looking for full-time work.
2. Gas isn't five dollars a gallon
3. Inflation is below the stability rate, much less optimal placement under the circumstances.
4. While job growth has been too slow, the economy has added jobs every month since January of 2010.

He killed bin Laden

If Bush had ever done that the right would have nominated him for Sainthood

OMG! Isn't that the truth. I can just imagine how we would have heard about how courageous and brave and smart he was. He would be Americas #1 warrior. But now we know it's President Obama. :razz: Great huh?

I suppose they do just like the bush supporters did while Bush was president.
A partisan blindered hack is a partisan blindered hack on both sides.

Sadly, most people on message boards don't want to take a stand. They didn't on Bush and few will on Obama. The polls are the only indication because those are truly anonymous. GWB barely won the 2004 election (he had become that unpopular) and probably would have lost to Kerry had it not been for the shenanigans in Ohio. But message boards I used back then barely showed Bush supporters changing their minds. Once out of office, those people suddenly declared their independence. Uh huh... What's so embarrassing about admitting your guy fucked up? It doesn't mean your principles have changed.

well we shall never know now shall we. Personally I think he would have done better. Not because of any Particular Policy specifically. But Because I think the Main Reason Obama is so bad, is not just that these are real hard times. It is because he is completely out of his Depth, and worse unwilling to admit it. In Fact not only unwilling to admit it, but arrogant to the Core. He believes his Policies are working, Despite over Whelming Evidence that they have not, and have in fact because the Debt Strain. Have Made things far worse in the long term out look.

IMO anyways.

These Problems were having with Medicare and SS were predicted by People who opposed them in the first place. Of course they were called heartless assholes, and fear mongers. When they said the system would eventually become unsustainable, and be abused. But they were right. Now were stuck with 2 systems that could destroy us, and are going to fail if we do nothing, Yet are so important to so many people that simply suggesting changing them at all is political Suicide.

Bad situation.

His policies ARE working, although if someone is still unemployed, they can't see it.

News Release: Gross Domestic Product
The increase in real GDP in the first quarter primarily reflected positive contributions from personal consumption expenditures (PCE), private inventory investment, exports, and nonresidential fixed investment that were partly offset by negative contributions from federal government spending and state and local government spending. Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of GDP, increased.

One bad week of unemployment figures doesn't tell the overall story.

One bad week? We're at 9.1% unemployed by the official count and about 17% by the actual count.

If you think his policies are working, we must ask what you think his policies are intended to accomplish.

The country divides into two basic groups: Those who remember how the Carter years felt and those who are finding out.

Without new ventures that get the country back as a manufacturer and not just a servicer, economists are now saying that 8% unemployment will be the norm for several years. There is credible information on every financial page that clearly state the economy is picking up steam. You don't have to rely on what I say, then twist it as untrue. It isn't.

He killed bin Laden

If Bush had ever done that the right would have nominated him for Sainthood

OMG! Isn't that the truth. I can just imagine how we would have heard about how courageous and brave and smart he was. He would be Americas #1 warrior. But now we know it's President Obama. :razz: Great huh?

OMG! :eek::eek: OMG! If Bush had done it the leftwing looonatics would be outraged and called him a torturer murderer.. OMFG! :eek::eek: The fucking hypocrisy.. OMG!!!

code1211 said:
The country divides into two basic groups: Those who remember how the Carter years felt and those who are finding out.

I remember well the Carter years. But I also know enough about the politics of Carter that exist to this day and that's to blame the man instead of the circumstances he had to deal with at the time.

Carter's Economy
Jimmy Carter inherited a deeply troubled economy. The "great inflation" that is associated with his presidency in fact began in the latter part of the Johnson years, and the oil crisis Carter faced was the second oil price shock of the decade. In addition, a decline in worker productivity and a rise in competition from Germany and Japan compounded the nation's economic problems.

Factors beyond Nixon's control also undermined his economic policies.

Carter was personally blamed also for the Iranian hostage situation, which was a military FUBAR.

Was Carter a great president? No. But neither was he the worst one ever. It's absurd to blame only "the president" when a myriad of events that shape the overall economy at the time present themselves which no administration has control over immediately.

I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush. The left still has not done a budget for next year but just want to bash Ryan for his. Even when they had control of Congress and the Senate and White house they still could not pass a budget. Obama says he is not at war with Libya but the latest we have heard they have boots on the ground and we are paying for most of this operation. He said he wanted to be transparent but had back room deals for his healthcare bill and in Pelosi district over 20 percent of the waivers were to her district. This is the same woman who said we would love this law once we read it but its not good enough for the people in San Fran.

We have to get on the same page. USA is broke. Medicare and SSI has to be overhauled. But instead of trying to do something about it they scare the elderly. This president plays more golf and goes on more vacation then any president. Even on memorial day he laid a wreath on the unknown soldier and then and went to play golf. Why not spend the day with Gold star family members who lost their military member in combat or go to Walter Reed and spend the day with the injured.
Do I think he needs some down time, Of course but he has taken it to the extreme!!!

Our only true ally in the middle east is Israel and Obama has disc the president of Israel twice but puts out the red carpet for communist China. Instead of raising the debt ceiling why dont we stop having China making everything for us and bring the jobs back to the USA. Why not drill in the gulf because China is about to drill right outside of Cuba so if there is an accident it will affect us anyway.. We need to quit relying on other countries and provide for ourselves.

He needs to stay out of State laws period. Quit putting his two cents into everyone business but he doesnt even do his own job!!

He says there is nothing wrong with our borders but a second rancher was killed on this side by the drug cartel in Mexico. It came out that our ATF is letting the guns go to Mexico
Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News . Bring our troops home from Afghanistan and but them at our borders because you know that more then illegal mexicans that are coming across from each border ie Canada.. I could go on but Im tired :redface:

No president is going to fix ALL problems, especially all at once. So the priority has been from the outset saving the economy from total meltdown. Only history will tell whether or not Obama chose the right path to stitch it up temporarily. All federal options have been exhausted, however, and it's high time the yammering private sector stepped up to the plate, stopped whining about obstacles, and either started spending its hoards by bailing out THEMSELVES (the smaller businesses that rely on Wall Street investors), or at the very least partnering with the federal government to bring the economy back to a solid return.

What is your plan for the money you liquidate from your retirement to blow on the great opportunities you envision?

I'm talking about big monied Wall Street investors. :eusa_eh: Since you highlighted that part in red, it's inconceivable you didn't *get* what I meant. Actually, if investments IN AMERICAN JOBS would begin in earnest, that would mean that my 401K would grow too. Hello?

You cannot wish his policies well because they are a dismal failure.
Hillary Clinton would have been overwhelmed. Mc Cain would have been viewed as weak. He had no domestic policy.
I believe both McCain and Clinton would not have interfered and micromanaged the economy the way Obama has. Obama is anti- private sector. The other two know better.
A Hillary "fan"?.....Is that for real?

Your posts are pretty funny.

Obama has done a good job, but you can't admit it.
And Obama is not anti-private sector. He saved GM and Chrysler and the big banks.

Nice try, though, but telling lies over and over again doesn't make them the truth.

The results of Obama and of Clinton are in absolutely stark contrast to each other. In each and every area, the results are exactly opposite between these two administrations.

If it is your thesis that Obama is showing good results, then Clinton, by comparison had poor results. If, on the other hand, you think Clinton showed good results, a position that I and most of the sane people I know hold, then the results produced by Obama are bad.

So, compare the two and explain the similarities in the unemployment figures, the GDP growth, our involvement in foreign wars, the rise of personal income, the deficit the debt and so on. Please include the rise of the value of stocks and property along with the regard of the strength and influence of the USA abroad.

:confused: Bill Clinton didn't have to deal with a collapsing economy.

With all of that said, are you planning to vote for him again in 2012?

Against the current field of Republicans, I'd have to say yes if Obama is unchallenged. But if Biden decided he wanted that challenge, he would have my vote. For one thing, Biden has not been in total lockstep with everything Obama proposed. Biden had a different proposal for getting out of Afghanistan, which basically called for ending the centralized government of Kabul and proposing the tribes negotiate to separate the country based on regional requirements. Biden was against introducing health care at the outset, in light of the economic tsunami he could see coming. He is also highly respected by members of the Republican party for his vast experience and knowledge.

The challenge to a sitting president by his vice president hasn't happened since Hubert Humphrey jumped in to oppose LBJ and that was after it became clear that Johnson's couldn't win a second term.

I think LBJ said something along the lines of if nominated i will not run and if elected I will not serve.

That was AFTER he studied polls that showed he could not win reelection. At the time, the Vietnam War was hugely unpopular, and Nixon was promising to end it. And with Nixon already a household name, he was a formidable candidate.

One might begin by looking at his policies on drilling and his opposition to the use of fossil fuels in the USA.

The bad economy may not be his problem, but the failure to recover out of it is. The average recession since the Great Depression has been 10 months. The longest one prior to this was 16 months. We are in the 41st month of this one.

If a guy is failing and doing what he believes is right, there's no shame in that. The problem is when that guy is steering the boat into an ice berg or crashing the airplane full of passengers or not sending the firefighters to the house that burning.

He's our leader and is supposed to be able to do something to help. He has no clue. It's time to change partners.

Once again, all I see are the same old criticisms. He has no clue. He failed. He's not steering the boat in the right direction. Okay, when are you guys going to actually come up with alternatives that would work better considering the immediacy of the economic problems we face? Immediacy being the operative word--no "reduce regulations," or "lower taxes," or "cut programs," all of which take time to get approved by Congress, and all of which have some merit but down the road. The stimulus was put through because there wasn't TIME for Congress to play its usual games of dotting every 'i' and crossing every 't' for each and every clause in each and every thing Republicans would like.

The stimulus was put through to keep the union employees on the job until the economy came back on its own. Sadly, while Nancy and Harry were robbing the Treasury, the Big 0 was castrating the economy and terrifying the the business sector.

Investing money is based on the reasonable expectation that one can increase his money with a very good chance of not losing the principal. That reasonable expectation has been removed by this administration acting on caprice to outlaw methods to make money.

The left crows that Obama saved GM and Chrysler. Chrysler was purchased by Fiat. Fiat has repaid all of the funds. GM has not. The bailout of GM was sold on as the way to avoid bankruptcy which would have eroded confidence in the comapnay. Who would buy a car from a bankrupt company?

The move to avoid bankruptcy was actually a thinly veiled move to save the UAW. Eventually, the bailout was based on the premise that the UAW would survive and the bondholders, those who had invested in GM would get screwed. How were the bondholders relieved of their money. Well, GM eventually did declare bankruptcy, but, in a departure from the real intent of a bankruptcy, the goal was not as much to save the company as it was to save the union. Interesting departure from the intent of law to serve the goal of polical parties, no?

Every thought , move and word out of Obama, whether it is striopping the cash from the GM bonmdholders, stopping the use of the platforms in the Gulf to drill oil, pushing Cap and Trade, not approving trade deals or exhorting the need to make the "rich pay their fair share" is aimed directly at robbing those who might invest of the confidence to do so.

Obama's whole life is based on killing the Golden Goose and he finally has exactly the right tool to do it.

Oh the dramatic opinions. It's really fun, but of course to counter any of that, I'd need to revisit each issue and bore everyone to tears with those pesky things called facts.

After George W. Bush fulfilled his two terms, I wanted a President almost exactly like him. Obama is an answer to prayer because he is so much like GWB. He truly is a messiah.

4237928762_bush_obama_xlarge.jpeg

BTW, where is George W. Bush anyway? I never see him anymore. :lol:

Unlike the bottom feeders Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, George Bush is not condemning the office of the Presidency as they did him for eight years.

I saw a clip on TV with George Bush and a group of Veterans with missing arms and/or legs riding a tough trail on their mountain bikes. One soldier went over the handle bars and broke his leg prosthetic. Bush also took a hard spill, got up and went right back to riding the trail. He got the respect of the soldiers who commented he was damned good for a man over 60.

Bush had enough respect for the military, unlike the present community organizer, to quit playing golf during the Iraq war. He stated that he didn't want to get a message that some American troops had been killed while he was enjoying himself on the golf course.

Some Americans actually do have class.

Oh please. George W. Bush knew how unwise it would have been for him to remain in the headlines when his popularity was down to below 30% when he left office. His dad probably told him to lie low and his legacy would be kind as the bad shit would fade from the public mind. Dad spoke from experience.

Well, we'll never know.

I use these metrics:

60,000,000 unemployed or underemployed
$5 gas
Inflation
Worthless $
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
3 wars
Continually collapsing housing market
No jobs created
Obamacare
and again, i have to ask what real differences you believe there would be had anyone else been president?

also, where are you buying your gas?

further, is a collapsing housing market the fault of the president, or is it the fault of the lack of regulation that caused the bubble?

i also don't know about you, but my $ spends just fine. if yours are worthless, please feel free to send them my way.

finally, what do you believe should have been done to create job growth, and what effects do you believe it would have had?

The collapsing housing market was said to have been the result of "toxic assets". These toxic assets were actual real life mortgages that were not being paid and were part of bundles sold by mortgage originators to financial institutions.

They are for the most part still there and have not been corrected or addressed. This is something that should have been addressed with some of the 4 TRILLION dollars that the Big 0 and the Nancy and Harry show pissed away. They were too busy using the funds to prop up public sector employee union jobs and bribing friends and benefactors.

If the trillion or so stimulus dollars used to bribe the democrats and prop up the public sector union employees had been spent on an actual incentive for the economy at the time the funds were being pissed away, they could have been used to subsidize the improvements of everybody's personal domicile from a coat of paint to a new roof.

Let's say that the government paid 20% of every dollar used to fix up a house or apartment. Using the trillion dollars from the tax coffers would have generated another 4 Trillion dollars from the private sector's pockets generating tax dollars from sales taxes, payroll taxes and all the permits, licenses and fees, causing hiring, causing the purchase of equipment to do the subsidized fixing and juicing up the entire economy from vehicles to window glass.

The Big 0 doesn't see the possibility of incentives making people spend to build the economy. He only sees the straight line between a bribe and a vote.

The entire country is now run by the bribe for effect Chicago paradigm.

If you had ever taken the time to follow the stimulus money, you wouldn't be making such erroneous assertions. At the ProPublica.org website, you can see where the money went, right down to pages showing which private contractors received how much in which states, along with the "bailout" of states about to go bankrupt and about 40% going to tax breaks.

Stimulus:*How Fast We're Spending Nearly $800 Billion | ProPublica

Tools & Data - ProPublica

I don't think he is doing a good job.

But I also don't think anyone out there would do any better.

These are some of the toughest times i have ever lived in, and i am no spring chicken!

boomers retiring with higher medicare costs coming each year, higher government spending on child heathcare, and medicaid etc, the near banking collapse, the housing collapse, the higher unemployment and gvt spending on unemployment, fannie and freddie collapse, etc etc etc etc.... and beginning with a running deficit of $1.4 trillion before he turned in his own first budget...with $6 trillion added to the national debt in the previous 8 years....

I just don't see how Mc Cain would have been any better???

I did not vote for Obama....i was a Hillary fan, and was pissed about several things that happened in the primary....i just couldn't vote for him!

But he is our president now and i support him as my President....I wish him and our country well! So far it ain't going as well as i wish, but i don't think it would be, even if hillary or mccain were in his shoes either!

McCain wouldn't have borrowed and spent 787 BILLION taxpayer dollars with a promise that it would create millions of jobs and unemployment wouldn't rise over 8.2%.

What has happened is Barack Obama has made it much WORSE by trying to micro-manage this economy.

For instance: There is no such thing as "shovel ready projects". Obama in his effort to follow in FDR's footsteps didn't realise something critical. What was done overnight in the 1930's--now takes years of engineering and design. What took thousands of men with shovels back in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. And all construction trades today--are required to be licensed. IOW--you can't grab a guy off of the street--and tell him to jump into a backhoe and start digging. Obama forgot that 1/2 of our workforce today are women who typically don't work on road and bridge projects.

I could go on--but who would expect that our Harvard graduate--community organizer--intellectual--President elite--wouldn't know that?--:razz:

I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush. The left still has not done a budget for next year but just want to bash Ryan for his. Even when they had control of Congress and the Senate and White house they still could not pass a budget. Obama says he is not at war with Libya but the latest we have heard they have boots on the ground and we are paying for most of this operation. He said he wanted to be transparent but had back room deals for his healthcare bill and in Pelosi district over 20 percent of the waivers were to her district. This is the same woman who said we would love this law once we read it but its not good enough for the people in San Fran.

We have to get on the same page. USA is broke. Medicare and SSI has to be overhauled. But instead of trying to do something about it they scare the elderly. This president plays more golf and goes on more vacation then any president. Even on memorial day he laid a wreath on the unknown soldier and then and went to play golf. Why not spend the day with Gold star family members who lost their military member in combat or go to Walter Reed and spend the day with the injured.
Do I think he needs some down time, Of course but he has taken it to the extreme!!!

Our only true ally in the middle east is Israel and Obama has disc the president of Israel twice but puts out the red carpet for communist China. Instead of raising the debt ceiling why dont we stop having China making everything for us and bring the jobs back to the USA. Why not drill in the gulf because China is about to drill right outside of Cuba so if there is an accident it will affect us anyway.. We need to quit relying on other countries and provide for ourselves.

He needs to stay out of State laws period. Quit putting his two cents into everyone business but he doesnt even do his own job!!

He says there is nothing wrong with our borders but a second rancher was killed on this side by the drug cartel in Mexico. It came out that our ATF is letting the guns go to Mexico
Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News . Bring our troops home from Afghanistan and but them at our borders because you know that more then illegal mexicans that are coming across from each border ie Canada.. I could go on but Im tired :redface:

Do you think that things are better in the rest of the world? How on earth do you blame Obama for high gasoline prices, you lost your credibility right there?

Banning drilling in the Gulf and damned nearly everywhere else where there are proven reserves might be the first clue.

That's a minor blip. Have we run out of oil yet? No. Do I want these in my back yard when it isn't necessary? No.

images

Do REPUBLICANS want to have their ocean views from Palm Beach or Santa Barbara obscured by these? Uh, no, that's why they called on offshore drilling moratoriums in both Florida and California.

images

Do you think that things are better in the rest of the world? How on earth do you blame Obama for high gasoline prices, you lost your credibility right there?

One might begin by looking at his policies on drilling and his opposition to the use of fossil fuels in the USA.

The bad economy may not be his problem, but the failure to recover out of it is. The average recession since the Great Depression has been 10 months. The longest one prior to this was 16 months. We are in the 41st month of this one.

If a guy is failing and doing what he believes is right, there's no shame in that. The problem is when that guy is steering the boat into an ice berg or crashing the airplane full of passengers or not sending the firefighters to the house that burning.

He's our leader and is supposed to be able to do something to help. He has no clue. It's time to change partners.

There is offshore drilling in the North Sea and European petrol prices are still high. How can you even mention this after the disaster in the Gulf of Mexico?

Let me think about this question (OP) for a moment before answering.
First, I have to fill up my son's car ($65), my wife's car ($75) and mine - ($80). I'll get back to this after that and checking with Zillow to see how worthless my home is.

Forum List

Back