So, Obama supporters do you actually think he is doing a good job

and again, i have to ask what real differences you believe there would be had anyone else been president?

also, where are you buying your gas?

further, is a collapsing housing market the fault of the president, or is it the fault of the lack of regulation that caused the bubble?

i also don't know about you, but my $ spends just fine. if yours are worthless, please feel free to send them my way.

finally, what do you believe should have been done to create job growth, and what effects do you believe it would have had?

The collapsing housing market was said to have been the result of "toxic assets". These toxic assets were actual real life mortgages that were not being paid and were part of bundles sold by mortgage originators to financial institutions.

They are for the most part still there and have not been corrected or addressed. This is something that should have been addressed with some of the 4 TRILLION dollars that the Big 0 and the Nancy and Harry show pissed away. They were too busy using the funds to prop up public sector employee union jobs and bribing friends and benefactors.

If the trillion or so stimulus dollars used to bribe the democrats and prop up the public sector union employees had been spent on an actual incentive for the economy at the time the funds were being pissed away, they could have been used to subsidize the improvements of everybody's personal domicile from a coat of paint to a new roof.

Let's say that the government paid 20% of every dollar used to fix up a house or apartment. Using the trillion dollars from the tax coffers would have generated another 4 Trillion dollars from the private sector's pockets generating tax dollars from sales taxes, payroll taxes and all the permits, licenses and fees, causing hiring, causing the purchase of equipment to do the subsidized fixing and juicing up the entire economy from vehicles to window glass.

The Big 0 doesn't see the possibility of incentives making people spend to build the economy. He only sees the straight line between a bribe and a vote.

The entire country is now run by the bribe for effect Chicago paradigm.

If you had ever taken the time to follow the stimulus money, you wouldn't be making such erroneous assertions. At the ProPublica.org website, you can see where the money went, right down to pages showing which private contractors received how much in which states, along with the "bailout" of states about to go bankrupt and about 40% going to tax breaks.

Stimulus:*How Fast We're Spending Nearly $800 Billion | ProPublica

Tools & Data - ProPublica

And do they also list the 20 BILLION of this stimulus money went over to China to build wind turbines for us? And what's worse--do they let you know that we borrowed this money from them?

Obama's Stimulus Money Spent Overseas, Jobs in China - ABC News

He killed bin Laden

If Bush had ever done that the right would have nominated him for Sainthood

OMG! Isn't that the truth. I can just imagine how we would have heard about how courageous and brave and smart he was. He would be Americas #1 warrior. But now we know it's President Obama. :razz: Great huh?

OMG! :eek::eek: OMG! If Bush had done it the leftwing looonatics would be outraged and called him a torturer murderer.. OMFG! :eek::eek: The fucking hypocrisy.. OMG!!!

Bush's approval rating following 911 and 3 months later the invasion of Afghanistan, with the intent of dismantling the Taliban and capturing OBL, was at 91%. Those weren't all Republicans, dear.

Next?

Do you think that things are better in the rest of the world? How on earth do you blame Obama for high gasoline prices, you lost your credibility right there?

One might begin by looking at his policies on drilling and his opposition to the use of fossil fuels in the USA.

The bad economy may not be his problem, but the failure to recover out of it is. The average recession since the Great Depression has been 10 months. The longest one prior to this was 16 months. We are in the 41st month of this one.

If a guy is failing and doing what he believes is right, there's no shame in that. The problem is when that guy is steering the boat into an ice berg or crashing the airplane full of passengers or not sending the firefighters to the house that burning.

He's our leader and is supposed to be able to do something to help. He has no clue. It's time to change partners.

There is offshore drilling in the North Sea and European petrol prices are still high. How can you even mention this after the disaster in the Gulf of Mexico?

So one loose plug in the Gulf--means we shut down 4000 RIGS. Great idea!

There are things I would have done differently, but I'm relatively happy with his performance overall.

Sums up my feeling exactly.

For example, the Healthcare bill is a once in a lifetime thing. So why not go for the whole cha-bang? The atomic bomb all of us face on this board (well, I would say that if I'm any indication of the demographic), is elder care. Not our personal health care and not that of our kids who are, generally speaking, on our health plans through our employer. Its having a 50-60 y/o widow/widower who is on a fixed income and health that will fail at some point.

Obama should have fought for an option to allow someone to add their qualifying parent/in law to their insurance.

Now there is zero hope something like that ever gets passed in our lifetime.

If President Obama was doing such a good job, it would be necessary for him to waste time to campaign to build his own personal; campaign budget to a billion dollars, now would it? He would run on his performance from his his stint in office.

He should be spending his time and effort trying to solve or finding someone who can solve the foreign affairs problems we have, the jobs, economy and immigration problems we continue to have. Add to this, his own personal realization that he hasn't connected with the citizens concerns yet, even after so 3 years in office!

Stop the campaigning, Mr. President. We can see your record. That is what you spend your precious time in highlighting.

One citizens/voters voice.

I don't think he is doing a good job.

But I also don't think anyone out there would do any better.

These are some of the toughest times i have ever lived in, and i am no spring chicken!

boomers retiring with higher medicare costs coming each year, higher government spending on child heathcare, and medicaid etc, the near banking collapse, the housing collapse, the higher unemployment and gvt spending on unemployment, fannie and freddie collapse, etc etc etc etc.... and beginning with a running deficit of $1.4 trillion before he turned in his own first budget...with $6 trillion added to the national debt in the previous 8 years....

I just don't see how Mc Cain would have been any better???

I did not vote for Obama....i was a Hillary fan, and was pissed about several things that happened in the primary....i just couldn't vote for him!

But he is our president now and i support him as my President....I wish him and our country well! So far it ain't going as well as i wish, but i don't think it would be, even if hillary or mccain were in his shoes either!

McCain wouldn't have borrowed and spent 787 BILLION taxpayer dollars with a promise that it would create millions of jobs and unemployment wouldn't rise over 8.2%.

What has happened is Barack Obama has made it much WORSE by trying to micro-manage this economy.

For instance: There is no such thing as "shovel ready projects". Obama in his effort to follow in FDR's footsteps didn't realise something critical. What was done overnight in the 1930's--now takes years of engineering and design. What took thousands of men with shovels back in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. And all construction trades today--are required to be licensed. IOW--you can't grab a guy off of the street--and tell him to jump into a backhoe and start digging. Obama forgot that 1/2 of our workforce today are women who typically don't work on road and bridge projects.

I could go on--but who would expect that our Harvard graduate--community organizer--intellectual--President elite--wouldn't know that?--:razz:

McCain would have possibly just let the economy collapse, which would have rippled all over the world (as it did anyway, initially), since he thought our economy was "fundamentally intact."

As for road projects that stimulus money covered, a few million went directly to the area where I live in Vermont, large portions of Route 7 (the major North/South artery) which had been badly in need of lane expansion for decades. As soon as Vermont got the money, they brought out the heavy equipment AND the shovels, hired a lot of construction people who then turned around and spent their wages on products that kept businesses alive. That road construction is now completed, and now the 16-wheelers don't have to slow to a crawl as they try to maneuver through L-shaped curves on pot-holed 2-lane roads.

Oreo said:
Obama forgot that 1/2 of our workforce today are women who typically don't work on road and bridge projects.

I should have mentioned that many of the flagmen at the Vermont road construction sites were flagWOMEN. :lol:

The collapsing housing market was said to have been the result of "toxic assets". These toxic assets were actual real life mortgages that were not being paid and were part of bundles sold by mortgage originators to financial institutions.

They are for the most part still there and have not been corrected or addressed. This is something that should have been addressed with some of the 4 TRILLION dollars that the Big 0 and the Nancy and Harry show pissed away. They were too busy using the funds to prop up public sector employee union jobs and bribing friends and benefactors.

If the trillion or so stimulus dollars used to bribe the democrats and prop up the public sector union employees had been spent on an actual incentive for the economy at the time the funds were being pissed away, they could have been used to subsidize the improvements of everybody's personal domicile from a coat of paint to a new roof.

Let's say that the government paid 20% of every dollar used to fix up a house or apartment. Using the trillion dollars from the tax coffers would have generated another 4 Trillion dollars from the private sector's pockets generating tax dollars from sales taxes, payroll taxes and all the permits, licenses and fees, causing hiring, causing the purchase of equipment to do the subsidized fixing and juicing up the entire economy from vehicles to window glass.

The Big 0 doesn't see the possibility of incentives making people spend to build the economy. He only sees the straight line between a bribe and a vote.

If you had ever taken the time to follow the stimulus money, you wouldn't be making such erroneous assertions. At the ProPublica.org website, you can see where the money went, right down to pages showing which private contractors received how much in which states, along with the "bailout" of states about to go bankrupt and about 40% going to tax breaks.

Stimulus:*How Fast We're Spending Nearly $800 Billion | ProPublica

Tools & Data - ProPublica

And do they also list the 20 BILLION of this stimulus money went over to China to build wind turbines for us? And what's worse--do they let you know that we borrowed this money from them?

Obama's Stimulus Money Spent Overseas, Jobs in China - ABC News
^The company that is helping to finance the wind project, US-REG, issued a statement Wednesday saying that the majority of jobs created by the project will be for Americans.

"A minimum of 70 percent of each wind turbine [...] will be wholly manufactured in the United States and made entirely of American steel. It is incorrect to assume that the hundreds of additional jobs created aside from the direct construction and operation of the Texas plant would be outside the U.S.," said Cappy McGarr, managing partner for the U.S. Renewable Energy Group.

So parts came from China. What else is new? Ooh snap. Blame that on Obama, too.

One might begin by looking at his policies on drilling and his opposition to the use of fossil fuels in the USA.

The bad economy may not be his problem, but the failure to recover out of it is. The average recession since the Great Depression has been 10 months. The longest one prior to this was 16 months. We are in the 41st month of this one.

If a guy is failing and doing what he believes is right, there's no shame in that. The problem is when that guy is steering the boat into an ice berg or crashing the airplane full of passengers or not sending the firefighters to the house that burning.

He's our leader and is supposed to be able to do something to help. He has no clue. It's time to change partners.

There is offshore drilling in the North Sea and European petrol prices are still high. How can you even mention this after the disaster in the Gulf of Mexico?

Until they could show they were not as defective, yes, it was. Duh...

If President Obama was doing such a good job, it would be necessary for him to waste time to campaign to build his own personal; campaign budget to a billion dollars, now would it? He would run on his performance from his his stint in office.

He should be spending his time and effort trying to solve or finding someone who can solve the foreign affairs problems we have, the jobs, economy and immigration problems we continue to have. Add to this, his own personal realization that he hasn't connected with the citizens concerns yet, even after so 3 years in office!

Stop the campaigning, Mr. President. We can see your record. That is what you spend your precious time in highlighting.

One citizens/voters voice.

You haven't been around the political arena too long, have you.

I voted for Obama to do three things:
- Ensure we got out of Iraq.
- Switch the focus of the War on Terror back to Al Queda and bring justice to OBL.
- Start getting us out of Afghanistan.

By my scorecard, he's doing well, and I plan on voting for him again.

More importantly, I don't see anyone else who has any better ideas or visions.

The GOP is quick to say this election will be won or lost on the economy. That is only partly correct.

To win the GOP needs a lousy economy and a dynamic candidate (i.e. Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan).

Unless something changes, they've got a bunch of duds.

Drink a little more of the kool aid.

For the second week in a row, a generic Republican candidate edges President Obama 45% to 42% among Likely U.S. Voters in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Election 2012: Generic Presidential Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

That's all good and fine, but Obama isn't going to run against a "generic GOP candidate". He's going to run against someone with a record and some stances. It's a no-brainer to find out that people essentially want someone better in the office. It's easy to do that with a "generic candidate".

It get's more dicey when actual names are thrown into the hat, though.

New Polls Show Romney Winning Over Weary Republicans - FoxNews.com

Again, for the GOP to win, they are going to need a bad economy and a better field then they have right now.

Bush's approval ratings?
How about Nixon's?
Harding's?
Lincoln's?
Grow up, stupid.

Bush's approval ratings?
How about Nixon's?
Harding's?
Lincoln's?
Grow up, stupid.

Yes, look at the damage one loose plug did. Quit screwing up the world so that you can drive a fast, powerful car, if your masculinity suffers, you have problems.

Obama is doing a good job.

He saved GM and Chrysler.

Obama and Bush and the Congress saved the country from a second Great Depression.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed healthcare, not perfect, but a step in the right direction.

He reformed Wall Street.

He is keeping the Republicans from getting rid of Medicare and privatizing Social Security.

He restored America's image abroad.

His speech in Cairo had a particularly powerful effect.

He appointed a Supreme Court justice who will vote against the Opus Dei Republicans.

That's the short list.

Those are some nice rose tinted glasses you got there.

Chrysler paid us back with money they borrowed from us. GM could have went bankrupt and reorganized without taking all of our money first and come out the same.

Your second point is pure speculation (unless you have an alternate universe time machine)

Our military and the cia are to thank for bin ladens death (maybe even waterboarding)

He started another over reaching entitlement program

Wall Street reforms like what?

Medicare and ss will not survive without extreme reorginazition so basically he has helped it continue to die a slow death. good job?

Polls show we are liked even less now more than ever overseas

Cairo sppech.... again pure speculation

He appointed a judge who thinks latino women are smarter that old white guys (biggotry is a good thing?)

Maybe you should try your long list?

Well, we'll never know.

I use these metrics:

60,000,000 unemployed or underemployed
$5 gas
Inflation
Worthless $
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
3 wars
Continually collapsing housing market
No jobs created
Obamacare
and again, i have to ask what real differences you believe there would be had anyone else been president?

also, where are you buying your gas?

further, is a collapsing housing market the fault of the president, or is it the fault of the lack of regulation that caused the bubble?

i also don't know about you, but my $ spends just fine. if yours are worthless, please feel free to send them my way.

finally, what do you believe should have been done to create job growth, and what effects do you believe it would have had?

Actually, the bundles included as many good mortgages. It was because the banks did not maintain enough capital to leverage the losses of the toxic mortgages that were bundled with the good mortgages that things began to fall apart.

If bailout money had gone directly to pay off toxic mortgages, conservatives would have been dying like mice having heart attacks from shock. Seriously?

Last edited:
Obama is doing a good job.

Obama and Bush and the Congress saved the country from a second Great Depression.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed Wall Street.

He is keeping the Republicans from getting rid of Medicare and privatizing Social Security.

He appointed a Supreme Court justice who will vote against the Opus Dei Republicans.

That's the short list. The longer list is contained at this link....

Obama's Accomplishments - BlueOregon

He saved union the union contracts thats all.

You live a sheltered life the economy has yet to recover.

He got Bin Laden.

He had an unarmed man killed. He was not wanted for the 9/11 attacks by the FBI

HE MADE IT WORSE THOSE WHO HAD INSURENCE WILL NO LONGER HAVE IT BECAUSE OF obama

He reformed Wall Street.

No he didn't CEO's are still getting those big bonus's and wall street has not changed.

Of course obama and the democrats would never want to get rid of their pesonal sluch fund money.
OBAMA MEDICARE CUTS- NOT ONLY DRACONIAN, BUT WILL NO SAVE IT
OBAMA MEDICARE CUTS- NOT ONLY DRACONIAN, BUT WILL NO SAVE IT : No More Doubletalk by Victor Rios : Naples Blogs : Naples Daily News: Local Naples, Florida News Delivered Throughout the Day.

Right thats why we are fight three wars on three differant fronts.

Who gives a shit?

They better up hold the Constitution

That's the short list. The longer list is contained at this link....

You and your list are full of shit.

Forum List

Back