So, Obama said there was no boots in libya

How many American troops were lost in Libya?

How about the Balkans?

Go on..use Google.

Not sure...hard to say.

Course about 200,000 Serbs and Bosnian died.

That's not small change.

If you judge the success of a mission not by how many died but by how many Americans died I'm sure you'll pat yourself on the back. In Somalia anywhere from 350,000 to 1 million died until we set foot in Mogadishu. After that, not many died.

Seems Americans are always sacrificing their lives for others....and when a Dem is in office the others are sacrificed.

You must be so proud.

You talk an awfull lot of shit for a man that claims to like the USA, and soldiers that are democrats.

Did anyone notice how Obama took time out to give a audio speech of what he thought about Libya?

Like we gave a shit about what he thought.

He's trying to take credit. Earlier it was a problem. Now that it's looking good he wants to jump on the bandwagon.

BTW, he didn't plan on giving the speech or else he would have had a camera crew there instead of this stupid audio-tape.

I remember it took him 10 days to comment on the BP oil spill. But this.....even though he didn't plan on doing anything....he found a way to rush to the mike before it was too late to take credit.

AmericanFlag.jpg

How many American troops were lost in Libya?

How about the Balkans?

Go on..use Google.

Not sure...hard to say.

Course about 200,000 Serbs and Bosnian died.

That's not small change.

If you judge the success of a mission not by how many died but by how many Americans died I'm sure you'll pat yourself on the back. In Somalia anywhere from 350,000 to 1 million died until we set foot in Mogadishu. After that, not many died.

Seems Americans are always sacrificing their lives for others....and when a Dem is in office the others are sacrificed.

You must be so proud.

Success for me in the Balkans are stable countries where people can live peacefully and prosper. As well as stopping a genocide (Which is why so many people died)

I was in Croatia several years ago and travelled to Dubrovnik to check out that beautiful city. It was a wonderful trip.

How'd you like it?

Honestly I think we should have done something. What I dont like is the way he did without Congress approval. If this was Bush the libs would be calling him to be impeached. I just dont like the double standards!:doubt:

Double standard? Bush lied us into a war that killed and maimed tens of thousands of Americans so his cronies could make billions. He's lucky he wasn't brought up on charges of treason. Obama wouldn't let that happen. He tried to heal the country. He's still trying.

Hey, Obama, Republicans are a "Confederate" Party. They envision you as "strange fruit". Even before you were sworn in they wanted you to fail. Why do you think they call you "boy" and "manchild"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ZyuULy9zs]Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone notice how Obama took time out to give a audio speech of what he thought about Libya?

He's trying to take credit. Earlier it was a problem. Now that it's looking good he wants to jump on the bandwagon.

BTW, he didn't plan on giving the speech or else he would have had a camera crew there instead of this stupid audio-tape.

I remember it took him 10 days to comment on the BP oil spill. But this.....even though he didn't plan on doing anything....he found a way to rush to the mike before it was too late to take credit.

President Obama did well on Libya and the BP oil spill.

The Republican plan on the BP oil spill was to bitch about it and blame Obama.
The Republican plan on Libya was to bitch about it and blame Obama.

Seems their plan sucked.

My son was home on leave a couple weeks ago and we were talking about this. He said we do have boots son the ground, and he believed they were ALL MARINES. He's training with special forces and i tend to believe he hears what's going on.......Obama lied!

Tell your son to learn to keep his mouth shut. No offence.

If he was told to keep his mouth shut, he would have. No offecne taken......

They don't normally expect to have to say it, and you - as his mom - should know better than to post stuff on a message board.

President Obama did well on Libya and the BP oil spill.

The Republican plan on the BP oil spill was to bitch about it and blame Obama.
The Republican plan on Libya was to bitch about it and blame Obama.

Seems their plan sucked.

Have the republicans been right on anything the last ten years? Christ....all they do is bitch and obstruct

No actually I'm whining because the Prez twisted the reality of war into a convienient excuse for not getting Congressional approval for "the action". Of course, we needed to go in after those guys. But the act of DOING THAT and killing innocent civilians in the process -- just demonstrates how LYING about what is a war and what is NOT (as Obama's weirdly contorted statements) -- is giving folks the impression that missiles and bombing missions aren't intended to destroy and kill...

I'll certainly remember the "putz" comment also...

I have not seen any confirmed reports of civilian casualties on that rescue mission. Got a link? Also, I am unaware of any statement, speech, briefing, etc., where Obama gave the impression that 'missiles and bombing missions aren't intended to destroy and kill.' If you got that impression, perhaps you're not as smart as you seem to think you are.

Oh, and please do.

Tell your son to learn to keep his mouth shut. No offence.

They don't normally expect to have to say it, and you - as his mom - should know better than to post stuff on a message board.

So we're supposed to overlook the fact that Obama lied about it? He lied about it because he wanted the US people to think we were just "helping" the UN out, because he never got an ok from Congress to do this. I think everyone needs to know what a lying sack of crap our president is. He thinks he can do whatever he wants...and i can't wait for the day that it all backfires on him! I didn't give away any deep military secrets, it was something that we all have a right to know.

So we're supposed to overlook the fact that Obama lied about it? He lied about it because he wanted the US people to think we were just "helping" the UN out, because he never got an ok from Congress to do this. I think everyone needs to know what a lying sack of crap our president is. He thinks he can do whatever he wants...and i can't wait for the day that it all backfires on him! I didn't give away any deep military secrets, it was something that we all have a right to know.

That's what Bradley Manning said

They do have an empty cell next to him

No we don't. If we did, there wouldn't be "classified", "secret", and "Top Secret" clearances. Do you think they would let you through the door at Langly because you "have a right to know"?

At any rate, I'll stop trying to talk sense into you. Most likely, no one will notice; but you should know that spreading information that is coming out of the special operations community on a message board is a bad idea.

At any rate, the OP has been shown to be completely off base about this. You know, when two thousand Marines go on deployment, it's somewhat hard to hide the fact that they are in Libya.

The premise of this thread is so silly that it's beyond belief (and about 6 months behind the times).

It wouldn't surprise me if the CIA and Special Forces were in Libya, but that is completely speculative on my part. I have no inside tract that would confirm that.

Technically, he has not lied... yet. Until the Marines are on the ground, he has not lied.

Of course, not that the majority of the hostilities are likely over, he can claim they are peace keepers, there to assist the new regime, etc., and technically still not have lied.

EDIT:

That was back in March, btw...
Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast | abc11.com
The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit was set to deploy to the Mediterranean later this year but that got bumped up once NATO forces launched an air assault on Libya.

The unit is relieving the 26th MEU, which took part in some of the initial assaults. The 22nd is a Marine, air and ground task force. Some are trained for aviation combat, others for ground combat. They can handle evacuations and humanitarian missions too.
They were already schedule to deploy. It just got bumped up, as a precaution most likely.

Sorry, but nothing to see here folks (and remember, I'm a Republican, a conservative, and I don't like most of what Obama has done to this country).

My son was home on leave a couple weeks ago and we were talking about this. He said we do have boots son the ground, and he believed they were ALL MARINES. He's training with special forces and i tend to believe he hears what's going on.......Obama lied!

Wonder what happened to them?

Forum List

Back