So Obama care will force Catholic churches who employ people

Why is the Catholic power structure against abortion prevention?

Yet they support child molestation....not many violators of children go to jail.

How many commentators on this thread are Catholic?

The Catholic church is more concerned with preventing birth control than preventing pedophilia.

Why?

Because no birth control means more Catholics and more power and more money.

No pedophilia means no sex for the priests.

How do I put this in words that stupid people will understand. The Catholic Church does not support any intervention with the procreation of life. People who disagree are welcome not to be Catholic.

And, again - for the stupid - the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03%. Lower that professions such as teachers, sports coaches, etc. I appreciate the desperation that makes you think this is somehow relevant but it isn't. Twit.

Oh, and, without the Catholic Church, we'd all be paying considerably more taxes - because the Church funds massive social programs in the country - and around the world - and asks for nothing in return for that service.

Moron.

Yet they support child molestation....not many violators of children go to jail.

The Catholic church is more concerned with preventing birth control than preventing pedophilia.

Why?

How do I put this in words that stupid people will understand. The Catholic Church does not support any intervention with the procreation of life. People who disagree are welcome not to be Catholic.

And, again - for the stupid - the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03%. Lower that professions such as teachers, sports coaches, etc. I appreciate the desperation that makes you think this is somehow relevant but it isn't. Twit.

Oh, and, without the Catholic Church, we'd all be paying considerably more taxes - because the Church funds massive social programs in the country - and around the world - and asks for nothing in return for that service.

Moron.
Please, I beg of you to have mercy on the village idiot.

Why?

Moron.

Some people are just incapable of learning, of seeking the information required to rationally debate a topic. What the hell does pedophilia have do to with this topic? Nothing. It's just a strawman for those who can't help talking out of their ass.

Funny, they always attack priests - never teachers, or other professions... despite the statistics that those professions are far more likely to attract pedophiles than the Catholic Church. It's just hyperbole to keep using this pathetic argument.... it doesn't stand up to even basic investigation... and yet, the drooling hordes insist on pretending it does.

Moron.

Some people are just incapable of learning, of seeking the information required to rationally debate a topic. What the hell does pedophilia have do to with this topic? Nothing. It's just a strawman for those who can't help talking out of their ass.

Funny, they always attack priests - never teachers, or other professions... despite the statistics that those professions are far more likely to attract pedophiles than the Catholic Church. It's just hyperbole to keep using this pathetic argument.... it doesn't stand up to even basic investigation... and yet, the drooling hordes insist on pretending it does.

Because priest are supposed to set the example and are supposed to have high morals. Remember the liberal textbook is always in play.

Rule 4: Make opponents live up to their own book of rules. “You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”

Because priest are supposed to set the example and are supposed to have high morals. Remember the liberal textbook is always in play.

Rule 4: Make opponents live up to their own book of rules. “You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”

They are supposed to... and the huge majority of them do set an example. In any other profession, 0.03% would not be a problem.... it's only a 'problem' because morons don't bother to research facts before forming an opinion.

Over 400,000 priests in the world. 0.03% have ever been accused (note, accused not found guilty) of molesting children. In fact, that's lower than teachers, sports coaches, and a whole bunch of other professions that have access to children.

And, again - for the stupid - the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03%. Lower that professions such as teachers, sports coaches, etc.

Probably a lower percentage than Democratic office holders.

Really, that comment is pathetic and irrelevant.

The accusation is - yet again - that the Catholic Church has some major problem with pedophiles within its priesthood. That clearly is not true. The statistic of 0.03% comes from a legitimate, academic, non-Catholic source and is accepted by anyone with a brain as accurate.

Why?

Moron.

"the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03% "

That is zero excuse for their actions. What exact number does .03% represent? If you had a child victim your attitude might be wayyyyyyy different.

Catholics should praise contraception = prevents abortion. No sex = angry people and immune systems starved for a boost.

Why?

Moron.

"the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03% "

That is zero excuse for their actions. What exact number does .03% represent? If you had a child victim your attitude might be wayyyyyyy different.

Catholics should praise contraception = prevents abortion. No sex = angry people and immune systems starved for a boost.

400,000 priests. 0.03% have been accused of any kind of inappropriate contact with children. Do your own math and work it out. That is considerably less than professions such as teaching, sports coaches and a variety of others. No child should be abused - ever - by anyone.... but the fact remains that hyperbole about the Catholic Church while remaining silent about the other professions with far higher percentages of pedophiles - is more about being anti-Catholic than about caring about children.

Don't tell us what we should 'praise', mind your own fucking business. No one is forcing you to be a Catholic - and I personally thank God for that - because I don't like stupid people joining my faith.

And, again - for the stupid - the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03%. Lower that professions such as teachers, sports coaches, etc.

The accusation is - yet again - that the Catholic Church has some major problem with pedophiles within its priesthood. That clearly is not true. The statistic of 0.03% comes from a legitimate, academic, non-Catholic source and is accepted by anyone with a brain as accurate.

The Catholic Church has spent literally billions of dollars paying out settlements for pedophilia in the US and Europe. The Church hierarchy has a demonstrated history of averting their eyes to the problem and reshuffling priests to different parishes. The percentage here is irrelevant. The corruption is deep and systemic.
That isn't reason to support the administration's moves here. But one cannot dismiss such abuse.

The Catholic Church has spent literally billions of dollars paying out settlements for pedophilia in the US and Europe. The Church hierarchy has a demonstrated history of averting their eyes to the problem and reshuffling priests to different parishes. The percentage here is irrelevant. The corruption is deep and systemic.
That isn't reason to support the administration's moves here. But one cannot dismiss such abuse.

It prefers to settle rather than fight to clear the names of its priests. I disagree with their approach but the research into this shows that vast numbers of those claims were false.

I'll agree - in the past - the Church has tried to 'protect' its reputation... and I think they were wrong... that's not 'corruption', it's just the way the Church reacted - badly. However, they no longer do that. Like any organization, it is flawed.... but on this whole 'pedophile' bullshit... the numbers don't add up to support the idiocy about the Church.

Calif NitWit
...the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03%...

Who cares?

Its the number of children whose lives they destroyed that matters.

...the Church has tried to 'protect' its reputation... and I think they were wrong... that's not 'corruption', it's just the way the Church reacted - badly. However, they no longer do that. Like any organization, it is flawed.... but on this whole 'pedophile' bullshit... the numbers don't add up to support the idiocy about the Church...

"badly"? Shipping pedophile priests to different parishes where they could prey on new victims is called "reacting badly"??

Exactly how many ruined lives would make the "numbers add up" for you?

Sick. Just plain sick.

How DARE you make excuses for those vermin.

No one is forcing you to be a Catholic - and I personally thank God for that - because I don't like stupid people joining my faith.

No one is forcing you to make excuses and help hide pedophiles either.

I wonder if you're one of those who, IF you have a son, you would take back inside a Catholic "church". I wonder if you would leave him alone with a priest.

GAWD - WHAT the FUCK is WRONG with people?

Calif NitWit
...the number of priests accused of pedophilia is 0.03%...

Who cares?

Its the number of children whose lives they destroyed that matters.

...the Church has tried to 'protect' its reputation... and I think they were wrong... that's not 'corruption', it's just the way the Church reacted - badly. However, they no longer do that. Like any organization, it is flawed.... but on this whole 'pedophile' bullshit... the numbers don't add up to support the idiocy about the Church...

"badly"? Shipping pedophile priests to different parishes where they could prey on new victims is called "reacting badly"??

Exactly how many ruined lives would make the "numbers add up" for you?

Sick. Just plain sick.

How DARE you make excuses for those vermin.

Actually, accused priests were moved into roles where they had no contact with children, therefore your accusation about new victims is bullshit.

You're getting very hysterical about it. Calm down. The Church has and continues to deal with this issue directly with those affected. It does not concern you.

Interesting that you ignore the thousands of teachers - in this country alone - that are accused... and the way the US government has paid people off - but you're all butthurt about the Catholics. You demonstrate a lack of logic and show no ability to reason. In short, you're a fool.

Calm down about institutionalized child molestation?

Disgusting.

Smoke screen of teachers in hopes people will forget what priests do?

REALLY disgusting.

Calling the victim of a priest's "love for his flock" a fool.

Very telling.

Go to hell - along with all those priests.

Do I recall that the battleground state Ohio has lots of Catholics?

Think that's why Sebelius is putting off the requirement until after the election?

Won't make a hill of beans worth of difference when they do it. The Church will inform its members - all 69 million of us. This will cost Obama a serious number of Catholics.

Hope so....

"Q: An estimated 54% of Catholics voted for Barack Obama, despite the strong stand of over 50 heads of dioceses against candidates who support abortion. How did Obama successfully win the majority of the Catholic vote?

Burch: The notion of what constitutes the "Catholic vote" is widely debated. While Obama won the Catholic vote overall 54% - 45%, among Catholics who attend mass every week, McCain won 55% - 43%. Clearly the main reason Obama succeeded overall was the fact that Catholic voters echoed the concerns of the rest of the electorate in citing the economy as their top issue.

They concluded that Obama’s economic policies would benefit them more, and ignored the teaching authority of many bishops who explained that concerns about the economy do not justify a vote for a pro-abortion candidate."
ZENIT - What Happened to the Catholic Vote?
A blog instead of a legitimate news source?

From what I've been seeing Obama is already receiving lots of backlash over this..

Hopefully the people will now understand and vote him OUT.

Catholics have traditionally been for the 'poor' and thus solidly for Democrat vote. I don't know the reaction this will have, if any.

While forcing employers to take coverages for employees they find morally repugnant, how long before they decide to force the Catholic hospitals to provide the procedures? This has come up before and the Church has always held that they'd close the hospitals rather than provide the procedures, with the given exceptions of the life of the mother.

Slippery slope for the Church.

Forum List

Back