So Obama care passes?

Where are the Dr's going to come from to give care to 40 million new insured people?

Outsource them from India?....

"Hello, can you tell me where you are having the pain sir?"

"Yes, it's in my right leg."

"Have you rebooted your leg yet, sir?"

"Rebooted???"

"Yes sir. Please remove your shoe and put it back on. Do you still feel the pain?"

<click>

Funny you should ask that? When Mass. did about the same thing--requireing everyone to obtain their own medical insurance--there was a massive shortage of doctors. So patients with medical insurance waiting weeks to get in to see a doctore--& guess what some got so tired of waiting they hit the much more expensive hospital emergency room. Now Mass. is in huge trouble with their debt.

The point is--we all know that medical insurance reform is necessary--but they need to get it RIGHT. I don't believe that this bill will be self-sustaining or as Obama stated won't increase our deficit a "dime." That is B.S.

Where are the Dr's going to come from to give care to 40 million new insured people?

I have a problem here. I don't have a problem with some of the arguments against the current planto reform health care. What bothers me is that so many who are against this reform tell us that everyone gets treatment if they are sick anyway, because they can't be denied access. And we also here the argument that out of the 40 plus million uninsured, there are actually only a few million who are truly unable to get some kind of coverage. In no uncertain terms, you argue that most people already are covered in some way, even if it is just going to the emergency room.

So why all of a sudden is there a concern of having 40 million newly insured people if we're already treating them and giving them access to the healthcare they need? I mean which one is it? Will reform only mean providing healthcare for a few million more or will it mean providing healthcare for an additional 40 plus million? If you are going to tell us it is the ladder, then you've been dishonest from the get go.

Now, I will admit that providing healthcare to an additional 40 to 50 million could cause problems, especially with respect to the number of healthcare providers available. but if this is your argument, then certainly you must realize that there are an awful lot of people who are going without adequate healthcare, and therefore we need to address this problem in some way.

It is the people pushing for reform that cite these outrageous numbers .
We are expected to believe the end result of more demand on limited resources is somehow going to drive down costs.
We are also expected to believe illegals wont get insurance , but the heller amendment was shot down.
I think the 40 million or what ever the popular number is today is not always the same 40 million, people change jobs and may go without in the interim and are counted wrongly.
You have highlighted one of the problems in believing there is a problem that needs fixing or is this is nothing more that a plan to siphon more money out of the private sector.

Obama's health plan:
funny-pictures-cat-suggests-you-give-blood1.jpg

I know, I'm in a Lol catz mood again.

"Rebooted???"

"Yes sir. Please remove your shoe and put it back on. Do you still feel the pain?"

<click>

That's a damn good question ! Let's get some white doctors from the fallen Mpyre's.
" The best in the world !!! "

English doctors amputate wrong legs, testicles and cut out healthy kidneys - Pravda.Ru

Doctor Who Cut Off Wrong Leg Is Defended by Colleagues - The New York Times

Since I expect some chin music from the Flag Wavers concerning Pravda.........:eusa_hand:

Medical errors kill almost 100000 Americans a year

"Rebooted???"

<click>

That's a damn good question ! Let's get some white doctors from the fallen Mpyre's.
" The best in the world !!! "

English doctors amputate wrong legs, testicles and cut out healthy kidneys - Pravda.Ru

Doctor Who Cut Off Wrong Leg Is Defended by Colleagues - The New York Times

Since I expect some chin music from the Flag Wavers concerning Pravda.........:eusa_hand:

Medical errors kill almost 100000 Americans a year
White doctors make mistakes, too.

In fact, many times when you go in for surgery now the doctors will use permanent marker on you to make sure they operate on the proper side of the body.

But keep pretending only brown skinned docs make mistakes.

So Obama care passes?
Of course it will, as I have said all along.

They are going to pass this, even if it's proven that 100% of Americans are against it. Even if it means getting booted out come 2010. They don't care.

Partly because they have this belief that the ivory tower ruling class knows better than the serfs what is good for the serfs, but mostly because they are all-in, completely invested in this President doing well or being perceived as such. And the truth is, they need NO GOP support nor a single GOP vote to pass anything they wish. And they know that, despite their protestations to the contrary.

So yeah, it passes. Oh and then doesn't go into effect for over a year, and the most egregious parts of it don't go into effect for another two years after that.

But we need it NOW.... It's a CRISIS, an EMERGENCY.....

Funny you should ask that? When Mass. did about the same thing--requireing everyone to obtain their own medical insurance--there was a massive shortage of doctors. So patients with medical insurance waiting weeks to get in to see a doctore--& guess what some got so tired of waiting they hit the much more expensive hospital emergency room. Now Mass. is in huge trouble with their debt.

The point is--we all know that medical insurance reform is necessary--but they need to get it RIGHT. I don't believe that this bill will be self-sustaining or as Obama stated won't increase our deficit a "dime." That is B.S.

And I know this to be true from experience.

This year on my bi-annual echiocardiogram (defective valve has to be checked often, good thing my pre-existing birth condition is covered by insurance ;)) it took me 2 months to get the appointment. Usually it takes 1-2 weeks.

Hmmmm just think of all the jobs that can be created. Do you think Obama and the Dems can develop a fast-track educational class on How to be a Obamacare Doctor in one year. Heck maybe they can even have on-line training so we can reduce the overhead costs.

Oh my, we are so screwed.

Hmmmm just think of all the jobs that can be created. Do you think Obama and the Dems can develop a fast-track educational class on How to be a Obamacare Doctor in one year. Heck maybe they can even have on-line training so we can reduce the overhead costs.

I'm going to become a doctor now :). Tell me what hurts....ok take this percocet perscription and call the coroner when it kills you :lol:

I have a problem here. I don't have a problem with some of the arguments against the current planto reform health care. What bothers me is that so many who are against this reform tell us that everyone gets treatment if they are sick anyway, because they can't be denied access. And we also here the argument that out of the 40 plus million uninsured, there are actually only a few million who are truly unable to get some kind of coverage. In no uncertain terms, you argue that most people already are covered in some way, even if it is just going to the emergency room.

So why all of a sudden is there a concern of having 40 million newly insured people if we're already treating them and giving them access to the healthcare they need? I mean which one is it? Will reform only mean providing healthcare for a few million more or will it mean providing healthcare for an additional 40 plus million? If you are going to tell us it is the ladder, then you've been dishonest from the get go.

Now, I will admit that providing healthcare to an additional 40 to 50 million could cause problems, especially with respect to the number of healthcare providers available. but if this is your argument, then certainly you must realize that there are an awful lot of people who are going without adequate healthcare, and therefore we need to address this problem in some way.

We are already treating them, at least the ones that make it to the emergency room. But once you make it accessible for everyone they will all come streaming in to get treatment and that will force longer wait times IMHO.

This year on my bi-annual echiocardiogram (defective valve has to be checked often, good thing my pre-existing birth condition is covered by insurance ;)) it took me 2 months to get the appointment. Usually it takes 1-2 weeks.

I believe this, but I question why with such an increase in demand, that supply is not increasing. It seems to me that with such an increase in demand, there would be a massive move to fill that demand. At least we seem to believe that this is how capitalism works. Unfortunately, what it tells us is not so much that there aren't enough people who want to fill these positions, but that there are too many obstacles in the way to get these people in place. For instance, why is it that there is such a long wait for individuals to get into nursing programs to begin with? In many states, the wait is as long as four years just to be accepted.

It is the people pushing for reform that cite these outrageous numbers .
We are expected to believe the end result of more demand on limited resources is somehow going to drive down costs.
We are also expected to believe illegals wont get insurance , but the heller amendment was shot down.
I think the 40 million or what ever the popular number is today is not always the same 40 million, people change jobs and may go without in the interim and are counted wrongly.
You have highlighted one of the problems in believing there is a problem that needs fixing or is this is nothing more that a plan to siphon more money out of the private sector.

In a true capitalistic system there should be no shortage of supply because supply is based on demand. So we should be looking at the cause of the shortage in supply as increasing supply will help to reduce costs and improve service.

Actually, you are looking at the big problem. There are too many obstacles for people to get into the healthcare field and the cost is too high. Not that there will be some fast track program, I get the sarcasm, but with an aging population, we will need more healthcare providers, so it is in our best interest to find a way to increase the supply.

Under normal circumstances, supply would naturally increase with demand, but there are too many obstacles currently to bring enough people into the healthcare field.

I think some sort of health reform will pass and in ten years we will wonder what we did before it came about. The public option is the big hold up.

As some have said, it feels like it is being forced on many of us, sort of like integration was in the 60s? HHHMMMMMM.....:eusa_eh:

Will we be a better country because of the reform?

I think some sort of health reform will pass and in ten years we will wonder what we did before it came about. The public option is the big hold up.

As some have said, it feels like it is being forced on many of us, sort of like integration was in the 60s? HHHMMMMMM.....:eusa_eh:

Will we be a better country because of the reform?

There's the problem, right now we are too tightly stretched to take chances like this, financially it isn't sound and has a higher chance of completely wiping out our economy instead of benefiting many anyway. Honestly, a "public option" wouldn't be a bad thing, but it wouldn't fix anything. What we need is to reform the government first, get rid of the costs they charge people to be regulated (if they're going to tell people how to do business they shouldn't charge for it), get rid of the waste (there's a ton of it), and stop forming paid groups to do simple and stupid things.

I believe this, but I question why with such an increase in demand, that supply is not increasing. It seems to me that with such an increase in demand, there would be a massive move to fill that demand. At least we seem to believe that this is how capitalism works. Unfortunately, what it tells us is not so much that there aren't enough people who want to fill these positions, but that there are too many obstacles in the way to get these people in place. For instance, why is it that there is such a long wait for individuals to get into nursing programs to begin with? In many states, the wait is as long as four years just to be accepted.

The doctors in our state make very little money from those on the govt subsidized health insurance.

Like you said I think there are many obstacles too, from the cost of education to the availablity of educators. Also with very low profit margins for doctors seeing the patients on the subsidized care there is very little motivation for others to get involved.

Good post man!!!

Forum List

Back