So now Trump is armoring the rebels in Syria

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), an alliance of Arab and Kurdish forces in northern Syria, has received armored vehicles from the US, indicating increased support from Washington under the administration of President Donald Trump.

A small number of vehicles arrived four or five days ago, SDF spokesman Talal Silo told Reuters.

“Previously we didn't get support in this form, we would get light weapons and ammunition,” he added. “There are signs of full support from the new American leadership – more than before – for our forces.”

Trump administration sends armored vehicles to Syrian rebels

I hope Assad takes them out.

Full body armor or just those ballistic vests like I had to wear at the prison?

Meet the YPG, the Kurdish Militia That Doesn't Want Help from Anyone

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/meet-the-ypg

upload_2017-1-31_17-32-5.png

Not all Kurds in Syria support the PYD and the YPG though. Activists and opposition parties have accused the PYD of kidnapping rivals, assassinations, and general intimidation of opponents, using the YPG as an enforcement arm. The recent fighting in Aleppo seems to have intensified this conflict, though claims that it may lead to a Syrian Kurdish civil war similar to the one in Iraqi Kurdistan in the mid 1990s seem a bit presumptuous at the moment. When I questioned Kurds in Syria from both the PYD and rival parties about this infighting, they mostly brushed off concerns, saying that there were some small bumps and that they would work past it because “all Kurds are brothers.”

She loves them shit in their hands muzzies, don't she?

View attachment 109857
Not all Kurds in Syria support the PYD and the YPG though. Activists and opposition parties have accused the PYD of kidnapping rivals, assassinations, and general intimidation of opponents, using the YPG as an enforcement arm. The recent fighting in Aleppo seems to have intensified this conflict, though claims that it may lead to a Syrian Kurdish civil war similar to the one in Iraqi Kurdistan in the mid 1990s seem a bit presumptuous at the moment. When I questioned Kurds in Syria from both the PYD and rival parties about this infighting, they mostly brushed off concerns, saying that there were some small bumps and that they would work past it because “all Kurds are brothers.”
The Kurds went to Obama in 2011 and said hey, we need some guns to fight these startup clowns calling themselves ISIS.

Obama sent them away empty handed.

View attachment 109857
The Kurds went to Obama in 2011 and said hey, we need some guns to fight these startup clowns calling themselves ISIS.

Obama sent them away empty handed.

That he did and for the longest time he let Erdogan bomb the crap out of the Kurds instead of ISIS.

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), an alliance of Arab and Kurdish forces in northern Syria, has received armored vehicles from the US, indicating increased support from Washington under the administration of President Donald Trump.

A small number of vehicles arrived four or five days ago, SDF spokesman Talal Silo told Reuters.

“Previously we didn't get support in this form, we would get light weapons and ammunition,” he added. “There are signs of full support from the new American leadership – more than before – for our forces.”

That I hope and pray this was only a fulfillment of a commitment from Obama's administration only. I can't see him backing rebels considering his outreach to Putin.

Although, wait a minute I thought I read recently that Assad was going to be partnering with various rebel groups to fight alongside his troops and Russia. Mmmm. I have to check into this some more.

Because it was only a few days ago Putin and Assad were basically giving amnesty and pardons to certain groups providing they fought ISIS with them.

That I hope and pray this was only a fulfillment of a commitment from Obama's administration only. I can't see him backing rebels considering his outreach to Putin.

Although, wait a minute I thought I read recently that Assad was going to be partnering with various rebel groups to fight alongside his troops and Russia. Mmmm. I have to check into this some more.

Because it was only a few days ago Putin and Assad were basically giving amnesty and pardons to certain groups providing they fought ISIS with them.

So you think the article was false, it could be, and Trump ok'd SA, Qatar, Turkey, and UAE.

PS: already in the works but looks like Trump is following in the footsteps,
The Pentagon also said that plans to deliver the vehicles pre-dated the Trump administration, but were a sign of its renewed commitment to defeaating IS, which the new US President promised as part of his campaign.

Last edited:

Yo, you Commies would HOPE, but that died January 20th 2017!!!

"GTP"
USA-USA-USA
bugsflagdp.gif

I missed the part that it was in the works before Trump.

Yo, you Commies would HOPE, but that died January 20th 2017!!!

"GTP"
USA-USA-USA
View attachment 109864

Escape the last sinkhole, there are so many in Florida, but Trump did not send the vehicles , turns out Obama did, so we shall see, as we know Putin and Assad are buds.

Yo,
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

"GTP"
:dig:

So you think the article was false, it could be, and Trump ok'd SA, Qatar, Turkey, and UAE.

PS: already in the works but looks like Trump is following in the footsteps,
The Pentagon also said that plans to deliver the vehicles pre-dated the Trump administration, but were a sign of its renewed commitment to defeaating IS, which the new US President promised as part of his campaign.

I knew I saw that Putin had negotiated a ceasefire with many of the rebel forces somewhere. Many were going to be working with the Syrian army and some were going to temporarily retain their autonomy but focus on ISIS and not Assad.

Cripes it's been a blur lately with so much happening. Trump would not back any group that would fight Putin thru Assad. I believe we can be certain of that.

From what I've been reading and this is fascinating, Obama has supplied them but not by much.

Why? The Syrian Opposition to Assad despise them because they are secular and more. And Obama and the west support the Opposition.

So the SDF was joined by many other affiliates that were rejected by the Syrian Opposition who I just wish everyone would admit are the Muslim Brotherhood.

Check this out.

"who had in common that they had been rejected by the mainstream Syrian opposition for secular, anti-Islamist views and affiliations. "

Now they have worked with FSA at times but the bigger deal is that these groups have truly spent more time fighting ISIS and not Assad.

Syrian Democratic Forces - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back