So now the UN wants to send a peace keeping force to the Mid East

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Gee.... I wonder why the UN and Russia think sending troops to the Mid East is suddenly such a good idea all of the sudden.....

hmmmmm... now it couldn't be because that there's a possibility that Israel's about to kick the living shit out of Hamas and Hezzbolah?!?!?!?!?

We sure can't have that! Oh, we all know how the UN is just so unbiased when it comes to matters concerning Israel....

KarlMarx said:
Gee.... I wonder why the UN and Russia think sending troops to the Mid East is suddenly such a good idea all of the sudden.....

hmmmmm... now it couldn't be because that there's a possibility that Israel's about to kick the living shit out of Hamas and Hezzbolah?!?!?!?!?

We sure can't have that! Oh, we all know how the UN is just so unbiased when it comes to matters concerning Israel....

hmmmm and the UN passed one of thier powerful resolutions to disarm Hezbollah. That worked well !!:teeth:

Strangely enough, the UN has had troops in southern Lebanon for some time now...they were sent there to oversee the Israeli withdrawal decades ago. Of course, like most things the UN does, the gesture was a totally flacid and ineffective effort which accomplished exactly nothing.

What exactly can a UN peacekeeping force do anyway? Is it going to crack down on Hezbollah? If not they'll just get caught in the crossfire....

theHawk said:
What exactly can a UN peacekeeping force do anyway? Is it going to crack down on Hezbollah? If not they'll just get caught in the crossfire....
Not likely they will get caught in a crossfire; at the first exchange of mean words, the UN peacekeeping force will withdraw as far as necessary to ensure their safety...preferably in the direction of healthy supplies of women and liquor.

02/09/2004
Press Release
SC/8181

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Council

5028th Meeting (Night)

Security Council declares support for free, fair presidential election

in Lebanon; calls for withdrawal of foreign forces there

Resolution 1559 (2004) Adopted by Vote

Of 9 in Favour, to None Against, with 6 Abstentions

The Security Council this evening declared its support for a free and fair presidential election in Lebanon conducted according to Lebanese constitutional rules devised without foreign interference or influence and, in that connection, called upon all remaining foreign forces to withdraw from Lebanon.

By a vote of 9 in favour (Angola, Benin, Chile, France, Germany, Romania, Spain, United Kingdom, United States) to none against, with 6 abstentions (Algeria, Brazil, China, Pakistan, Philippines, Russian Federation), the Council adopted resolution 1559 (2004), reaffirming its call for the strict respect of Lebanon’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, unity, and political independence under the sole and exclusive authority of the Government of Lebanon throughout the country.

In a related provision, the Council called for the disbanding and disarmament of all Lebanese and non-Lebanese militias. It also called upon all parties concerned to cooperate fully and urgently with the Council for the full implementation of all its resolutions concerning the restoration in Lebanon of territorial integrity, full sovereignty and political independence.

Guess the UN can't do it?:teeth:

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2004/sc8181.doc.htm

CSM said:
Strangely enough, the UN has had troops in southern Lebanon for some time now...they were sent there to oversee the Israeli withdrawal decades ago. Of course, like most things the UN does, the gesture was a totally flacid and ineffective effort which accomplished exactly nothing.
That is what I was going to post! They need peace 'enforcers' of the resolution posted about above, not 'peace keepers' there hasn't been peace there, ever.

If the UN wants the war to stop, they need to get a coalition of the willing together and go in with guns blazing. Let's see a show of hands.-----I thought not.

CSM said:

You mean like when the U.N. created the precious Israel in 1947? Ooops I thought U.N. was evil?

OCA said:
You mean like when the U.N. created the precious Israel in 1947? Ooops I thought U.N. was evil?

How about we just blow the shit out of every other country the UN "created" too. Fair enough?

dilloduck said:
How about we just blow the shit out of every other country the UN "created" too. Fair enough?

I'm down with it but i'm having trouble remembering the other countries, can ya help me?

Oh the irony is sooooooo delicious.

theHawk said:

nah they did a fine job in serbia, darfur and rawanda........

I heard on the radio today:

"I bet Israel would have a better chance with Cartoon protectors, than the UN trying to solve anything - maybe Israel could call the Justice League - or the SuperFriends!"

dmp said:
I heard on the radio today:

"I bet Israel would have a better chance with Cartoon protectors, than the UN trying to solve anything - maybe Israel could call the Justice League - or the SuperFriends!"

No doubt about it--If I were Israel I would'nt let a blue helmet set foot on my soil. !!

OCA said:

i thought the way the UN dealt with greece and turkey was very fair:poke:

manu1959 said:
i thought the way the UN dealt with greece and turkey was very fair:poke:

I think you are referring to Cyprus.

Oh yeah its great, Kissinger the asswipe gets the Turks all riled up over some bullshit story about Turks being abused by Greeks on the island when in reality they had been living peacefully side by side for thousands of years.....all because Nixon and Kissinger in their paranoia were afraid that communists might get elected to power and the Ruskies would put nukes on the island....so they concocted an armed conflict and POOF went the election.

To this day the island is partitioned in two halves, a Greek half and a Turkish half, if your Greek and your ancestral home is on the Turkish side you can't go there and vice-versa.

OCA said:

Never said the UN was "evil". It is however, in its current form totally ineffective.

Since I wasn't around in 1947, it's a little late for me to express my opinion on whether the state of Israel should be formed by the UN or not; the fact is that it was.

Forum List

Back