So now that we know Democrats are hypocrites, what about you Republicans?

The UN action is not designed to take out Gadfi.

That is the revolutions job.

The UN action is designed to keep the people alive so they can take out Gadfi themselves.

It is by consideration of the fact that he did not go through congress for consent to commit our armed forces to combat that makes his action illegal.
WRONG. Read the War Powers Act. It has a 90 day clause, and NO criminal element.

actually, it's 60 days plus a 30 day withdrawal period.

it also requires that the US be under attack or in imminent danger of attack.
i live on the atlantic ocean and i haven't seen the libyan navy come over the horizon yet.

how will he ever straighten out this curve to get reelected ? are we back to "i would rather see him as a mediocre one term president, than see him run for a second. wouldn't a huge mondale landslide be funny, decidedly american. i'm looking for what he wrote "the u.n. supersedes any constitution" at hahvod... if any body has it.

Surely they at least waved their private parts in your general direction, maybe made rude noises that were in at least somewhat threatening? :eusa_eh:

It is by consideration of the fact that he did not go through congress for consent to commit our armed forces to combat that makes his action illegal.
WRONG. Read the War Powers Act. It has a 90 day clause, and NO criminal element.

i live on the atlantic ocean and i haven't seen the libyan navy come over the horizon yet.

Surely they at least waved their private parts in your general direction, maybe made rude noises that were in at least somewhat threatening? :eusa_eh:

you must be easily threatened.:lol:

There's no criminal provision of it, and under the Constitution the CinC has war powers granted under article 2, section 2 without need for immediate Congressional approval. WPA says it's required within 48 hours.

You did correct me and enlighten on some good points, but the "impeachment" argument is still not valid.

There's no criminal provision of it, and under the Constitution the CinC has war powers granted under article 2, section 2 without need for immediate Congressional approval. WPA says it's required within 48 hours.

You did correct me and enlighten on some good points, but the "impeachment" argument is still not valid.

i completely agree re: impeachment, but this as bad a decision as bush's to invade iraq, and possibly even worse, given how thinly stretched our military has become as a result of bush's idiocy. more and more, obama=bush.

i'm not surprised, but i am disappointed.

I'm not a republican and am as against this travesty as I was Iraq.

Even a little more so, as our Boyking president looks like he's the UN's little bitch.
I'm for it if we are gonna KILL the fucker and his sons. They have committed acts of war against us, 190 of our citizens dead.
Then declare that as the motivation, rather than hiding under your desk for weeks on end, only to come out looking like the UN's little bitch.

i completely agree re: impeachment, but this as bad a decision as bush's to invade iraq, and possibly even worse, given how thinly stretched our military has become as a result of bush's idiocy. more and more, obama=bush.

i'm not surprised, but i am disappointed.
My deal is, were it not for the removal of Saddam, the corruption of the Oil for Food program would never have been discovered. This to me, was worth the blood and treasure required to basically follow a law to remove him we had on the books anyway.

On this, if Gaddafi is left in power it's the worst outcome possible. It shouldn't even be on the table.

I'm not a republican and am as against this travesty as I was Iraq.

Even a little more so, as our Boyking president looks like he's the UN's little bitch.
I'm for it if we are gonna KILL the fucker and his sons. They have committed acts of war against us, 190 of our citizens dead.
Then declare that as the motivation, rather than hiding under your desk for weeks on end, only to come out looking like the UN's little bitch.
I agree completely.

And if Gaddafi comes out of this still in power? Terrible, terrible consequences will result down the road.

It behooves us to know the facts AND ALL THE FACTS before implying that one situation is the same as the other.

Behooves us, assuming one doesn't want to appear to be a complete buffoon to those who ARE paying attention, at least.

It behooves us to know the facts AND ALL THE FACTS before implying that one situation is the same as the other.

Behooves us, assuming one doesn't want to appear to be a complete buffoon to those who ARE paying attention, at least.
On top of that, we will never know alot of what Obama knows. Ever. Same with Bush and all other Presidents before.

you know who would really like his policy... woodrow wilson. 'cept for the invasion part

Forum List

Back