So now that we have the results

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Why did everything go the way it did? I'd like to see some opinions on the matter.

TheRepublicanNewNetwork did a BANG up job of spreading lies, fear and propaganda.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

TheRepublicanNewNetwork did a BANG up job of spreading lies, fear and propaganda.

Which lie exactly has been spread? What propaganda? What fear? Do you have any evidence or are you just all rhetoric to excuse why you didn't do that well?

Which lie exactly has been spread? What propaganda? What fear? Do you have any evidence or are you just all rhetoric to excuse why you didn't do that well?

Here's how to understand MarcATL - when he says lie it means he's afraid of the truth.

It's kind of like George Costanza doing the opposite.

Sorry bout that,

1. The main reason is that a huge amount of the populace has a suspicion that Obama isn't what he pretends to be.:confused:
2. And seeing he is driving America into the *ditch* in every area of economics, that itself is all we need to instead, *DITCH THE PRESIDENT*.:eek:
3. He has *ZERO* chance of a second term, Donald Duck could beat him.:lol::lol::lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So far the right wing partisans posting are talking like it was a complete landslide everywhere for the DNC. And yet, the DNC held the Senate and some of the higher profile races.

I think the moderates and indepedents were looking for results, and as such didn't feel like the DNC had done a good job. I think the GOP base was fired up, and the DNC base wasn't. I think that the House going GOP was a foregone conclusion.

I think the Senate though, and some of the higher profile races hold a lesson though for the GOP going forward. The Senate didn't flip GOP, and in fact it's looking to be 53 to 46, with Murkowski, NOT Miller filling the Alaska seat. This was no more of a mandate than the DNC got in 2006. They can and will be dumped by Moderates and Independents if those groups feel ignored. The Senate Races got more attention than the House races, and in those races if a candidate proved themselves to be an idiot, Right or Left, the voters went for the more appealing choice, D or R. As such, the GOP blew a lot of easily winnable races in the Senate because they ran idiots.

I'd also remind folks that are getting to cocky: Clinton lost the House in 1994 and skated to re-election in 1996. FDR lost the House and skated on to easy Re-election twice. If the GOP thinks that they can win without the Center, they'll probably get a huge shock in 2012.

Why did everything go the way it did? I'd like to see some opinions on the matter.

Well at least as far as economics and the wars Obama turned out to be a Thrid term for Bush Cheney. And since people did not like the way Bush turned out they voted for republicans for change. Yes I know not totally sane of them but that is the short of it as I see it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back