So now that Obama has shown he can assisnate someone is it to much to ask that he do

Robert

Really nice Guy
Mar 21, 2011
something about the Deficit. Or does someone else need to do that.

Unfortunately, no. Boner already said tax hikes would be a "nonstarter." If you think we're going to cut our way out of this you're wrong... On the other hand, returning to Clinton tax rates [ALL OF THEM, not just top earners] would solve 75% of the problem.

Repubs don't want a balanced budget... They want a massive debt they can attack in '12. I hope it's not too tough a concept for you to wrap your head around.

God, this is like two different topics. Now that we killed Bin Laden all the true hippie peacenicks who think he did nothing wrong are coming out. I guess you could call it assisinate though. Seemed one step more targeted than when the Russians were approaching the bunker in Berlin.

What to do come 2012 about the debt? Well we knkw what happened with the debt the last five times Republicans got elected President so we better not let them in again if that is our primary issue. Perhaps this will be the year for the libertarians.

God, this is like two different topics. Now that we killed Bin Laden all the true hippie peacenicks who think he did nothing wrong are coming out. I guess you could call it assisinate though. Seemed one step more targeted than when the Russians were approaching the bunker in Berlin.

What to do come 2012 about the debt? Well we knkw what happened with the debt the last five times Republicans got elected President so we better not let them in again if that is our primary issue. Perhaps this will be the year for the libertarians.

You could call it an assassination, it wasn't... but you can lie about it if you want.

Unfortunately, no. Boner already said tax hikes would be a "nonstarter." If you think we're going to cut our way out of this you're wrong... On the other hand, returning to Clinton tax rates [ALL OF THEM, not just top earners] would solve 75% of the problem.

Repubs don't want a balanced budget... They want a massive debt they can attack in '12. I hope it's not too tough a concept for you to wrap your head around.

75%? How do you figure that? The Bush tax cuts came to about 3 trillion over ten years, 700 billion of which went to the rich. But we're ex0ected to have at least a 23 trillion debt by then, 14 trillion now plus another 9 trillion according to the CBO. So eliminating the Bush tax cuts ain't going to solve the problem, you still got 10 trillion dollars worth of debt to go, and even that is based on optimisitc projections of interest rates and employment. I hope it's not too tough a concept for you to get your head around.

then we return the tax rate on the 1% to what it was under most of Reagans years 50%

Signing an order and doing the deed are two completely different things.

As for the deficit, Obama will do what he always does; let other people do the work while making snide comments from the podium.

75% ? so you have it figured to the nickel? as if it were that easy?

Whats her faces ( waters?) 'tax' plan to ratchet up rates etc. was calculated to yield 78 to 100B....*shrugs*, lets double it, hell lets triple that....so?

you know that the calc that makes the difference is the calc = revenue % of gdp in higher revenue, NOT %, swell the pie not the rates, we'll never get more than 18.5 or 19% of gdp on average no matter what we do.

You could call it an assassination, it wasn't... but you can lie about it if you want.

Killed, Murdered, Assassinated its all the same didn't say I disagreed with it was just pointing out what was done even though we listen to the consent drum beat by the left about how evil it was for Bush to even think about it. He wasn't brought to Justice he was given Justice not exactly the same thing remember all the screaming about making sure he was brought into American courts to stand trial.

So now that Obama has shown he can assisnate someone is it to much to ask that he do

something about the Deficit. Or does someone else need to do that

Non sequiters like the above make it rather difficult to respond coherently.

What does one thing have to do with the other?

Connect the dots for me.

Hat's off to O for giving the order to rid the world of this vile, putrid scum.

Yup agreed now that he's shown he is capable of doing something maybe he could focus on the deficit you know get two in a row done ....wouldn't that be something.

That has been debunked many times over. You can tax the "rich" at the highest rate and still not put a dent in the deficit.
There Aren

Forum List

Back