So Now Judges Are Going to Decide Who Educates Kids

This just supports the goal of equal education for all. Now parents can look toward equally bad education for all. Just what we need, a society full of robots. Our kids already lag far behind students in China, India, and most of Europe. Now judges want to take away the option of a better education, so we can make certain all our kids receive inferior educations.

This just supports the goal of equal education for all. Now parents can look toward equally bad education for all. Just what we need, a society full of robots. Our kids already lag far behind students in China, India, and most of Europe. Now judges want to take away the option of a better education, so we can make certain all our kids receive inferior educations.

Let me add:
In fourth gradeAmerican students outperform most other countries in reading, math and science. Fourth-graders score in the 92nd percentile in science, the 58th percentile in math and the 70th percentile in reading, where they beat 26 of 35 countries, including Germany, France and Italy. But by the eighth grade, American students are only midrange in international comparisons. By the 12th grade Americans fall from the 92nd percentile in science to the 29th percentile. While American fourth-graders are bested only by South Korea and Japan in science, by 12th grade, the only countries the American students can beat are Lithuania, Cyprus and South Africa.

And this does not even take into account the liberal nonsense that passes for teaching!

This kind of thing drives me (a licensed educator in two states) completely batshit.

I support public education, but not the way we're currently doing it in most places.

And I defintiely DO NOT THINK that any state has the right to force children to go to public schools IF the parents are doing a good job educating their own kids.

And that, my friends, is how REAL LIBERALS ROLL.

This kind of thing drives me (a licensed educator in two states) completely batshit.

I support public education, but not the way we're currently doing it in most places.

And I defintiely DO NOT THINK that any state has the right to force children to go to public schools IF the parents are doing a good job educating their own kids.

Are you angry that Leftist Liberal Wackos have hijacked the Democratic Party?

this needs to be appealed and will be won on that appeal...

In california, a judge did the same thing...

it was appealed....

the appellate court agreed with the judge at first...

BUT THEN WAS REPEALED by the same court, ruling that the state of california determined that their state law permitted the schooling of their children, to be the parent's decision and that home schooling was a form of Private schools or schooling and as long as parents could choose their children's schools whether private or public, then home schooling was an acceptable and legal option.

Last edited:

I would never try to homeschool my kids. And I do think that the social side of a school education does have value. But, parents should have the right to make that decisions themselves.

In this case, you have two parents, each wanting something different. And while I support the rights of both parents, in this case, the father is putting his own interests above those of his kids. It seems like it's a matter of money as he most likely would need to provide more alimony to his wife so she can stay home to school the kids rather than working. To top things off, he is the one who couldn't keep his prick in his pants.

I am angry that the master class has people like YOU so bamboozled that you imagine the RNC leaders are even remotely conservative and that you imagine that the DNC leadership is even remotely liberal.

Of COURSE I am angry about what's happening to MY country.

Anyone who isn't, isn't paying attention.

this needs to be appealed and will be won on that appeal...

In california, a judge did the same thing...

it was appealed....

the appellate court agreed with the judge at first...

BUT THEN WAS REPEALED by the same court, ruling that the state of california determined that their state law permitted the schooling of their children, to be the parent's decision and that home schooling was a form of Private schools or schooling and as long as parents could choose their children's schools whether private or public, then home schooling was an acceptable and legal option.

The mother may not have the money to appeal this. Doing so isn't free. Unless she gets a group helps in the costs of the appeal, she may have no recourse.

I am angry that the master class has people like YOU so bamboozled that you imagine the RNC leaders are even remotely conservative and that you imagine that the DNC leadership is even remotely liberal.

Of COURSE I am angry about what's happening to MY country.

Wow, just wow.

I ask you about the Democratic Party and you bring up the RNC and somehow link me to them. :cuckoo:

And the fact that you don't think the DNC leadership is liberal, means you're smoking something. :cuckoo:

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

That's a very good question.. I would love to see the answer..

That's a very good question.. I would love to see the answer..

forget that I wondered. I have my answer.. I just didn't read far enough down the page.. :cuckoo: me:lol:

Of COURSE I am angry about what's happening to MY country.X,

Wow, just wow.

I ask you about the Democratic Party and you bring up the RNC and somehow link me to them. :cuckoo:

And the fact that you don't think the DNC leadership is liberal, means you're smoking something. :cuckoo:

You really just can't handle the fact that I am not a partisan, can you?

You really would like it if the whole universe lined up behind the myth that there is a significant difference in policies of the Rs v Ds.

Sorry, X, it just doesn't work that way.

Both parties have nothing to do with their stated philosophies.

There is one party ruling the roost...the insiders party.

Everything else is ruse.

Almost as angry that right wing religious nutbats have hijacked the repulican party.

This judge needs to keep his nose out of the kids education if the mom is doing well enough to have them ahead of their peer groups.

Any data on overall statistics of the quality of home schooling in the US?

I work for a school board, not as a teacher. The teachers that I have met are dedicated, knowledgeable and love their jobs. One of the problems here in Florida is teaching to the FCAT test. It's bullcrap.

Nothing to do with the fact that Neil Bush owns the company that sells the test and that it was implemented during Jeb's reign as governor. The test has been perverted to be an end in itself. Now the teachers are forced to teach to the test to get their school an A or B grade to make sure they don't get funds taken away.

My wife proctors during the test. Now we have 3rd graders and up who are so stressed out they are puking and getting sick when the FCAT is run.:eek:
Standardized testing is needed, but maybe it should be created by the teachers and oriented toward actual success in the real world and a measure of how well the kids have mastered the school board curriculum.

lets see 30-40-50 years ago the us education system kicked ass.....now it sucks.......

uh..................am i the olnly one that sees how to fix this....in like an hour

Of COURSE I am angry about what's happening to MY country.X,

Wow, just wow.

You really just can't handle the fact that I am not a partisan, can you?

You really would like it if the whole universe lined up behind the myth that there is a significant difference in policies of the Rs v Ds.

Sorry, X, it just doesn't work that way.

Both parties have nothing to do with their stated philosophies.

There is one party ruling the roost...the insiders party.

Everything else is ruse.

I never said you were a partisan, but you clearly believe that I am one. Are you hearing voices? Do you see black helicopters at night? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are cracking me up editec. Next time, if you don't want to answer a question, just don't answer it. Otherwise, you might start calling people partisans, believe that you are being called a partisan, get your panties in a wad, and crap you pants. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back