so now its the consumers fault?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
``Since mid-September, rapid, seismic changes in consumer behavior have created the most difficult climate we've ever seen,'' Brad Anderson, chief executive officer of Best Buy, said in a Nov. 12 statement.

Bloomberg.com: Economy

how can the consumer be blamed...last year the consumer was told to stop using credit cards and save money etc. we are bombarded with bad news day after day..how the economy if failing..people are job scared and terrified to spend money...never knowing if the last paycheck is really their last. so now we are told to spend money to help the economy...yet we have no more money to spend. for many the economy has not slowed down it has totally stopped.

i have changed my spending habits a great deal...no more eating out...very careful what i spend and where....so how are you reacting to the daily dire news about the future?

how can the consumer be blamed...last year the consumer was told to stop using credit cards and save money etc. we are bombarded with bad news day after day..how the economy if failing..people are job scared and terrified to spend money...never knowing if the last paycheck is really their last. so now we are told to spend money to help the economy...yet we have no more money to spend. for many the economy has not slowed down it has totally stopped.
i have changed my spending habits a great deal...no more eating out...very careful what i spend and where....so how are you reacting to the daily dire news about the future?
I live in an area where the cost of living is low so it hasn't affected me too badly, yet.
I was limiting the use of my Dodge Ram 1500 but now that gas prices have fallen it's returned to daily driver duty. Gas is about 2 dollars flat around these parts.
The government on all levels need to promote a business friendly environment starting with tax cuts and de-regulation but that's unlikely to happen with an Obama administration.

All we can do right now is to spend less money, the exact opposite of what the government wants.

I live in an area where the cost of living is low so it hasn't affected me too badly, yet.
I was limiting the use of my Dodge Ram 1500 but now that gas prices have fallen it's returned to daily driver duty. Gas is about 2 dollars flat around these parts.
The government on all levels need to promote a business friendly environment starting with tax cuts and de-regulation but that's unlikely to happen with an Obama administration.

All we can do right now is to spend less money, the exact opposite of what the government wants.

It'll be a cold day in hell when I take the governments advice on how to handle my money. :lol:

Forum List

Back