So my 3 year old son was diagnosed in the autism spectrum today

Yeah, let's not all go diagnosing Paulie jr. gang.

Let's just give Paulie sr. support.

You are assuming that Paulie's dad is not named Paulie, which would make our Paulie, Paulie Jr., his dad, Paulie Sr., and the youngster Paulie III.

And we won't even get into the mess that's created if Paulie's grandfather is a Paulie!

The Dr. said they don't diagnose aspbergers this early with children. It's not until closer to 10. Aspbergers apparently isn't accompanied by speech delays like my son has, either. They typically handle language well right from the beginning.
Ah!
My son had problems with speech, sign language worked really well for him.

We did signs a little bit back in the day. He still pats his chest sometimes for "please" out of habit, even though now he knows how to say "can i have X, please?".

Yeah, my son says the words now, and still does the sign. Being around "normal" kids in daycare probably helped the most. I am like you, I don't really want it all to control our lives, especially his.

You are assuming that Paulie's dad is not named Paulie, which would make our Paulie, Paulie Jr., his dad, Paulie Sr., and the youngster Paulie III.

And we won't even get into the mess that's created if Paulie's grandfather is a Paulie!

That's only if the middle names are all the same. For instance, I am the fourth Aaron, my son is the fifth Aaron, but we all have different middle names so there are no juniors, etc etc.

That's only if the middle names are all the same. For instance, I am the fourth Aaron, my son is the fifth Aaron, but we all have different middle names so there are no juniors, etc etc.

Well that's pretty stupid!

No offense intended.

If you son doesn't have a boy, but has a girl, do you think he will name her Erin?

Forum List

Back