So much for trying to do good

How can we celebrate the birth of Christ without the holiest of symbols the artificial pine tree? We all know that the artificial pine trees of Bethlehem played a pivotal role in hiding the messiah from the pharisees.

You know, I'm a Christian, a Christian who has been blessed with being able to experience worship in the house of many different religions and blessed with a fair contingent of atheist friends and people who I need to work with on personal issues.

I must be missing something because I do not relate Santa, Rudolf, Frosty, Candy Canes, Christmas Lights, Christmas Trees to anything which involves my religious celebration for Christ's birth.

The lights, the colors, the idea of gift giving, the fantasy stories of Santa and Reindeer and Snowmen are fun, enjoyable, happy things which are frankly secular.

I have several atheist friends who enjoy the same things and enjoy this time of the year simply because it is FUN and could careless what it means to me on a religious level. Just as I could careless that it means nothing to them on a religious level. We have parties, we sing songs, we exchange gifts, jokes and laughs.

On Sunday morning they might go to the coffee shop and I might go to church, none of us really gives a shit what the other does in that regard. When I feel that God and my Angels have blessed me, I express it and they are happy for me, when good things happen to them, I am happy for them!

I guess I'm lost because I just got use to being around mature adults who didn't act like these fanatics on all sides who want to make such a nice time of the year a damn war zone!

Mike

So the tags have to be hung from a Christmas tree?

I hope the Christians don't punish the kids by NOT figuring out a way to still put the tags up.

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw that, but I thought the link was rather funny. I guess court spokeswoman Gwen Vieau was visited by 3 ghosts.

My Religion is my business, and not the business of anyone on this forum. And if manifold sees this I will probably receive another neg Rep. But it's still true.

The Constitution of the United States gives us Freedom of religion; not freedom from religion. Big deal if you see some religious symbol that doesn't belong to your religion.

So Merry Christmas to the Christians and Happy Chanukah to the Jewish , and blessed Yule to the Wiccans, and happy Ramadan and Kwanzaa and every thing else to everyone else.

See it's not so difficult...

Forum List

Back