So Much For The Idiotic "Gun Free Zone" Meme

Good guys with guns cannot prevent shootings. March 1981. four men are shot and wounded on the streets of Washington D.C. in broad daylight. Two of the wounded were armed themselves. One of the wounded received a grievous, life altering head wound. The fourth was the President of the United States of America.

All were surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in history. All were good guys with guns.

maxresdefault.jpg

OMG, and these good guys were also trained Secret Service whose job is to do nothing else EXCEPT look out for shooters. Next idiot.....

What do Newtown, Columbine, Virgina Tech, Pulse/Orlando, movie theater in Colorado all have in common?

They were all familiar ground to the shooters.

Almost all mass shootings take place in the shooter's workplace or school. THAT is the most common factor.

I'm not so sure how familiar the Newtown shooter was, but you ignored the part in my post where I say that I don't think we should be forced to be sitting ducks to mass murderers.

Do you think we should be legally arming mass killers with high capacity magazines?

Well you're not a mass murderer until you commit mass murder and are convicted as such. We cannot punish people for a crime that they have yet to carry out.

I have no issues with what guns/mags/etc. are currently legally available, I do think we should have background checks though-I have no problem taking a background check to purchase firearms.

Good guys with guns cannot prevent shootings. March 1981. four men are shot and wounded on the streets of Washington D.C. in broad daylight. Two of the wounded were armed themselves. One of the wounded received a grievous, life altering head wound. The fourth was the President of the United States of America.

All were surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in history. All were good guys with guns.

maxresdefault.jpg

OMG, and these good guys were also trained Secret Service whose job is to do nothing else EXCEPT look out for shooters. Next idiot.....

What do Newtown, Columbine, Virgina Tech, Pulse/Orlando, movie theater in Colorado all have in common?

Almost all mass shootings take place in the shooter's workplace or school. THAT is the most common factor.

I'm not so sure how familiar the Newtown shooter was, but you ignored the part in my post where I say that I don't think we should be forced to be sitting ducks to mass murderers.

Do you think we should be legally arming mass killers with high capacity magazines?

Well you're not a mass murderer until you commit mass murder and are convicted as such. We cannot punish people for a crime that they have yet to carry out.

I have no issues with what guns/mags/etc. are currently legally available, I do think we should have background checks though-I have no problem taking a background check to purchase firearms.

So we are legally selling guns that can kill 49 and injure over 50 in minutes at a location with armed security and you don't have a problem with that weapon? You think legally arming killers with weapons for mass killing is a good idea?

So we are legally selling guns that can kill 49 and injure over 50 in minutes at a location with armed security and you don't have a problem with that weapon? You think legally arming killers with weapons for mass killing is a good idea?

The Virginia Tech shooting was done with two handguns. No assault weapon. 32 dead.

The Hartford Distributors mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Binghamton, New York mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Northern Illinois University mass killer used three handguns and a shotgun. No assault weapon.

The Minneapolis mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Sikh temple mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oikos University mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Seal Beach mass killer used three handguns. No assault weapon.

The Tucson, Arizona mass killer who shot Gabby Giffords used a handgun. No assault weapon.

Can we move past the idiotic let's get rid of gun free zones and let's ban assault weapons so we can save lives memes, now?

The Virginia Tech shooting was done with two handguns. No assault weapon. 32 dead.

The Northern Illinois University mass killer used three handguns and a shotgun. No assault weapon.

The Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Sikh temple mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Tucson, Arizona mass killer who shot Gabby Giffords used a handgun. No assault weapon.

High capacity magazines.

High capacity magazines.
This is what a Hail Mary pass looks like, kids. :lol:

There is always another idiotic meme right behind the other idiotic memes.

You still haven't explained how disarming 80 million non criminals is going to prevent the 30 or so mass killers from doing their evil deeds.

How exactly does that work?

High capacity magazines.
This is what a Hail Mary pass looks like, kids. :lol:

There is always another idiotic meme right behind the other idiotic memes.

So physics is idiotic? Reloading slows the rate of fire. Slowing the rate of fire saves lives.

High capacity magazines.
The Virginia Tech shooter used 10 round magazines.

32 dead.

Got another idiotic meme?

You fucked up. You ASSUMED all those killers used high capacity magazines. It's obvious you GUESSED. A desperate attempt to save your retarded meme, and now you look stupid, and your integrity is in tatters.

maxresdefault.jpg

-First of all I know somebody who died in Orlando (he was a friend of my wife), so I assure you I'm well aware of what the consequences are/were, so let's try to keep emotions out of the debate, because I promise that my pathos is much more personal than most.

-You are NOT a murderer until you kill somebody. This is America and we have the due process of the law and courts, everybody is innocent of any crime before they are convicted of a crime. The mass murderer of Orlando was not a mass murderer the day before the shooting.

-I'm 100% for background checks and ending gun show loopholes, and I assure you I'm more than likely more versed on gun laws in Florida than you are.

-What I don't understand is this: I'm a law abiding citizen, I give back to my community, I dedicate my life/career to improving my community, I have zero arrest records, I have passed a FBI background check (they have my finger prints on file)...yet some people tell me that I shouldn't be able to own a weapon like that for my own self-defense? That I should be a sitting duck in my house?

Here's the question I've posed countless times on here (you can search my post history), but have NEVER had an answer from the "gun control crowd" (for lack of a better term):

I'm a high school teacher, in a rough school. I have students who sell drugs, are in street gangs, and sometimes they bring guns to school-this is not an exagerration. All of my classes have ~25 students (give or take 1). If a student of mine stands up and start shooting people, how can I effectively protect the lives of my 24 other students?

Keep in mind I'm fully aware I'm likely the first target of the shooter, but I take my obligation to my students very seriously, and above all else their safety is my #1 priority. I don't mind risking my lives for my students...I just want a fighting chance doing so.

High capacity magazines.
The Virginia Tech shooter used 10 round magazines.

32 dead.

Got another idiotic meme?

How many were at the school that day? Obviously many escaped. Slowing his rate of fire allows more to escape. He might have beat Orlando with hi cap mags.

maxresdefault.jpg

-First of all I know somebody who died in Orlando (he was a friend of my wife), so I assure you I'm well aware of what the consequences are/were, so let's try to keep emotions out of the debate, because I promise that my pathos is much more personal than most.

-You are NOT a murderer until you kill somebody. This is America and we have the due process of the law and courts, everybody is innocent of any crime before they are convicted of a crime. The mass murderer of Orlando was not a mass murderer the day before the shooting.

-I'm 100% for background checks and ending gun show loopholes, and I assure you I'm more than likely more versed on gun laws in Florida than you are.

-What I don't understand is this: I'm a law abiding citizen, I give back to my community, I dedicate my life/career to improving my community, I have zero arrest records, I have passed a FBI background check (they have my finger prints on file)...yet some people tell me that I shouldn't be able to own a weapon like that for my own self-defense? That I should be a sitting duck in my house?

Here's the question I've posed countless times on here (you can search my post history), but have NEVER had an answer from the "gun control crowd" (for lack of a better term):

I'm a high school teacher, in a rough school. I have students who sell drugs, are in street gangs, and sometimes they bring guns to school-this is not an exagerration. All of my classes have ~25 students (give or take 1). If a student of mine stands up and start shooting people, how can I effectively protect the lives of my 24 other students?
I have answered you question before. If the shooter knows teachers can be armed you will be the first one shot and never see it coming.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have answered you question before. If the shooter knows teachers can be armed you will be the first one shot and never see it coming.

And if the shooter misses, or grazes me? You responded to the question, but you did not answer it. There's a big difference.

And if the shooter misses, or grazes me? You responded to the question, but you did not answer it. There's a big difference.

He won't. Like I said you will be dead before you know what happened.

Most mass shootings take place in the killer's workplace or school.

THAT is the most common factor. Not assault weapons. Not "gun free zones". Not high capacity magazines.

Workplace. School. THAT is what we should be focusing on.

We tell people to report our co-workers or friends if they talk a lot about suicide. We need the same awareness raising for workplace and school shootings.

Terrorist attacks are an entirely different category, and should not be conflated with the vast, vast, vast majority of shootings which take place in the workplace and at school.

THAT is the most common factor. Not assault weapons. Not "gun free zones". Not high capacity magazines.

We tell people to report our co-workers or friends if they talk a lot about suicide. We need the same awareness raising for workplace and school shootings.

Terrorist attacks are an entirely different category, and should not be conflated with the vast, vast, vast majority of shootings which take place in the workplace and at school.

The Orlando shooter sure would have killed a lot less had he used a derringer.

Remember "going postal"? Postal workers going berzerk at work and going on a shooting rampage.

Someone actually created a video game called "Postal" because of those shootings. That is one sick fucker right there.

Postal (video game series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In reality, shootings in post office workplaces are less than average. Most workplace shootings take place in the retail industry.

"If I have to work on Saturday again, I'm going to lose it!"

He would have just made a few pressure cooker bombs.

You really are stuck, aren't you. Stuck in a ridiculous rut. Tunnel vision.

Sadly for you, bad guys are more than capable of thinking outside the box.

He would have just made a few pressure cooker bombs.

You really are stuck, aren't you. Stuck in a ridiculous rut. Tunnel vision.

Making bombs is illegal. He might have been caught trying to make a bomb or accidently blown himself up. Sure beats legally arming him to mass kill.

Forum List

Back