So Much For The Idiotic "Gun Free Zone" Meme

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
An airport with some of the tightest security in the world has been attacked by mass shooters.

Turkey airport attack witness: 'It was like hell' - CNN.com

As the attackers fired shots and detonated explosives at the Istanbul Ataturk Airport on Tuesday, people scattered to get away from the chaotic scene.

"There's been a bomb!" travelers warned each other.

"Someone's coming with a gun."

Three terrorists armed with bombs and guns killed at least 41 people at the busy airport in Turkey.

Tragedies happen every day. But at least the victims enjoyed a false sense of security before this happened. That makes up for everything.

:tank::Boom2:

An airport with some of the tightest security in the world has been attacked by mass shooters.

Turkey airport attack witness: 'It was like hell' - CNN.com

As the attackers fired shots and detonated explosives at the Istanbul Ataturk Airport on Tuesday, people scattered to get away from the chaotic scene.

"There's been a bomb!" travelers warned each other.

"Someone's coming with a gun."

Three terrorists armed with bombs and guns killed at least 41 people at the busy airport in Turkey.
You are gaining ground on the boards no logic leaders ,keep up the good work

I guess the rubes will block this one out since it doesn't fit their narrative. Just like the attack at the Brussels airport, despite it not being a gun free zone either.

Last edited:
Now that we have established the "gun free zones" thing is total bullshit, and that gun control doesn't stop these attacks, maybe the rubes on both sides of this debate will wake up and start trying to find solutions that will actually work, instead of insisting on sticking to obviously retarded narratives.

What am I thinking!?! Of course they won't!

Now that we have established the "gun free zones" thing is total bullshit, and that gun control doesn't stop these attacks

Oh, but we haven't proven that yet. See, they get cheap and easy access to guns from Afghanistan. So, that's the problem here. We can't just ban guns in one city and think that will solve the problem. We have to ban guns in the entire country, and every country in the entire world! And if they won't listen, then we'll invade them! And force them to do it! At gun point!

The shooters were.....well....SHOT......enough to minimize those that were shot.

Sadly, they had explosives within their vests so there was more carnage.

By the way sparky....the meme, as you so eloquently put it, claims that less lives will be lost if there were friendly guns in a gun free zone....not that all lives will be saved.

But you know that already.

I have a sobering bit of reality to share your not going to stop every terrorist attack your not going to stop every mass shooter. There are evil people in this world and they will find a way to commit acts of evil you do the best you can to stop them but you will never stop them all.

The shooters were.....well....SHOT......enough to minimize those that were shot.

By the way sparky....the meme, as you so eloquently put it, claims that less lives will be lost if there were friendly guns in a gun free zone....not that all lives will be saved.

No, the meme is that mass killers don't go anywhere near places where there are armed security.

This attack blew that bullshit out of the water, along with the attack on the Brussels airport.

No, the meme is that mass killers don't go anywhere near places where there are armed security.

This attack blew that bullshit out of the water, along with the attack on the Brussels airport.
wrong again sparky...

The meme is that they are less likely to go where there are friendly guns......not that they would "stay away".

Why do you need to make stuff up? Are you THAT weak in your position?

I think there may be a tad bit of difference between terrorists who are on suicide missions (72 virgins crap) and crazy shooters who aren't trained their whole lives to kill. The lunatics who shoot up theaters and schools always seem to pick gun-free zones. The terrorists just go in trying to kill as many as possible, knowing they won't get out alive.

Neither are going away and we will always have to deal with this shit in some capacity. It does seem to have escalated in recent years. Never even thought about this shit growing up. It was something that happened in other countries.

I just want to keep my right to protect my own home.

wrong again sparky...

The meme is that they are less likely to go where there are friendly guns......not that they would "stay away".

Nope. You're wrong. I see you are trying to change the narrative now. Of course. To be expected from people living in denial.

Take a look. Here is one example:
The note from the theater shooter have it in writing that he wanted to attack an airport...but the had armed security...so he picked a gun free theater instead...

So much for the bullshit "gun free zone" meme.

Attacking airports, restaurants, malls, and night clubs is intended to make people afraid to leave their homes or to travel. THAT is why such targets are chosen. It has nothing do with "gun free zones".

What do Newtown, Columbine, Virgina Tech, Pulse/Orlando, movie theater in Colorado all have in common? They were all "gun free zones".

Unfortunately criminals don't follow the rules of society.

I'm not suggesting that mass shooters don't target non "gun free zones"...I'm suggesting that maybe law abiding citizens shouldn't be sitting ducks in the presence of a mass murderer.

What do Newtown, Columbine, Virgina Tech, Pulse/Orlando, movie theater in Colorado all have in common? They were all "gun free zones".

Unfortunately criminals don't follow the rules of society.

I'm not suggesting that mass shooters don't target non "gun free zones"...I'm suggesting that maybe law abiding citizens shouldn't be sitting ducks in the presence of a mass murderer.

Orlando had armed security.

What do Newtown, Columbine, Virgina Tech, Pulse/Orlando, movie theater in Colorado all have in common?

They were all familiar ground to the shooters.

Almost all mass shootings take place in the shooter's workplace or school. THAT is the most common factor.

What do Newtown, Columbine, Virgina Tech, Pulse/Orlando, movie theater in Colorado all have in common?

Almost all mass shootings take place in the shooter's workplace or school. THAT is the most common factor.

How does disarming the 80 million people who aren't criminals prevent the 30 who are from committing their crime?

Riddle us that batman....

I'm not so sure how familiar the Newtown shooter was, but you ignored the part in my post where I say that I don't think we should be forced to be sitting ducks to mass murderers.

I'm not so sure how familiar the Newtown shooter was, but you ignored the part in my post where I say that I don't think we should be forced to be sitting ducks to mass murderers.

Do you think we should be legally arming mass killers with high capacity magazines?

Forum List

Back