So much for Spring being here!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Last week it hit 60 degrees, felt like a good 75 in the bright sun....I saw the dirt of the earth for the first time in at least 4 months because all of the tremendous snow that we had gotten had finally melted. I was excited, got all the furniture on the deck arrange, getting ready to put up a screened tent..... I was in Heaven.

Then, this morning, I wake up to this....dagnamit !!!!!

P3215903.JPG

P3215902.JPG

P3215899.JPG

P3215897.JPG

P3215896.JPG

P3215895.JPG

P3215891.JPG

:evil::evil::evil:

care..psstt....with whats going on in japan....i dont think any of us need to be bitching about much right now..

i would cry....its is warm here....i would just cry if it snapped cold

care..psstt....with whats going on in japan....i dont think any of us need to be bitching about much right now..

i would cry....its is warm here....i would just cry if it snapped cold

so true! :(

Pause, to account blessings, and pray for the people in Japan!

It's been chilly here for about a week but I'm not anxious for hot weather either. I want Springtime. Cool and sunny.

Rained today but right now its not too shabby. Rained today but it wasnt a cold rain, thank goodness. We never know what we are gonna get here. One day nice (upper 60's) one day not so nice (lower 50's). But that snow sure looks pretty for someone that hasnt seen it in over 25 years.

Care,

In this part of Maine Spring comes around June 1 and lasts until about July first.

April truly is the cruelest month.

'tis only March still. Here in Indiana we had the same false spring and now it is 23 degrees and a wind chill of 15. No snow thankfully but that wind kinda cuts through the clothes and I have to work out in it for a couple pf hours. Brrrrrr! But it is just a short interlude and those warmer temperatures will be creeping back in soon. Hey the world is supposed to be warmer!

Care,

In this part of Maine Spring comes around June 1 and lasts until about July first.

i got spoiled by last year i suppose? April was a warmer, beautiful month last year....of course we ran about 6 degrees warmer that year all the way thru october, i believe.

now, the previous year, summer did not come until July....burrrrrr.....but i choose to forget that one! :lol:

Care,

i thought the black flies didn't show up until may, IIRC.

black flies show up late may through june and part of july!

I AM ALLERGIC to them.....i swell out like a balloon where ever bitten, the bite itches for about 6 weeks for me.... :eek:

black flies are the most evil insects on Earth! :evil:

Care,

I AM ALLERGIC to them.....i swell out like a balloon where ever bitten, the bite itches for about 6 weeks for me.... :eek:

Oh, and I suppose white flies would be good and wholesome??? :lol:

BTW, it's 41 degrees here and stormy. I blame Global Warming.

in the twenties last night and mid 30's today with almost hurricane force winds! burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....the sun was shining though....so that was good.

I got a fire in the fireplace going....refuse to pay another dollar for heating oil!:evil:

in the twenties last night and mid 30's today with almost hurricane force winds! burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....the sun was shining though....so that was good.

I got a fire in the fireplace going....refuse to pay another dollar for heating oil!:evil:

Beautiful pictures, BTW. I don't know how people tolerate so much snow. They're obviously tougher than I am. My Dad moved us out of New York when I was very young and we never looked back.

Looking out the window here and it is sunny, no snow, the grass is green, and lilies are starting to flower. Ahh but open the door and Brrrrr. Got to 40 today but was 25 last night and ice in the puddles. looks like this weekend we will get back to 50.

Beautiful pictures, BTW. I don't know how people tolerate so much snow. They're obviously tougher than I am. My Dad moved us out of New York when I was very young and we never looked back.

You really do get used to it. I like how a good snowfall makes everything sound . . . all hushed and quiet and still, just like Care's pics.

You really do get used to it. I like how a good snowfall makes everything sound . . . all hushed and quiet and still, just like Care's pics.

That happened 3 times this year in Little Rock. We'd go walk the dog through the park at night and everything was bright and quiet. Then I had to drive to work the next day, but I've got a 4x4 so no problemo. I couldn't do it for months like you guys. No way.

Spring was here. It didn't like what it saw and decided to leave. Is it coming back? Don't know.

Forum List

Back