So Much for Seperation of Church and State.

Honestly I know we are there for oil in part. But rarely will you see soldiers fighting wars for the reason we were sent there. The things that were happening in Iraq that we have stopped is what justifies this war for every soldier not what politicians parade on tv and in news papers.

Last edited:
now that's deep ! :cuckoo:

and highly significant too !

...and judging by Palin's comments about Community Organizers last night, I'd say she's not as hip to Jesus as she claims, or maybe she's confused or sucking up those talking points a little too zealously (or else she's ignorant of biblical history).
I wonder too if these folks buy into that whole End of Days theory because that states that the beginning of the end will come when a leader of Muslim descent ascends (some think this is Obama despite the fact that he's not Muslim at all and never really knew his father, never attended a madrassa). If they do, then they should ALL be voting for Obama, shouldn't they? I thought they WANT the End of Days (Rapture) to come and save them!

Why did this thread get moved to the Religion Category? It's one of the hottest topics in politics today!

Yet another misleading thread title.

I was SURE this one would be about Obama and HIS church. Hypocrite.

Is this why you moved it from Politics and buried this thread in "Religion, Philosophy?" This is one of the hottest topics in POLITICS today and particularly in this election. Please put it back in politics.

God, religion, bible, Quran, Gita or whatever have no place in government. None.

don't forget the other half of the first amendment....the gvt has no right to make any laws governing ones religion or ones religious beliefs or ones religious establishments either! None!

Actually, the Bible is quite clear that the Anti Christ will be of Jewish decent.
from the tribe of Dan some speculate, one of the lost tribes of israel, i thought....? but the lost tribes are among us all....they may not even know they are israeli....some speculate the Dan tribe ended up in the german region....the Danube river and many other areas named after Dan....and many, many in our own America are of german decent same with other countries.....if the tribe of Dan ending up there is even true....

this could be anybody from any country and more than likely a Christian....

don't forget the other half of the first amendment....the gvt has no right to make any laws governing ones religion or ones religious beliefs or ones religious establishments either! None!

But the state is to not promote religion. That does not in anyway impede the 1st amendment. The god bless America and all that should be gone. The government can't interfere with churches or private belief. If a church has any political leanings and uses its authority in government i.e focus on the family it should be fined and taxed.

from the tribe of Dan some speculate, one of the lost tribes of israel, i thought....? but the lost tribes are among us all....they may not even know they are israeli....some speculate the Dan tribe ended up in the german region....the Danube river and many other areas named after Dan....and many, many in our own America are of german decent same with other countries.....if the tribe of Dan ending up there is even true....

this could be anybody from any country and more than likely a Christian....
Yes, it leads a person to believe that he is from the tribe of Dan

It also talks about him not following the ways of his ancesters (the Jews). And that he does not enjoy the company of women ( he's homosexual)

But the state is to not promote religion. That does not in anyway impede the 1st amendment. The god bless America and all that should be gone. The government can't interfere with churches or private belief. If a church has any political leanings and uses its authority in government i.e focus on the family it should be fined and taxed.
they can't stop via making any law, the individual from believing or practicing their religion in the public square.

churches are NOT tax exempt because they are churches, they are tax exempt because they are a Non profit org, just like the salvation army, planned parenthood, the red cross, united way, bill gates foundation and the NRA etc.....

non profits can not promote a candidate, but they can support and promote their beliefs to their parishioners in the case of a church and congress can not stop them in any manner from doing such....it would break the first amendment.

The government can't interfere with the individual's religious beliefs or practices on public property....it is a rewriting of the first amendment to suggest otherwise imo. as example if a student wanted to carry their own Bible in public school and read it during his lunch hour or recess, there can be no law writen to stop the child from doing such....

I have no offense to God being printed on our money, (other than it might actually offend Him, since the love of money is the root of all evil) or in the pledge, but if God were not printed on our money etc, it would be just fine with me also...it doesn't offend me at all and frankly, i can not understand why it would bother others even if they are Athiest, the idea is that our country is suppose to be religiously tolerant which INCLUDES tollerance of the religious not just a one sided view, but encompassing all? I do not see it as Breaking the first amendment to have in God we Trust on our money and many other things like this...because the gvt is not supporting a religious establishment and not establishing aspecific denomination as a gvernemt church, which is what it says they are forbidden to do....

Care

Last edited:
Separation of church and state. . . I hear it all the time. I'm going to play devil's advocate here so bare with me. If separation of chuch and state is a popular theory, riddle me this:

Marriage as defined by religion is a union between man and woman. The state sees it as a contract.

Individuals who want to reverse Roe v. Wade (no abortions no matter what the reason) base their view that it should be reversed because of religous beliefs (Thou shalt not kill.)

Do most citizens of this country really believe in separation of church and state? My personal opinion is that the term "God" as used in phrases such as "In God We Trust" or "One Nation under God. . ." are making reference to whatever God or Higher Power in which you believe. I'm basing this opinion on the Constitutional right of freedom of religion.

??????????????

Separation of church and state. . . I hear it all the time. I'm going to play devil's advocate here so bare with me. If separation of chuch and state is a popular theory, riddle me this:

Marriage as defined by religion is a union between man and woman. The state sees it as a contract.

Individuals who want to reverse Roe v. Wade (no abortions no matter what the reason) base their view that it should be reversed because of religous beliefs (Thou shalt not kill.)

Do most citizens of this country really believe in separation of church and state? My personal opinion is that the term "God" as used in phrases such as "In God We Trust" or "One Nation under God. . ." are making reference to whatever God or Higher Power in which you believe. I'm basing this opinion on the Constitutional right of freedom of religion.

??????????????

The secular movement hates religion so they use anything they can to attack the largest in America--Christianity. They could give a crap what is written on their money.

they can't stop via making any law, the individual from believing or practicing their religion in the public square.

People are very welcome to have faith where ever they want to. i would be quick to defend people of faith if their rights were being infringed on. They may not force and create policy.

churches are NOT tax exempt because they are churches, they are tax exempt because they are a Non profit org, just like the salvation army, planned parenthood, the red cross, united way, bill gates foundation and the NRA etc.....

They are exempt as long as they do not reachinto the political field. Once they set foot in that arena they are considered other. The influence that they place for issues and candidates should in no way be tolerated. They should lose tax exempt status and be heavily fined for such action. That would stop this.

non profits can not promote a candidate, but they can support and promote their beliefs to their parishioners in the case of a church and congress can not stop them in any manner from doing such....it would break the first amendment.

They do promote candidates. Focus on the family supports them The Catholic churth supports them. many others do as well. They do it from the pulpit and this is against the rules. Again they should be fined and no longer tax exempt. The religious right pushes it's views they should be ignored in the halls of cingress and the White House.

The government can't interfere with the individual's religious beliefs or practices on public property....it is a rewriting of the first amendment to suggest otherwise imo. as example if a student wanted to carry their own Bible in public school and read it during his lunch hour or recess, there can be no law writen to stop the child from doing such....

Individual belief and a churches beliefs should not be interfered with by government. They just may not bring those views into the government.

I have no offense to God being printed on our money, (other than it might actually offend Him, since the love of money is the root of all evil) or in the pledge, but if God were not printed on our money etc, it would be just fine with me also...it doesn't offend me at all and frankly, i can not understand why it would bother others even if they are Athiest, the idea is that our country is suppose to be religiously tolerant which INCLUDES tollerance of the religious not just a one sided view, but encompassing all? I do not see it as Breaking the first amendment to have in God we Trust on our money and many other things like this...because the gvt is not supporting a religious establishment and not establishing aspecific denomination as a gvernemt church, which is what it says they are forbidden to do....

Care

I take offense to any mention of god in any government building. I don't expect that to change i can live with it as long as it has no place in the creation of our laws.

People are very welcome to have faith where ever they want to. i would be quick to defend people of faith if their rights were being infringed on. They may not force and create policy.

They are exempt as long as they do not reachinto the political field. Once they set foot in that arena they are considered other. The influence that they place for issues and candidates should in no way be tolerated. They should lose tax exempt status and be heavily fined for such action. That would stop this.

They do promote candidates. Focus on the family supports them The Catholic churth supports them. many others do as well. They do it from the pulpit and this is against the rules. Again they should be fined and no longer tax exempt. The religious right pushes it's views they should be ignored in the halls of cingress and the White House.

Individual belief and a churches beliefs should not be interfered with by government. They just may not bring those views into the government.

Care

I take offense to any mention of god in any government building. I don't expect that to change i can live with it as long as it has no place in the creation of our laws.

it makes me very upset when i've seen pastors preaching a candidate from the pulpit,,,happened quite a bit with president bush supporters and i saw it happen at barak obama's church as well....all, is unacceptable and makes me shout at the tv...mainly i want to slap them upside of the head and say, WHY OH WHY would you want to draw your congregation in to supporting a politician, for goodness sakes, you then bring dirty politics in to god's house and make those that do not know Christ, think that Christ would be associated in this garbage and pick a party or a side? stupid, dumb, pastors....almost deserve the politician friends they pick, darnit! But it hurts religion, hurts the message of Christ for me, and ''whoever'' for others by this ''union'' that has taken place in some of these churches...

BUT you must remember, that those that go to churches are individuals that do have the right to speak out about who they want as president and why etc....just as you have that right or the individuals working for planned parenthood or the nra would have that right etc....

care

Last edited:
Yes, it leads a person to believe that he is from the tribe of Dan

It also talks about him not following the ways of his ancesters (the Jews). And that he does not enjoy the company of women ( he's homosexual)
sunni man
What part of the Bible does it say that he doesn't enjoy the company of women? Do you know the verse number?

The reason I ask is because I remember reading that he takes "away from women, what women want most"....and this could be what you are refering to...but I have always thought of this saying to mean that he took Child bearing away from women....(or the position of child bearing is promoted as being bad) and this does not necessarily mean he was a homosexual, just a sexist of some sort or someone who promotes the reduction in our population????

care

Forum List

Back