So Much for Seperation of Church and State.

Still waiting for a link to the quote.

Palin Asks for Prayers That War Be "Task That Is From God" | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

"I can do my part in doing things like working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline, a $30 billion dollar project that's going to create a lot of jobs for people in Alaska, and we're going to have a lot of energy flowing through here -- and pray about that also -- I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she told them, "but I can do my job there, in developing our natural resources, and doing things like getting the roads paved, and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms, their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded. But really, all that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God."

Switching to the war in Iraq, Palin told the group of students that they should not only pray for men and women in the military but to make sure the leaders of this country are sending U.S. soldiers "out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." -Albert Einstein

I thought Prince Hubertus zu Löwenstein, Towards the Further Shore (Victor Gollancz, London, 1968), p. 156; quoted in Jammer, p. 97

said that?

The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer.

— Albert Einstein
in Goldman, p. vii

About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church. As long as I can remember, I have resented mass indocrination. I do not believe in the fear of life, in the fear of death, in blind faith. I cannot prove to you that there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. My God created laws that take care of that. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws.

THIS HAPPENS TO BE EXACTLY HOW I FEEL.

Palin Asks for Prayers That War Be "Task That Is From God" | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

"I can do my part in doing things like working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline, a $30 billion dollar project that's going to create a lot of jobs for people in Alaska, and we're going to have a lot of energy flowing through here -- and pray about that also -- I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she told them, "but I can do my job there, in developing our natural resources, and doing things like getting the roads paved, and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms, their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded. But really, all that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God."

Switching to the war in Iraq, Palin told the group of students that they should not only pray for men and women in the military but to make sure the leaders of this country are sending U.S. soldiers "out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

I BET NOT ONLY IS ALLIEBABY MENTALLY FAT AND LAZY, SHE IS PROBABLY FAT AND LAZY IN PERSON TOO. SHOW ME, PROVIDE ME LINKS, HELP ME, DO FOR ME, SCREW ME, COOK FOR ME, HELP ME GET OFF THE BED, I'M TOO FAT AND LAZY TO DO ANYTHING MYSELF. :eusa_shhh: DON'T TELL HER I SAID THAT THOUGH.

on the last quote, i actually believe she is ''questioning'' whether the leaders are ''just'', with this war and is praying that God guide them, in an exit plan of sorts....but i'm not certain on that....?

Actually, I think it's a bit much, but I don't have a problem with her praying that the task is a righteous one. I don't see where she prayed that we obliterate anyone...

I think this one's much ado about nothing. Her other views are much more dangerous.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." So Einstein once wrote to explain his personal creed: "A religious person is devout in the sense that he has no doubt of the significance of those super-personal objects and goals which neither require nor are capable of rational foundation."

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." -Albert Einstein

On 17 July 1953 a woman who was a licensed Baptist pastor sent Einstein in Princeton a warmly appreciative evangelical letter. Quoting several passages from the scriptures, she asked him whether he had considered the relationship of his immortal soul to its Creator, and asked whether he felt assurance of everlasting life with God after death. It is not known whether a reply was sent, but the letter is in the Einstein Archives, and on it, in Einstein's handwriting, is the following sentence, written in English:

I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.

He also wrote:

My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment.

I am a deeply religious nonbeliever.... This is a somewhat new kind of religion.

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive With our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible Universe, forms my idea of God.

1 Saddam had mass murdered those people 1-2 decades earlier and was not doing such at the time we chose to attack Saddam....in fact, we went to war with saddam in Gulf war one, which was after he had already committed genocide on them....

1.a and the innocent people that died because of our actions by going to war, how is that not murder directed by gvt?

2 Iraq was a secular country, there were Christian communities there, now AFTER this war, the Christians have had to flee and we have Sharia Law on the doorsteps of ruling Iraq.

3 little girls and boys are raped in the usa too, should other gvts come in and kill us because of this happening here?

4 if you are jewish, then that is all fine and dandy I suppose, but Christ while here on Earth taught that we walk an extra unforced mile with our adversaries, and Christ taught to turn the other cheek and Christ taught to love thy enemies as thyself...all because Christ believed that this would be like burning coals on our enemy's heads...eventually bringing peace....i suppose...

So, as a religious person, a Christian, I whole heartedly DISAGREE with you...

Saying that God sent you to war or justifies a war that is unjustifiable and NOT "Just War" as described in religious terms over the centuries, blasphemes God. I stand by my thoughts and words on it....

If this were the Sudan and we went in to save these people that genocide is wiping out, THEN I might agree with you....but this was NOT the case and to attribute this war to being a war of God's is blasphemy....making you all Gods...and you all putting words in God's mouth....i wouldn't do that if i were you....again, this is just my peon opinion! :)

Care

Bind it on eath its bound in heaven loose it on earth its loosed in heaven.

1.) Please inform me of the targeted innocents.

2.) If you truly believe Iraq was a secular country with no religious persecution that should disqualify you from continuing this conversation due to lack of knowledge concerning the subject you are addressing.

3.) Little girls are raped in America but our government does not condone it as tribal purification! It also punishes those who are convicted.

4.) We turned the other cheek then the other tower was hit we turned around and the pentagon was hit we walked away and a plain was crashed into an open field.

So as a religious person I can not condone your lack of support for the welfare of other humans. You call a war unjustifiable because you refuse to see the facts.

she didnt just say God is on our side. she said Got wanted us to attack. that is completely different. it is using God to justify a war that WE started. she cannot speak for God

It is the same thing if I say

God is on our side then i attack a nation guess what in my opinion God condoned the attack.

If I say God wants me to go attack a nation the attack on the nation in my opinion was condoned by God.

2.) If you truly believe Iraq was a secular country with no religious persecution that should disqualify you from continuing this conversation due to lack of knowledge concerning the subject you are addressing.

3.) Little girls are raped in America but our government does not condone it as tribal purification! It also punishes those who are convicted.

4.) We turned the other cheek then the other tower was hit we turned around and the pentagon was hit we walked away and a plain was crashed into an open field.

So as a religious person I can not condone your lack of support for the welfare of other humans. You call a war unjustifiable because you refuse to see the facts.

Are you talking about Iraq or Afganistan? I think you have the facts all twisted. And you sure swallowed the war propoganda.

I was going to explain how fucked up your thinking is but it would take too long. You need to educate yourself on what is really going on in the world. You are a brainwashed American.

You don't know how bad the situation has gotten in Iraq and Afganistan SINCE we invaded.

The Iraq war was unjustifiable. The Georgia war is unjustifiable. The Iran war you are planning is unjustifiable.

Just like you can take a no experience woman who didn't earn her way to the VP, she was picked for partisan political reasons, and somehow spin it so that she sounds like a good choice.

I guess if you can justify that VP pick, you can justify anything.

See, nowhere do I see anyone claiming they've been told by God to do anything. She suggests prayers that the actions follow the plan of God.

That's why I always ask for a link when people start attributing ridiculous statements to others. Jillian's right, it's a non-issue.

It is the same thing if I say

God is on our side then i attack a nation guess what in my opinion God condoned the attack.

If I say God wants me to go attack a nation the attack on the nation in my opinion was condoned by God.

you dont understand. the problem is that YOU are speaking FOR God. you CANNOT speak for God. get it?

you dont understand. the problem is that YOU are speaking FOR God. you CANNOT speak for God. get it?

And I still haven't seen evidence that anyone has said they were speaking for God..so I'm not sure why this is continuing?

And I still haven't seen evidence that anyone has said they were speaking for God..so I'm not sure why this is continuing?

it sounded like she was praying for God to condone the attack. and this is continuing because the other poster sees nothing wrong with saying "God told me to do this"

you need to google ''JUST WAR THEORY'' and read up on it, then apply what happened in iraq with each one of the standards that needed to be met with just war theory, BEFORE entering in to war, and each standard that needed to be met after we enter in to war, and see if we met them....

i don't believe we did.

second, IRAQ DID NOT ATTACK US ON 9/11....so you babling on about such means NOTHING when it comes to the war in iraq....

and i do not believe soldiers intentionally killed innocent people in iraq, it is KILLING none the less, another innocent human being....this is why starting a WAR should ONLY BE the last option in protecting ones own country and citizenry and Just War Theory should be heeded....

care

i've heard that before, but have never seen it shown true. his daughter denies it. so can you actually prove that to be the case?

just found this
CG001: Darwin recanted

There are two stories the one Lady hope told in which he died a Christian and the one his daughter told. Keep in mind his daughter did not live with him and she told her story 30 years after when she was 80 years old.

There are two stories the one Lady hope told in which he died a Christian and the one his daughter told. Keep in mind his daughter did not live with him and she told her story 30 years after when she was 80 years old.

so you have no proof?

Forum List

Back