So Much for Seperation of Church and State.

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
I thought the theocracies were in the Middle East, not here.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God." Funny, Saddam told his troops the same thing.

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Palin asked the students to pray for the troops in Iraq, and noted that her eldest son, Track, was expected to be deployed there.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan." Must be nice to be able to interpret god's plan in your favorl

Reminds me as a kid in Catholic school when I made the sign of the cross during sports so god would help me beat those stupid protestants.

Get a life.

this was on the news this morning, and it made me choke on my cheerios a little. ive heard freedom and terrorism and whatnot as reasons we went, but never that it was God's will. how does she know what is His will? i hate it when people say they know what God wants, and it usually is done as a way to keep people from questioning you (that doesnt sound right, but if it's God's will....)

I realize that. What pisses me off is they are not religious and they are not right.

It's times like this that I hope there is an after life. Can you see one of these bastards trying to lie to God just before he/she is turned into a piece of toad shit?:badgrin:

I thought the theocracies were in the Middle East, not here.

So now, a person can't share their religious views with ministry students???? So much for freedom of religion...

What other rights do you want to take away?

The difference between Christians and non-Christians is that Christians KNOW they are not perfect.

So now, a person can't share their religious views with ministry students???? So much for freedom of religion...

What other rights do you want to take away?

she can share her religion. but she cant use religion as a way to justify our government actitivites.

If you were a member of any religion would you go to war if you thought your God or Gods were against it?

deflection.

she didnt just say it to make herself feel better about us going to war. she said it to a large group of people as a justification for an unneccessary war.

deflection.

she didnt just say it to make herself feel better about us going to war. she said it to a large group of people as a justification for an unneccessary war.

Not a defection at all just an attempt to get you to think about this and realize that its not a big deal. She believes God is on her side. Justifying defending your country based on your religious morals is a far cry from religious psycho babble. In fact isn't Obama trying to appeal to Christian voters. Once he answers the question of whether or not he believes God is on Americas side in the war in Iraq then we can continue this discussion. Untill then we can agree that unlike most politicians Palin is up front with her beliefs and not hiding them from liberal attacks.

Not a defection at all just an attempt to get you to think about this and realize that its not a big deal. She believes God is on her side. Justifying defending your country based on your religious morals is a far cry from religious psycho babble. In fact isn't Obama trying to appeal to Christian voters. Once he answers the question of whether or not he believes God is on Americas side in the war in Iraq then we can continue this discussion. Untill then we can agree that unlike most politicians Palin is up front with her beliefs and not hiding them from liberal attacks.

Unfortunately, a candidate can not be honest and tell the dumb American voters the truth, that God is not on our side on this Iraq war. Neither is the rest of the world. Do you think God is against the rest of the world and favors America above all else?

You know what? I think believing in God should disqualify you from being President. What sane adult believes in fairytales? It's rediculous.

The most intelligent men didn't believe. Einstein and Darwin.

Forum List

Back