So much for outreach. Iran jams Obama broadcast.

May 23, 2009
The Associated Press: Muslims see shift in Obama speech, no breakthrough

Iranian television did not air Obama and there were no reports on it. But Iranian radio reported that Obama gave a speech in Egypt — in a single sentence report without giving details. Most Iranians who own satellite dishes could not watch it as their reception was jammed.

In Iran, Mohammad Ali Abtahi, a cleric who was vice president under reformist President Mohammad Khatami, called the speech "compensation to hostile environment which was created during President Bush."

Iranian television did not air Obama and there were no reports on it. But Iranian radio reported that Obama gave a speech in Egypt — in a single sentence report without giving details. Most Iranians who own satellite dishes could not watch it as their reception was jammed.

In Iran, Mohammad Ali Abtahi, a cleric who was vice president under reformist President Mohammad Khatami, called the speech "compensation to hostile environment which was created during President Bush."

LOL!!

Atta boy Barry - you are truly changing the Muslim world!

:lol:

Hey, it's a better start then feeding zombies like you bullshit about Iraqi phantom WMDs.

• Banned
Everyone knows zombies prefer bullshit about Iran not developing nuclear weapons. Now that's more like bullshit you want to err on the side of!

Don't blame me if your kind blew their load crying about a falling sky in Iraq, dude. Wanna see some glossy 8x10 with cirles and arrows detailing what we KNEW was there but wasn't?

Don't blame me if your kind blew their load crying about a falling sky in Iraq, dude. Wanna see some glossy 8x10 with cirles and arrows detailing what we KNEW was there but wasn't?

Live in the present kid.

Obama's New Muslim World Order is a DUD!!

:lol::lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Cant be any worse than the last 8 years of your best case scenario. I'll go ahead and wait for the harvest of peace than the empty promises of your phantom WMD boogeyman spotting.

Well, I bet the majority of the Iranians eagerly watched his speech on the Internet.
I mean, did the Iranians ever had to jamm the speaches of Bush because they were potentially dangerous to them?
Such moves drive a wedge between the regime and the population, which sounds like a totally awesome thing from the US p.o.V.

LOL!!

Bad move. You can bet the Iranian voters wavering on July's election will now vote to remove Achmedinejad over this one. Iranians have cell phones, use Twitter, and can get their information from a variety of places, not just Iranian television. The backlash should be enormous.

Obama won't stand for this.

He'll have to speed up his plans to jam US conservative talk radio broadcasts so he can show up Ahmedinejad, just like he did like Chavez and Castro by nationalizing General Motors.

Last edited:

Bad move. You can bet the Iranian voters wavering on July's election will now vote to remove Achmedinejad over this one. Iranians have cell phones, use Twitter, and can get their information from a variety of places, not just Iranian television. The backlash should be enormous.

On the other hand, if you're an Iranian, why risk everything for Barack Obama's promises?

That's possible!

You call yourself an america firster, yet you have no problem with the FACT that iran has murdered hundreds, if not thousands, of US troops in iraq?

You ARE full of shit.

You call yourself an america firster, yet you have no problem with the FACT that iran has murdered hundreds, if not thousands, of US troops in iraq?

You ARE full of shit.

The capital letters FACT? Oh no, not that, it's irrefutable!

Got any actual evidence of that?

LOL!!

I wasn't aware the entire Muslim world resided in Iran...

Evidence? Like the US soldiers blew themselves up in shia neighborhoods?

As in the Iraqi shia militias grow EFPs in their backyards? Iran has already publically admitted they funded, armed and trained the militias. There were even some iranian RGs caught and arrested in iraq, some of whom are still being held by the US military. The fucks were fortunate my squad didn't catch them, we would have beaten confessions out of them and killed them right then and there.

Evidence? Like the US soldiers blew themselves up in shia neighborhoods?

As in the Iraqi shia militias grow EFPs in their backyards? Iran has already publically admitted they funded, armed and trained the militias. There were even some iranian RGs caught and arrested in iraq, some of whom are still being held by the US military. The fucks were fortunate my squad didn't catch them, we would have beaten confessions out of them and killed them right then and there.

Wow, beaten confessions out of them because who they were, and then killed them. If you are representative of US service members in Iraq, no wonder we got fun things like the Bagram prison and Abu Ghraib. You are a fucking disgrace.

Wow, beaten confessions out of them because who they were, and then killed them. If you are representative of US service members in Iraq, no wonder we got fun things like the Bagram prison and Abu Ghraib. You are a fucking disgrace.

First off asshole, unless you served in a combat zone with fighters hiding behind women and children, firing from mosques and ambulances, etc., you have no authority whatfucking- soever commenting on what I could or couldn't do, you little twerp. As Jack N said, I don't want to hear you question the method by which I provide the safety and comfort under which you sleep at night.

Second, the shia militias were using illegal weapons, fired at US troops, sunni AND shia civilians - so that they could blame the US for any casualties, and used horrific torture on captured/kidnapped US soldiers, shia who sided with the US as "collaborators", and sunni civilians. Interesting how you have no comments on THEIR actions, or are you a racist who has no expectations for arab muslims to act within the rules of war, as simply as human beings?

First off asshole, unless you served in a combat zone with fighters hiding behind women and children, firing from mosques and ambulances, etc., you have no authority whatfucking- soever commenting on what I could or couldn't do, you little twerp. As Jack N said, I don't want to hear you question the method by which I provide the safety and comfort under which you sleep at night.

Second, the shia militias were using illegal weapons, fired at US troops, sunni AND shia civilians - so that they could blame the US for any casualties, and used horrific torture on captured/kidnapped US soldiers, shia who sided with the US as "collaborators", and sunni civilians. Interesting how you have no comments on THEIR actions, or are you a racist who has no expectations for arab muslims to act within the rules of war, as simply as human beings?
morons like him will never get it

New Topics

Forum List

Back