So much for "liberal media".

UCLA Study:A Measure of Media Bias-Rigging the Numbers

Think Again: Rigging the Numbers

Cool, one study demonstrating the difficulties of researching this topic - or at least a liberal biased source about it... kinda does make my point. Stop accepting the 'truth' from one side.... the 'truth' does not have a side. It just is.

If one honestly wants to understand the influence of the media, I suggest that intelligent people will make an effort to read ALL the research from ALL the sources and develop an informed opinion.

This is where I wander off the 'biased' reservation... I read a whole shitload of research and do not form my opinions from biased sources.

And y'all wonder why I call some people stupid? Really? Why? I speak as I find.

All sources have their bias, I did read the study. I get my truth from many sources but I call myself truthseeker not truthknower and because I'm a fan of the Mike Malloy show. But I also listen to Rush and other "conservative "and "liberal" shows. I don't agree with everything either side says although I lean more towards the liberal side.

UCLA Study:A Measure of Media Bias-Rigging the Numbers

Think Again: Rigging the Numbers

Cool, one study demonstrating the difficulties of researching this topic - or at least a liberal biased source about it... kinda does make my point. Stop accepting the 'truth' from one side.... the 'truth' does not have a side. It just is.

If one honestly wants to understand the influence of the media, I suggest that intelligent people will make an effort to read ALL the research from ALL the sources and develop an informed opinion.

This is where I wander off the 'biased' reservation... I read a whole shitload of research and do not form my opinions from biased sources.

And y'all wonder why I call some people stupid? Really? Why? I speak as I find.

All sources have their bias, I did read the study. I get my truth from many sources but I call myself truthseeker not truthknower and because I'm a fan of the Mike Malloy show. But I also listen to Rush and other "conservative "and "liberal" shows. I don't agree with everything either side says although I lean more towards the liberal side.

Depends on what you call a 'source'. To me, sources are legitimate when they provide factually accurate information without a bias. To you, it is anything that supports your view. That's fine. But I cannot take you seriously when you provide a biased link to back up your opinion. Naturally, a biased source will support your view. I could find a plethora to support mine... but - you will view yours as right, and I will view mine as right. It adds nothing to any rational debate.

However, you claim to have read 'the study'. When it comes to media bias... I read every damned study I can get my hands on...that way I can get a decent overview of the whole issue rather than accepting blinding the 'results' of one study.

Unlike you, I rarely listen to either 'conservative' or 'liberal' commentators - the majority do not reach the level of debate that I want. I do listen to BBC radio comment programs - more so that I get an understanding of how the Brits view us rather than to learn from them. Sometimes I learn, sometimes not.

Generally, I find that the 'truth' is rarely 'left' or 'right'. There are good ideas, and good policies, from both. The problem is, more often than not, that neither side will STFU long enough to listen.

I'm watching Meet the Press with David Gregory.

I'm amazed watching him grill Harry Reid. Attacking, Attacking, Attacking.

But then when Lindsey Grahame and other Republicans are on, no interruptions, all softball questions and he lets them go on endlessly with their message.

MSNBC can have "opinion anchors" like Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, but when it comes to the "serious" interviews, like with David Gregory, it's all "conservative" and "fluff". Unless you're a Democrat.

And the right is always screaming about "liberal bias". I just don't see it.

You must drop acid while you watch Meet the Press.

Forum List

Back