So much for "liberal media".

R

rdean

I'm watching Meet the Press with David Gregory.

I'm amazed watching him grill Harry Reid. Attacking, Attacking, Attacking.

But then when Lindsey Grahame and other Republicans are on, no interruptions, all softball questions and he lets them go on endlessly with their message.

MSNBC can have "opinion anchors" like Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, but when it comes to the "serious" interviews, like with David Gregory, it's all "conservative" and "fluff". Unless you're a Democrat.

And the right is always screaming about "liberal bias". I just don't see it.

One show is evidence that there is no 'liberal bias' in the media.

That shows such a lack of understanding of the word 'evidence' that it is laughable... particularly when the one making the claim also claims to value education, science, and academic thought.

It is equivalent to me providing a link to Rachel Madcow ranting a bunch of lies about the GOP and calling that proof that there is a liberal bias across the media.

Last edited:

But then when Lindsey Grahame and other Republicans are on, no interruptions, all softball questions and he lets them go on endlessly with their message.

MSNBC can have "opinion anchors" like Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, but when it comes to the "serious" interviews, like with David Gregory, it's all "conservative" and "fluff". Unless you're a Democrat.

I'd be most amused to see what you consider a "grilling", Deanie. Care to provide a link? The day that MSNBC attacks progressives and coddles conservatives is the day that pigs fly.

There is not enough time in the day for me to disprove this stupid ass thread (nothing new for rdumb).

Even a broken clock is right twice a day :cuckoo:

Your perceptions are horribly skewed. You think The Onion is a legitimate news source, and a musical by the South Park guys is a serious documentary.

So, I expect your idea of Gregory "attacking" Reid was something like this in reality:

Gregory: So, Senator Reid -- just exactly how awesome ARE you?! The American people have a right to know!!

You don't see it? Color me not surprised.

That's because reality has a well-known liberal bias, which in turn is because the right is not fact-based.

You remember that you said I was intelligent? Try and post so that I can say likewise about you. This is utter bullshit... and you know it is. Opinion is not reality - no matter how much you try to make it... it isn't.

The OP is ridiculous. Anyone with a brain can see that. He quotes one show as evidence that there is no liberal bias. Surely, you see how ludicrous that is?

That's because reality has a well-known liberal bias, which in turn is because the right is not fact-based.

You remember that you said I was intelligent? Try and post so that I can say likewise about you. This is utter bullshit... and you know it is. Opinion is not reality - no matter how much you try to make it... it isn't.

The OP is ridiculous. Anyone with a brain can see that. He quotes one show as evidence that there is no liberal bias. Surely, you see how ludicrous that is?

that counts you out :clap2:

Idiot!!! :lol:

that counts you out :clap2:

Idiot!!! :lol:

Actually, much as you might disagree, it doesn't.

Oddly enough, it's only liberals that "know" this.

Sheer coincidence, I'm sure. :lol:

I suspect it's not only liberals that know it. But it is only liberals who are prepared to acknowledge it. And that's NOT a coincidence. :tongue:

Seriously, the mainstream media are driven by two things: the political agenda of their corporate owners, which involves protecting corporate privilege, and the business agenda of those owners, which involves ratings and advertising revenue. The first gives the media a right-wing bias (but only on economic issues), while the second gives it a what-will-sell bias. The only reason why members of the "conservative" movement HONESTLY believe in the myth of the "liberal media" is because their views are so out there that, compared to THEM, it's true. But then, compared to them, Ronald Reagan had a liberal bias.

That shows such a lack of understanding of the word 'evidence' that it is laughable... particularly when the one making the claim also claims to value education, science, and academic thought.

It is equivalent to me providing a link to Rachel Madcow ranting a bunch of lies about the GOP and calling that proof that there is a liberal bias across the media.

What lies are you talking about?

Oddly enough, it's only liberals that "know" this.

Sheer coincidence, I'm sure. :lol:

I suspect it's not only liberals that know it. But it is only liberals who are prepared to acknowledge it. And that's NOT a coincidence. :tongue:

Seriously, the mainstream media are driven by two things: the political agenda of their corporate owners, which involves protecting corporate privilege, and the business agenda of those owners, which involves ratings and advertising revenue. The first gives the media a right-wing bias (but only on economic issues), while the second gives it a what-will-sell bias. The only reason why members of the "conservative" movement HONESTLY believe in the myth of the "liberal media" is because their views are so out there that, compared to THEM, it's true. But then, compared to them, Ronald Reagan had a liberal bias.

Seriously, stating that reality has a liberal leaning bias and then expecting to be taken seriously is.... well... seriously stupid.

What lies are you talking about?

What do you mean by that?

Where is your passion for science rdean? Where is the respect for honesty evidence?

Your perceptions are horribly skewed. You think The Onion is a legitimate news source, and a musical by the South Park guys is a serious documentary.

So, I expect your idea of Gregory "attacking" Reid was something like this in reality:

Gregory: So, Senator Reid -- just exactly how awesome ARE you?! The American people have a right to know!!

You've made those delusional accusations before. Proves you are very, very right wing. With all their "insight" and "rationality". It's pretty funny.

Laugh at people like Dave. It's the best defense against their bizarre attacks. Being laughed at is the one thing they can't take. Why? Because they want to be taken "seriously" and you just can't.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was laughed at at Columbia University when he spewed his bullshit. Proves how to handle people like Mahmoud and Dave. You just laugh in their faces. They can't handle it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-sC26wpUGQ]In Iran, we don't have homosexuals - YouTube[/ame]

I was probably drunk.

Forum List

Back