So much for buy american! walmart to outsource even more!

Not drunk at all..

That's too bad, at least if you were drunk you'd have an excuse... oh well...pray continue. :cuckoo:
bouncebig.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to STAND4LIBERTY again.

Definitely a man after my own heart! Walmart is UnAmerican with its globel encouragement of slave wages.

Slave wages? since when do slaves get paid wages? (well 'cept for os tax slaves, but we're only that about half the time and the gub'ment uses actual force to make us so), I thought the people that worked at Wal Mart did so voluntarily at a mutually agreed upon price for their labor, is this not correct?

Definitely a man after my own heart! Walmart is UnAmerican with its globel encouragement of slave wages.

Slave wages? since when do slaves get paid wages? (well 'cept for os tax slaves, but we're only that about half the time and the gub'ment uses actual force to make us so), I thought the people that worked at Wal Mart did so voluntarily at a mutually agreed upon price for their labor, is this not correct?

Clears throat! the left don't mind slave wages when it's their voting base doing it aka illegal aliens and American Samoans.. you remember pop up pelosi passed legislation giving every American a raise in the minimum wage?EXCEPT her American Samoans.. remember that?? hear any outrage from the left? welldidyahuh?

there are numeric facts to bludgeon about the head and neck with?
Please let me know when you start.... 'cause I wanna try and make sure I'm awake for auspicious occasion. :lol:

um, did you happen to miss each occasion where i've posted deficit numbers thus far? I can't say that I'm shocked given how far your head is up your own ass.

scroll up, pussy.. Or, if you'd rather I can repost the deficit numbers for each nation that you think the free market is working out for us with... Just say the word, puss.

Not drunk at all..

That's too bad, at least if you were drunk you'd have an excuse... oh well...pray continue. :cuckoo:
bouncebig.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to STAND4LIBERTY again.

Gosh, how selective of you! After all, you WERE just crying about non sequiters, eh?

:rofl:

poor guy... go ahead and comfort each other since we both know how you react to deficit numbers and the complete failure of your favorite economic myth...

A rational person might behave differently because sometimes the principle is worth more than the few pennies saved. I know when I purchase Chinese goods that I'm in truth supporting the communist Chinese government.

Same difference, you're just adding another variable into your calculation of value and puting the price tag of "the few pennies saved" on your principle of not supporting the communist Chinese government, however it's safe to say that your "principle" in this case has a price tag, for example what if the price difference was $1000, would you still pay the difference to service your "principle" ? not to mention in order to say that your "principle" has no price tag then you'd have to say that you NEVER purchase Chinese manufactured products.

I can't say that I NEVER purchase Chinese manufactured products but I will say that if I have an alternative, I'll take it. Look, I'm not judging you for shopping at Walmart. If that's where you choose to spend your dollars, have at it. For me personally, Walmart is the store of last resort. IMO Walmart is ALMOST as culpable as the U.S. tax laws in driving business out of the country.

Check out

The Man Who Said No to Wal-Mart | Fast Company

The Wal-Mart vice president responded with strategy and argument. Snapper is the sort of high-quality nameplate, like Levi Strauss, that Wal-Mart hopes can ultimately make it more Target-like. He suggested that Snapper find a lower-cost contract manufacturer. He suggested producing a separate, lesser-quality line with the Snapper nameplate just for Wal-Mart. Just like Levi did.
"My response was, we would take a look at that," says Wier. "The reason I gave that response was, it was a legitimate question. In my own mind, I knew where I'd go with that"--no thanks--"but at that kind of meeting you at least have to be willing to say, I'll investigate." And that was it. "The tone at the end was, We're not going forward as a supplier."
No lightning bolt struck. Except that Snapper instantly gave up almost 20% of its business. "But when we told the dealers that they would no longer find Snapper in Wal-Mart, they were very pleased with that decision. And I think we got most of that business back by winning the hearts of the dealers."
Snapper was successfully integrated into Simplicity, which in 2004 was itself bought by Briggs & Stratton, the company that makes many of the engines in Snapper and Simplicity mowers. Simplicity and Snapper operate as independent divisions, and Wier remained CEO of both until last summer, when he resigned to join the private equity firm Kohlberg & Co. In McDonough, business is strong. Shane Sumners plans to add a second assembly line for both walk-behind and riding mowers.
One serious hazard to Wier's strategy is that independent lawn-equipment dealers face all the same pressures that have killed, for instance, many independent hardware stores and toy stores. "That is a legitimate question and a legitimate concern," says Wier. "I think we have a part in that outcome. Can Snapper, as a major supplier, continue to supply [the independents] with great product, and a product different than you can buy at Wal-Mart?"
"I believe Wal-Mart has done a great service to the country in many ways. And it may be that along the way, they've driven some people out of business who shouldn't have been driven out of business."
Wier says, "I'm probably pro-Wal-Mart. I'm certainly not anti-Wal-Mart. I believe Wal-Mart has done a great service to the country in many ways. They offer reasonably good product at very good prices, and they've streamlined the entire distribution system. And it may be that along the way, they've driven some people out of business who shouldn't have been driven out of business." Wier wasn't going to let that happen to Snapper.
Wier had determined to lead Snapper to focus on quality, and through quality, on cachet. Not every car is a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry; there is more than enough business to support Audi and BMW and Lexus. And so it is with lawn mowers, Wier hoped. Still, perhaps the most remarkable thing is that the Wal-Mart effect is so pervasive that it sets the metabolism even of companies that purposefully do no business with Wal-Mart.
And the power and allure of Wal-Mart is such that even Jim Wier, the man who said no to Wal-Mart, a man who knows all the reasons why that was the right decision, has slivers of doubt.

Clears throat! the left don't mind slave wages when it's their voting base doing it aka illegal aliens and American Samoans.. you remember pop up pelosi passed legislation giving every American a raise in the minimum wage?EXCEPT her American Samoans.. remember that?? hear any outrage from the left? welldidyahuh?

HAHAHA! now THAT is rich.. yea.. it sure is the left who is looking for illegals as cheap labor in the US!

oh man.. you people crack me up!

Arbitrary No, many of those who were making $24.00 an hour are out of work or soon to be out of work, those working in factories making $9.00 an hour still have jobs and will have jobs in the future, there's a simple explaination to that conundrum, those that were making $24.00 an hour in UAW factories weren't worth that much. The union geniuses priced much of their own membership right out of the labor market. :oops:
Hogwash, you want to blame the workers? You my man are as full shit as they come. Place the blame on over paid executives, the politicians, the insurance companies, the over inflated value of property, inflated taxes and the union bosses but don't you dare blame a working man/woman for the desire to make enough to feed his/her family and live in a decent home. You shot any credibility you had right out the window. "stand4liberty" my aching ass.

Rodishi, you're right to the point where the individual is entitled to make the best he or she can make... but where the government comes in and forces employers to bargain collectively; where that collective workforce, uses coercive means to force employers to pay beyond the means of the market margins, THAT Collective workforce is directly responsible for the inevitable demise of that business.

Such was the case in the US Textile industry, the US Steel Industry and now the US Auto industry...

Such will soon be the case with the US financial services industry and the Health industry.
Were not our steel industries sold to outside interest?

Do any of you remember Bethlehem Steel?

While your at it where was US Steel when they degutted Bethlehem Steel?

Now tell me corporates and ceo's are indispensable. When you take a bunch of out of control corporates and their lacky's and give them free reign because you want your stocks to turn you deserve the outcome when the glass menagerie get's smashed. These things happen when you captivate a market so tightly that you squeeze the breath out of the very market you sought to profit from. It's called GREED!

When our legislators cater to the capitalist at the expense of all who the hell has a right to be surprised at the outcome?

There is only so much profit available in any market. It don't matter which end of the log gets cut first. The whole log only produces a given amount of boards. Now let's argue about the thickness of the boards. Because that's where we are at right now in this mess. There comes a point when there is no logs left to cut. Who's fault is it that there are no logs? Let's argue about that too. Oh, btw let's go take out the little private enterprise guy that planted trees fifteen years ago. We don't want him on our ladder.

HAHAHA! now THAT is rich.. yea.. it sure is the left who is looking for illegals as cheap labor in the US!

oh man.. you people crack me up!

yes,, the largest populations in the US of KKKA are in the states of California and New York... democwat strongholds both.. and the American Samoans?? why they work for little nan.:eek: fact is wasn't pop up recently caught on tape telling a room full of illegals how wonderful they were?? how much they were needed?? why yes by golly I think she was yes,, so you guys can stop with the dishonest fuckery of telling us how much American jobs matter..

Last edited:
There is only so much profit available in any market. It don't matter which end of the log gets cut first. The whole log only produces a given amount of boards. Now let's argue about the thickness of the boards. Because that's where we are at right now in this mess. There comes a point when there is no logs left to cut. Who's fault is it that there are no logs? Let's argue about that too. Oh, btw let's go take out the little private enterprise guy that planted trees fifteen years ago. We don't want him on our ladder.
Problem being that the same people who have seized control over determining the thickness of the boards are also writing building codes, which declare those boards to be out of code, then telling the sawmill operators how much they may or may not make to produce boards nobody wants, and are telling the tree farmer that he can't chop down his crop in order to save some "endangered" species of wood tick.

Last edited:
I did read it. twenty-four dollars and hour ain't shit. Now the medical insurance and benefits are. Where does that fall? Those twenty-four dollar an hour employees can't determine what the cost of their benefits are. Blame the insurance companies....

It is if your competitors are paying $9.00 an hour for the same labor and building superior products too boot, you can't stay in business doing that for very long and the UAW instead of reading the hand writing on the wall (and it's been there for YEARS) kept demanding more and more all along. They essentially wouldn't give in until the last shoe dropped and when that happened it was too little too late.

There's plenty of blame to go around for the failure of GM & Chrysler, but the post I was responding to was specifically bitching about the loss of $24.00 an hour factory jobs in favor of $9.00 an hour factory jobs, perhaps you should consider the context before going off on a friggin tangent next time.... just a thought.
We have here a bucket of shit. It is worthless. It stinks. Everybody knows it stinks. And there is a whole lot of shit out there. Now let's convince everybody that shit is bad. Let's regulate how we're going to get rid of all this shit. We're going to create a market for all this worthless shit. We'll make a killing. We're the only ones anymore that has any shit. Since we're the only one's that has any shit. we can drive the price up as high as we want because nobody else has it. Let's hire some dicklipped ceo to market this thing for us and we'll convince everybody that he's a f'n genius and put him in there as our stooley. market shares in a bunch of worthless shit will go through the roof. The only thing we have to do is make sure that no one else ever comes in possession of shit. Therefore, let's get to the colleges where we can have pick of the crop from a bunch of brain washed kids and get them on our team. Hell, you can tell them anything and they'll believe it. All we gotta do is pay them. We'll have them be our guard dogs to make sure no one else ever gets any shit. Hell this ship outta sail for at least fifty years. By then who cares. We will have made our money. Ha, pretty neat huh? And who would ever thought a bucket of worthless shit could have ever accomplished this? It just goes to show how people can be lead around by the nose.

With a corporation as HUGE as Walmart, would you really ever expect them to have the interests of the people in mind? They have been destroying American businesses for decades by creating prices that an independent store could never dream of matching, therefore driving all of the business towards Walmart stores.

So much for buy american! walmart to outsource even more!

Never been in a Walmart....I won't give our enemies a single penny I don't have to.

Anyone that shops there is commiting an act of treason as far as I am concerned.

With a corporation as HUGE as Walmart, would you really ever expect them to have the interests of the people in mind? They have been destroying American businesses for decades by creating prices that an independent store could never dream of matching, therefore driving all of the business towards Walmart stores.
And to take note. Their chief legal council is now Obama's new Secretary of State. Yep, look'n good America.

Bullshit.

That same willfully ignorant bilge was pumped all over the town of Steamboat Springs, CO, twenty years ago, when Wally World proposed building a store there.

"Oooohhh Nooooo!" screeched the doomsayers...."The'll kill Lincoln Avenue, then jack up their prices so we'll all be beholden to the Eeeeevilll Emmmpiiiiirrrre to buy our stuff!!"

Only two downtown businesses closed their doors: Ben Franklin and Gamble's....And who has seen a Ben Franklin or Gamble's ANYWHERE lately??...So the connection to Wally World is strained, at best.

I can't say that I NEVER purchase Chinese manufactured products but I will say that if I have an alternative, I'll take it.
That's cool, I was just illustrating a point regarding human action and the value calculations that drive them.

Look, I'm not judging you for shopping at Walmart.
Well that's good because to be perfectly honest with you, I've never even been in a Wal Mart store, let alone purchased anything from that company. :D

um, did you happen to miss each occasion where i've posted deficit numbers thus far? I can't say that I'm shocked given how far your head is up your own ass.
Why would I or anyone else wanna discuss such a thing with someone who's clearly an ill informed, rapid protectionist that offers up nothing but foul-mouthed invectives to anyone that even hints at disagreeing with him? Hell it's like talking to a 3rd grader with turrets syndrome from crying out loud ... so I do what I suspect most other rational people do, namely I ignore you until I feel like getting a laugh by pushing your buttons.. then I put you back in /dev/null when I'm done laughing, all-in-all you're rather like a wind up, foul mouthed jack-in-box in that regard.

Ciao

Forum List

Back