So much beauty/ So much ugliness

So I don't understand how SO MANY here can witness SUCH HORRIBLE suffering and just shrug it off as poeple do NOT deserve to live healthy and reletively happy lives. There is indeed MASSIVE suffering in our OWN country but suffering in "third world" countries can be alleviated with VERY LITTLE money and effort compared to the expense of caring for those in the US.

CLEAN WATER for example can be inexpensively provided to villages RAVAGED by contaminated water. This SIMPLE act could save THOUSANDS of lives.

MAIN PAGE | DONATE | WHO WE ARE | OUR APPROACH | CONTACT US

Let me start off by saying – Global Water is an international, non-profit, humanitarian organization founded in 1982. We’re focused on creating safe water supplies, sanitation facilities and hygiene-related facilities for rural villagers in developing countries. We believe the lack of safe drinking water and sanitation facilities are the root causes of hunger, disease and poverty throughout the developing world. Our water projects have an immediate life-changing impact, particularly for women and children, who have the responsibility to gather water for their families every day of their lives in the developing world. Successful Global Water projects utilize water and sanitation as a tool to create sustainable socioeconomic development in these poor rural communities. MORE »

CLEAN WATER for example can be inexpensively provided to villages RAVAGED by contaminated water. This SIMPLE act could save THOUSANDS of lives.

MAIN PAGE | DONATE | WHO WE ARE | OUR APPROACH | CONTACT US

Let me start off by saying – Global Water is an international, non-profit, humanitarian organization founded in 1982. We’re focused on creating safe water supplies, sanitation facilities and hygiene-related facilities for rural villagers in developing countries. We believe the lack of safe drinking water and sanitation facilities are the root causes of hunger, disease and poverty throughout the developing world. Our water projects have an immediate life-changing impact, particularly for women and children, who have the responsibility to gather water for their families every day of their lives in the developing world. Successful Global Water projects utilize water and sanitation as a tool to create sustainable socioeconomic development in these poor rural communities. MORE »

Many of the countries in such turmoil would require our full attention for very extended periods of time. Take Haiti as an example, as much as I hate to say this, the earthquake may actually turn out to be a positive thing for them. Their local governments were not much more than the strongest local gangs. With all of this attention someone may stick around and help install some order there and create a better environment for them to live in. In Haiti, before the earthquake, if your were cruising down a street and saw plywood or cardboard lean to, you were looking at someone's house! Let's hope this international attention benefits them. God willing.

Forum List

Back