So much beauty/ So much ugliness

Food, shelter, security, and the right to choose how you live your life.

You do not have a human "right" to any of those things, and certainly not for free. They're all privileges, which come with hard work, and if not hard work on your part, the good graces of someone else. You can choose how you live your life, so long as you live it according to current laws and regulations.

Really, you have no rights that you are entitled to just by being born.

My point here is that there is WAY to much VENOM on this and any other message board and I have to ask WHY! We are all Americans and DESPITE our differences I think we have more in COMMON then we have differences. This is my call to EVERYONE here to find our commonalities and build upon those rather than attack eachother over EVERY LITTLE difference that we have. We can work TOGETHER to rebuild our country.

My point here is that there is WAY to much VENOM on this and any other message board and I have to ask WHY! We are all Americans and DESPITE our differences I think we have more in COMMON then we have differences. This is my call to EVERYONE here to find our commonalities and build upon those rather than attack eachother over EVERY LITTLE difference that we have. We can work TOGETHER to rebuild our country.

I think if we try we will find we have SO MANY things in common and SO FEW significant differences. WE ARE AMERICANS!!!! We need no other similarities boyond that fact. Let's CELEBRATE our patriotism and do what we can to improve our great nation, however small that act may be. Volunteer at your local VA and play chess or read a book to a VETERAN! Join a "Paint the Town" movement and repair an elderly persons house. Give a few hours a month to help at your local food bank. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Well some people take the word SMUG to be an insult.

Seriously? Anyone that takes "smug" to be an insult is likely wearing their underwear 3 sizes too small.

adjective

Definition:

self-satisfied: conceited and self-satisfied

Sounds like an insult to me.
It's a definition, stupid. And it fits you like a glove.

Everything's about YOU. Add "self-involved" to the list and try to work on it all.

Without dreams of hope and pride a man will die
Though his flesh still moves his heart sleeps in the grave
Without land man never dreams cause he's not free
All men need a place to live with dignity.
Take the crumbs from starving soldiers, they won't die
Lord said not by bread alone does man survive
Take the food from hungry children, they won't cry
Food alone won't ease the hunger in their eyes.

Every child belongs to mankind's family
Children are the fruit of all humanity
Let them feel the love of all the human race
Touch them with the warmth, the strength of that embrace.

Give me love and understanding, I will thrive
As my children grow my dreams come alive
Those who hear the cries of children. god will bless
I will always hear the children of Sanchez.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=EmzClA1uRqM&feature=related]YouTube - Chuck Mangione - Children of Sanchez pt1[/ame]

I heard that Obama is putting together a special team of advisers and appointing a special Czar to help figure out how to blame this Earthquake on President Bush.

Sadly I find even MYSELF taking a sick satisfaction in saying things I KNOW will hurt those who disagree with me. Thankfully I am aware that hurting others ultimately hurts myself even more than the subject of my attacks. I am aware that hurting others directly contradicts the MAN I want to be and therefore lessens me not only in others eyes but most importantly in my own eyes.

To all on this board I ask for more DECENCY and less ANGER and NASTINESS......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join me in at least TRYING to be more respectful of your fellow human beings in EVERY aspect of your lives.

Peace and good will to all,
Kevin

:clap2:

Funny, this is about where I am with all the attacks and quick accusations. It is easier to come up with something accusatory or some kind of name calling or taunting than to just ignore what you consider offensive or personal. I have found myself at the end of a 3 paragraph rant toward other people lately just to re read it before I hit send and say... Fuck this, why did I waste my time? And just erase it.

I'm getting old :razz:

Sadly I find even MYSELF taking a sick satisfaction in saying things I KNOW will hurt those who disagree with me. Thankfully I am aware that hurting others ultimately hurts myself even more than the subject of my attacks. I am aware that hurting others directly contradicts the MAN I want to be and therefore lessens me not only in others eyes but most importantly in my own eyes.

To all on this board I ask for more DECENCY and less ANGER and NASTINESS......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join me in at least TRYING to be more respectful of your fellow human beings in EVERY aspect of your lives.

Peace and good will to all,
Kevin

:clap2:

Funny, this is about where I am with all the attacks and quick accusations. It is easier to come up with something accusatory or some kind of name calling or taunting than to just ignore what you consider offensive or personal. I have found myself at the end of a 3 paragraph rant toward other people lately just to re read it before I hit send and say... Fuck this, why did I waste my time? And just erase it.

I'm getting old :razz:

Good for you. Attacks and belittling of others accomplishing NOTHING towards resolution od disagreements.

Attacks and belittling of others accomplishing NOTHING towards resolution od disagreements.
One cannot resolve disagreements with committed ideologues or those who are so over-emotional they cannot reason at all.

I won't talk about how you don't even begin to practice what you're preaching.

Forum List

Back