So much beauty/ So much ugliness

Cold Fusion38

SUPER GENIUS
I am in kind of a mood today so you who know me here may find a couple of my threads kind of strange coming from me but here it goes.

I see people rushing to Haiti to help people in need. Some people are donating money that is in VERY short supply for so many. I see SELFLESS acts of charity, acts of charity without any desire to be SEEN doing good deeds. I see true GOODNESS in my fellow human beings, things that make me believe that our world our UNIVERSE has a SLIGHTLY more positive "charge" if you will. I have a sense of HOPE when I see people of ALL faiths and ALL nationalities stepping up to help a country THOUSANDS of miles away. A country unlike our own. A country with rituals and religions completely unlike what we know and live. A painfully impoverished nation that has virtually NO resources of their own in DESPERATE need of help. It reminds me of the Tsunami victims in Indonesia where we mobilized our military not for conquest but for a purely HUMANITARIAN mission.

Sadly I find that GREAT works of EVIL are ALMOST as common. Wars are waged and acts of brutality befall countries and CIVILIANS. Worse yet MOST of the pain falls upon the WEAKEST of society those LEAST able to fight for their basic human rights. I see examples of CORRUPTION so VILE that I can not bring myself to list to most disturbing examples.

Sadly I find even MYSELF taking a sick satisfaction in saying things I KNOW will hurt those who disagree with me. Thankfully I am aware that hurting others ultimately hurts myself even more than the subject of my attacks. I am aware that hurting others directly contradicts the MAN I want to be and therefore lessens me not only in others eyes but most importantly in my own eyes. As an atheist I have a code of conduct that I believe allows me to act as I wish but ONLY so long as I don't infringe on the rights of OTHERS to not be injured by my actions. I have violated that code of conduct more times than I would like to admit. I take FULL responsibilities for my actions and for those I have hurt I appologize in earnest and I hope I can repair the damage I have done and regain the respect of those whom I have wronged.

Our world is SUCH a contradiction. SO MUCH GOOD and SO MUCH EVIL. Sometimes I see a story on the news about a crime so VILE that I wonder if humanity will survive with that kind of SICKNESS and I wonder if we even should. But then I think about all the acts of GOOD that don't get airtime in a news cycle that believes "If it Bleeds it leads". I hold to the hope that someday our DIFFERENCES will be seen as STRENGTHS, that people will be VALUED because of their unique views and contributions to humanity..........

To all on this board I ask for more DECENCY and less ANGER and NASTINESS......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join me in at least TRYING to be more respectful of your fellow human beings in EVERY aspect of your lives.

Peace and good will to all,
Kevin

I am in kind of a mood today so you who know me here may find a couple of my threads kind of strange coming from me but here it goes.

I see people rushing to Haiti to help people in need. Some people are donating money that is in VERY short supply for so many. I see SELFLESS acts of charity, acts of charity without any desire to be SEEN doing good deeds. I see true GOODNESS in my fellow human beings, things that make me believe that our world our UNIVERSE has a SLIGHTLY more positive "charge" if you will. I have a sense of HOPE when I see people of ALL faiths and ALL nationalities stepping up to help a country THOUSANDS of miles away. A country unlike our own. A country with rituals and religions completely unlike what we know and live. A painfully impoverished nation that has virtually NO resources of their own in DESPERATE need of help. It reminds me of the Tsunami victims in Indonesia where we mobilized our military not for conquest but for a purely HUMANITARIAN mission.

Sadly I find that GREAT works of EVIL are ALMOST as common. Wars are waged and acts of brutality befall countries and CIVILIANS. Worse yet MOST of the pain falls upon the WEAKEST of society those LEAST able to fight for their basic human rights. I see examples of CORRUPTION so VILE that I can not bring myself to list to most disturbing examples.

Sadly I find even MYSELF taking a sick satisfaction in saying things I KNOW will hurt those who disagree with me. Thankfully I am aware that hurting others ultimately hurts myself even more than the subject of my attacks. I am aware that hurting others directly contradicts the MAN I want to be and therefore lessens me not only in others eyes but most importantly in my own eyes. As an atheist I have a code of conduct that I believe allows me to act as I wish but ONLY so long as I don't infringe on the rights of OTHERS to not be injured by my actions. I have violated that code of conduct more times than I would like to admit. I take FULL responsibilities for my actions and for those I have hurt I appologize in earnest and I hope I can repair the damage I have done and regain the respect of those whom I have wronged.

Our world is SUCH a contradiction. SO MUCH GOOD and SO MUCH EVIL. Sometimes I see a story on the news about a crime so VILE that I wonder if humanity will survive with that kind of SICKNESS and I wonder if we even should. But then I think about all the acts of GOOD that don't get airtime in a news cycle that believes "If it Bleeds it leads". I hold to the hope that someday our DIFFERENCES will be seen as STRENGTHS, that people will be VALUED because of their unique views and contributions to humanity..........

To all on this board I ask for more DECENCY and less ANGER and NASTINESS......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join me in at least TRYING to be more respectful of your fellow human beings in EVERY aspect of your lives.

Peace and good will to all,
Kevin

Peace to you too Kevin

I think situations like Haiti show the basic good in people. They put aside their political persuasion, religious beliefs and nationalism to help people they don't know that are in desperate need.

It is not just the US, but people around the world

While I agree with most of your post, I have to ask what "basic human rights" do you think people are entitled to that they "least able to fight for"?

Forum List

Back