So "Mary Poppins" is Racist.

I always knew Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews were bigoted racists! You can tell just by looking at them and from the lyrics of their songs. Now we know where Kate Smith got the idea!

Chim chiminey is code speak for you know what!

‘Mary Poppins,’ and a Nanny’s Shameful Flirting With Blackface

Dick Van Dyke plays a chimney sweep. But the soot on his face is racism.

More righteous hypersensitivity. The Regressive Left has lost its marbles.
tmp_y6jcO2_625d419bb2fa2078_M4DMAPO_EC006.jpg
That isnt really what the article is saying. I havent read the books or seen the films so I cant comment on the content, But the writer does raise interesting points.
People can interpret thing in all ways because of the times we live in. So when I watch a commercial and hear white boy this and white boy that I know there is no animosity and hate. And the rap songs, oh the rap songs. And the one way comedy. And movies and TV programs with the same spiel. We have to many people with social justice degrees milking the system with easy lives while promoting racial conflict. Perhaps degrees in real jobs that are needed would improve things for us all. This is not removing obvious racial wrongs, this is removing the identity of the white race. And when it is replaced, you won't like the results.
The article highlights the racist roots in the original book. You could argue that it was "of the time" when society itself was backward and unjust .I have some sympathy with that. The UK still had its colonies and the US still treated blacks as non citizens.
The literature of the time reflected this.I dont see any great artistic issues with removing racial slurs from kids books like Mary Poppins. But I would have a problem when it comes to great works of art like Huck Finn.
This is not a war on white people.Read the article.
There is a war on white people. From every angle accomplishments are being erased slowly. History should be a teacher also. Little things like a few years ago the U of Pa. literature school replaced an artifact/photo of Shakespeare with an African American woman. This is silly.

LOTR is TOO WHITE.
In Middle Earth, Must All Hobbits Be White?

Game of Thrones is TOO WHITE. *even though it's not, really* CHANGE IT!
Is "Game of Thrones" too white?

Why aren't there any trans women of color in this videogame set in a realistic depiction of Medieval eastern Europe?!
Kingdom Come Deliverance’s quest for historical accuracy is a fool’s errand

I get the fact that the book itself may have some parts that make some people today uncomfortable, but you know what, too fucking bad.

Are we going to completely sanitize the past by banning it from today's world ? Is this really the direction we want to go in ?

I've got to tell you, these "cleansers" today, concern me a lot more than the people of the past that were simply part of their time and culture.

I will sound like a broken record, but once again, this is the sort of reason why Trump is in office, and why so many of us will defend him to the end.

You leftists are the ones who have brought us to this point. You need to take responsibility for the massive divide in this country today.

That isnt really what the article is saying. I havent read the books or seen the films so I cant comment on the content, But the writer does raise interesting points.
Hitler's goal want to murder Jews and opposing Armies, it was to improve Germanys economy. I guess he has some interesting points too. Fascists always do.
It is the work of a genius to connect a literary critique of a kids book to Adolf Hitler. A staggering achievement.
First they came for those at Little House on the Prarie, then they came for those who happily sing and dance portraying poor working class chimney sweeps in Mary Poppins, then HE headed to Russia yet unfortunately Poland and all of the Jews of eastern Europe were in the way of Hitlers big plan! Fascism grows over time from intolerance to hate. WATCH 3 Billboards in Ebbing Missouri movie because it is about how hate begets hate.

Last edited:

Hitler's goal want to murder Jews and opposing Armies, it was to improve Germanys economy. I guess he has some interesting points too. Fascists always do.
It is the work of a genius to connect a literary critique of a kids book to Adolf Hitler. A staggering achievement.
First they came for those at Little House on the Prarie, then they came for those who happily sing and dance portraying poor working class chimney sweeps in Mary Poppins, then HE headed to Russia yet unfortunately Poland and all of the Jews of eastern Europe were in the way of Hitlers big plan!
Or you could read the article.

Sadly for you it isn't just the regressive left, it is your entire party. And yes, I know you claim to be a centrist and not a Democrat. Problem is I don't believe you.
Wrong. Please see line 2 of my sig. I hide nothing.

But yes, this madness appears to be consuming most of the party at this point.

Sadly for you it isn't just the regressive left, it is your entire party. And yes, I know you claim to be a centrist and not a Democrat. Problem is I don't believe you.

First, I can't see sigs on my phone.
Second I think I know you well enough to make the statement I did. You have a posting history ya know

I never watched Mary Poppins that closely. Well, too bad for them. The article paints a very pervasive racist picture.

First, I can't see sigs on my phone.
Second I think I know you well enough to make the statement I did. You have a posting history ya know
Okay then, whatever you'd like. But I've never claimed to be a centrist, ever, so you just made that up.

Okay then, whatever you'd like. But I've never claimed to be a centrist, ever, so you just made that up.

You claim to be a centrist all the time, whining that "Wingers" have taken over the parties...

Oh, never mind, wouldn't want you to hurt your brain thinking about it.
One of the sports reporters a black man called out the Yankees about not playing Kate Smith songs. They did not hire black guys in that era. The Yankees need to be disbanded. In fact all sports teams that practiced segregation need to be disbanded! Flyers fans should boo every game in their stadium for removing the Kate Smith statue.

Winds in the east, theres a mist comin' in
Like somethin' is brewin' and 'bout to begin.
Can't put me finger on what lies in store,
But I feel what's to happen all happened before.

Let the cleansing begin !!

Burning the Past – A Ritual for Cleansing

Burning Equipment – a large flame-proof pot or bowl, or an outdoor fireplace. Matches. Long tongs. Don’t use one of your good bowls or pots! Go to a second-hand store and find a big old saucepan or cauldron, or see if you have an old brass or metal bowl in the back of a cupboard. You could also use a barbeque pit or a campfire, or a terracotta pot. Be sensible about your burning. Burn outside, observing fire restrictions and keeping your fire away from anything that might catch alight.

Gathering Your Burning Fodder – Never burn in the heat of the moment! A calm, thoughtful and considered burning is much more powerful and effective. Begin by finding images, letters or other material related to the situation. Don’t burn any legal documents. Don’t burn anything out of spite. All you are looking for is material that can REPRESENT what you wish to release. For example, old photographs or letters, old newspaper clippings or advertising – anything that holds emotion for you and that you can afford to send up in flames. If you have no images or material, then sit down and write a letter to the person or persons involved, or a summary of what has gone wrong and what you wish to let go of.

The Ritual

You can burn alone, or you can burn with friends or loved ones. Choose what is appropriate to you.

Sit in front of your pot or burning space, hold the images/paper in your hands and just speak from the heart about what this represents to you and why you need to let this go. Finish with the words I release you. I am done.

Then burn that stuff to ashes! Feel the flames eating up and rendering that old energy into nothingness. Let it all go. That’s why we need to do this ritual outside, where the old energy can escape and be diffused on the wind. You don’t ever want to do this ritual INSIDE your home – you want that old energy gone!

One of the sports reporters a black man called out the Yankees about not playing Kate Smith songs. They did not hire black guys in that era. The Yankees need to be disbanded. In fact all sports teams that practiced segregation need to be disbanded! Flyers fans should boo every game in their stadium for removing the Kate Smith statue.

What did that have to do with my point.

The lyrics to the Kate Smith song were pretty damned offensive, BTW.

Here's the thing. The Source Material was pretty damned racist before it got "Disneyfied". The thing is, old Walt was kind of a racist himself.

So let's agree, that some stuff crossed the line... like "Song of the South", which even Disney hides in the closet like a crazy uncle.

Give Disney enough time, they'll just remake everything with creepier than shit CGI, and you'll all forget the originals anyway.

Forum List

Back