So many people seem irrational and illogical about the mass murder issue

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Only one issue caused this tragedy yet most of you are going on and on about everything from guns to newspapers.

Mental capacity is the only issue that matters. All else is nothing more than politics and personal agendas.

An AR15 doesn't kill unless the trigger is pulled. And even then it doesn't fire any faster than most pistols.

Movies don't kill ever.

Video games don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

Sane people don't kill unless forced to.

The mentally challenged kill for seemingly any reason.

But by all means lets focus on everything but the illness.

The gun control people want so-called assault weapons and hi-capacity magazines banned. That may well be mostly symbolic as opposed to being a substantive solution to the problem,

HOWEVER,

the gun rights extremists want no such things done, period,

BUT

the gun rights extremists have absolutely nothing of substance to offer as an alternative,

THEREFORE,

their position is essentially to do nothing.

The problem is, the mainstream of America will not settle for doing nothing in the face of these repeated horrific tragedies.

Advice to gun rights people, come up with viable alternatives to banning guns that mainstream America will accept, and that will ultimately work,

or be resigned to seeing your gun rights narrowed.

I agree that it would be nice if people would actually put forth a proposal instead of just making statements that are light on substance but heavy with implication. Ay a minimum, people who own dangerous weapons should be held responsible for their misuse.

Only one issue caused this tragedy......

Everything's temporary......

That's ONE!!!

dicks-sporting-good-store.jpg

827.gif

It's all bullshit, If conservatives ever came to the table willing to actually take a even a BB gun away from any mentally ill person I would probably fall over in disbelief.

Mass murders account for 1% of all murders.

363895e7-48cb-40d9-a63d-d486725fc65f-01f.png

For those of you who can't do the math

71,945 murder victims

774 of those were in so called mass murders

774/71945 = .0107 or 1.07%

funny how USA today calls mass murders "frighteningly common"

Only one issue caused this tragedy yet most of you are going on and on about everything from guns to newspapers.

Mental capacity is the only issue that matters. All else is nothing more than politics and personal agendas.

An AR15 doesn't kill unless the trigger is pulled. And even then it doesn't fire any faster than most pistols.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban since 1994 identical to the federal ban...it never sunset.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

The most predominat thing to have prevented this is if the mother had been wise enough to lock those damn weapons up. If anything we need laws that hold the registered owners of guns responsible for whatever happens to those guns. If mom was alive I'd put her ass in prison.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

The most predominat thing to have prevented this is if the mother had been wise enough to lock those damn weapons up. If anything we need laws that hold the registered owners of guns responsible for whatever happens to those guns. If mom was alive I'd put her ass in prison.

I won't even pass that judgment since I don't know how she stored her guns.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

You stupid old man, without a gun, the crazy fuck would have smashed the window at the school with his forehead. Problem solved.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

You stupid old man, without a gun, the crazy fuck would have smashed the window at the school with his forehead. Problem solved.

Guns are and will continue to be legal. But your childish simpleton logic is noted

The gun control people want so-called assault weapons and hi-capacity magazines banned. That may well be mostly symbolic as opposed to being a substantive solution to the problem,

HOWEVER,

the gun rights extremists want no such things done, period,

BUT

the gun rights extremists have absolutely nothing of substance to offer as an alternative,

THEREFORE,

their position is essentially to do nothing.

The problem is, the mainstream of America will not settle for doing nothing in the face of these repeated horrific tragedies.

Advice to gun rights people, come up with viable alternatives to banning guns that mainstream America will accept, and that will ultimately work,

or be resigned to seeing your gun rights narrowed.

Have you visited your girlfriend Amy Bishop and discussed this issue with her? Amy who? This Amy..

2010 University of Alabama in Huntsville shooting - Wikipedia, the ...
Amy Bishop, a biology professor at the university and the sole suspect, was
charged with one count of capital murder and three counts of attempted murder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_University_of_Alabama_in_Huntsville_shooting -

Funny I didn't hear a peep coming from you then.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

Facts is gramps, they weren't secure. Her unstable son gained access to them.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

We live in a society that aggrandizes guns and death. We see guns and death multiple times per day on television, in our games, and in the news. Without a doubt, Americans are exposed to much more of this than people of almost any other country. Now, I will agree that almost all of these mass shootings are committed by people who are mentally challenged. Of course, having easy access to guns makes things much easier for them to follow through with their deranged plans. Denying this is absurd at best. I don't care if we want to make the argument that having the right to bear arms leaves us open to these mass killings and it's a price we must pay for having the right to own as many guns as we want. That is a fair argument, but to deny that having so many guns available does not at all contribute to the success of these mass killers is ridiculous.

There is one thing to keep in mind when it comes to these lunatics; their end goal is to commit suicide. They just want to take as many with them as possible. This is why having guns is a great tool for them, because with a gun they are in control, and they can decide when to end the game on their own terms. As irrational as they are, they know what it is they are doing, and they do remain in control until the end.

Facts is gramps, they weren't secure. Her unstable son gained access to them.

I've heard conflicting reports. Some say she kept them locked and he must have stolen her keys as she slept while others say they werent locked. Fact is I don't know the facts so I won't judge.

She does make a good scapegoat for gun advocates though. If she was irresponsible then she paid the ultimate price and pissing on her grave solves nothing.

Its all very sad

The fact, Gramps, is that everyone is suggesting that we address the mental health issue. For some reason, you have not heard these calls.

But......that is not the ONLY thing that can be addressed. For some other reason, you want it to be. Your unwillingness to accept that the weapons themselves play a role is odd.

Movies don't kill ever.

Media doesn't kill ever.

and beyond that--it seems that a very small and esoteric group of mentally ill people choose to commit this sort of crime.

Forum List

Back