So many black people love going to "Ocean City Maryland" and I can't get a clear as to why

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Everyone just says it has a nice board walk and beach. My brother said it reminds him of LA

I just wish someone can tell me what the big appeal to black people is at Ocean Maryland. I may just have go down there my damm self

Everyone just says it has a nice board walk and beach. My brother said it reminds him of LA

I just wish someone can tell me what the big appeal to black people is at Ocean Maryland. I may just have go down there my damm self

Been going down there on family vacations since childhood. I also lived down there a few summers on leave from the Army, and lived in Salisbury, MD . . . about a half-hour from the inlet. I've also lived just north of LA. Overall, I have to say Ocean City, MD is much nicer than any Cali beach I've spent time on. Of course, I am also a lifelong fisherman so I love to fish the inlet, the sea walls, jetties and piers . . . and from the surf both in O.C. and from Assateague Island. The beaches are clean, packed in the late spring/early summer to mid-fall, but waves are normally good and can get awesome before and after storms with some dangerous rip currents.

There's plenty of nightlife if that's your thing, both in the city proper and West Ocean City across the inlet if you know where to look. There's a small amusement park on the boardwalk, tons of shops and great restaurants, and days worth of soaking up local culture and cuisine, unless you're one of those in and out for the steamed crabs and boardwalk fries types of tourists. I can't speak to culture specific appeal such as you ask, but in the many, many years of summers and some winters I've been down there, I've met people of all nationalities and backgrounds. Foreign exchange students flood the place every year to work in boardwalk shops. And then there's Berlin, MD a few miles outside of O.C. which is a small, quaint and mostly black town. Don't know if that helps. But if you plan on heading down there you can hit me up for some fishing tips, if you like.

Been going down there on family vacations since childhood. I also lived down there a few summers on leave from the Army, and lived in Salisbury, MD . . . about a half-hour from the inlet. I've also lived just north of LA. Overall, I have to say Ocean City, MD is much nicer than any Cali beach I've spent time on. Of course, I am also a lifelong fisherman so I love to fish the inlet, the sea walls, jetties and piers . . . and from the surf both in O.C. and from Assateague Island. The beaches are clean, packed in the late spring/early summer to mid-fall, but waves are normally good and can get awesome before and after storms with some dangerous rip currents.

There's plenty of nightlife if that's your thing, both in the city proper and West Ocean City across the inlet if you know where to look. There's a small amusement park on the boardwalk, tons of shops and great restaurants, and days worth of soaking up local culture and cuisine, unless you're one of those in and out for the steamed crabs and boardwalk fries types of tourists. I can't speak to culture specific appeal such as you ask, but in the many, many years of summers and some winters I've been down there, I've met people of all nationalities and backgrounds. Foreign exchange students flood the place every year to work in boardwalk shops. And then there's Berlin, MD a few miles outside of O.C. which is a small, quaint and mostly black town. Don't know if that helps. But if you plan on heading down there you can hit me up for some fishing tips, if you like.

Im thinking that it's all black people down there since I hear black people saying every year.......IM going to Ocean city Maryland lol

Im thinking that it's all black people down there since I hear black people saying every year.

Sounds amazing!

Yeah if it's civilized blacks and not the ZOO TYPE
When preparing for the crowd consider the cost involved to be there. If it's free... Be careful.

FREE???
Well, last time I checked Ocean Beach was a public beach and therefore free for everyone to enter. Correct?
Beware of free shit. Free attracts everyone. Everyone...sucks.

Im thinking that it's all black people down there since I hear black people saying every year.......IM going to Ocean city Maryland lol
So you've never been there?

Dude, that's the peach pie sploshing capital of the world. Every respectable tiny footed big azz smelly farting latina tranny knows that.

That's where they all congregate.

Didn't you know that? No wonder you haven't gotten married yet.

Last edited:

Dude, that's the peach pie sploshing capital of the world. Every respectable tiny footed big azz smelly farting latina tranny knows that.

No I never been there. I rather spend a weekend at one of the top hotels at Vegas or AC since I am a gambler now

I've only been there once and it as during the summer of 1990 when I was only eight years old. I thought it was fun.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No I never been there. I rather spend a weekend at one of the top hotels at Vegas or AC since I am a gambler now
Oh, really? Gambling, huh? Well now there’s a new career path that sounds like it’s just chock full of future success for you, by golly!

Always remover Rule #1...The more you bet, the more you win.
Go big?

Oh, really? Gambling, huh? Well now there’s a new career path that sounds like it’s just chock full of future success for you, by golly!

Go big?

once the background check for this state govt job is complete and i get a start date oh i will go big. I will change my screen name from FBJ to....BIG TIME lol

I don’t know about ocmd but there’s a hell of a lot more black people that come to ocean city, NJ these days. When I was a kid you would almost never see a black person on the boardwalk. Maybe a few sporadically and that’s it. There’s a section 8 housing spot on a block here and a bunch of them live there but otherwise that’s about it. My guess is that the economy is doing very well and so are black people and they can afford to take that kind of vacation now. Smart black people don’t want to be around only black areas because they’re SMART.

I don’t know about ocmd but there’s a hell of a lot more black people that come to ocean city, NJ these days. When I was a kid you would almost never see a black person on the boardwalk. Maybe a few sporadically and that’s it. There’s a section 8 housing spot on a block here and a bunch of them live there but otherwise that’s about it. My guess is that the economy is doing very well and so are black people and they can afford to take that kind of vacation now. Smart black people don’t want to be around only black areas because they’re SMART.

when i went to OC nj in 95 we were the only black family down there lol maybe 2 more but that was it

when i went to OC nj in 95 we were the only black family down there lol maybe 2 more but that was it
I’m not gonna lie man, the ones you see here nowadays are just thugs. This is gonna come off as racist but it is what it is: Black people are their own worst enemy. White people that simply hate black people for their skin color alone are a small minority. Most white people recognize that blacks have a lot of trouble assimilating to a normal society and tend to create problems wherever they gather together to live in large numbers. We don’t care that you’re black for crying out loud just behave like normal law abiding courteous citizens and we can all live together in harmony

I’m not gonna lie man, the ones you see here nowadays are just thugs. This is gonna come off as racist but it is what it is: Black people are their own worst enemy. White people that simply hate black people for their skin color alone are a small minority. Most white people recognize that blacks have a lot of trouble assimilating to a normal society and tend to create problems wherever they gather together to live in large numbers. We don’t care that you’re black for crying out loud just behave like normal law abiding courteous citizens and we can all live together in harmony

yeah black trash

Go big?

once the background check for this state govt job is complete and i get a start date oh i will go big. I will change my screen name from FBJ to....BIG TIME lol
There you go. Can’t think of a better way to invest all that additional income you’ll be enjoying from your new job than the big bucks potential of a gambling casino. Go for it! You’re sure to be on their comp list in no time.

I have been going every year for 30 years

Haven’t seen it as a destination for blacks. There are some black families but no more than you would expect anywhere

If you like swimming in the ocean surf, boardwalk food and games, rides, jet skiing, fishing.....it is the place to be

Good seafood, crabs, some decent restaurants and clubs

I have been going every year for 30 years

Haven’t seen it as a destination for blacks. There are some black families but no more than you would expect anywhere

If you like swimming in the ocean surf, boardwalk food and games, rides, jet skiing, fishing.....it is the place to be

Good seafood, crabs, some decent restaurants and clubs

The fishing can be excellent from shore, if you know where to go. Flounder in channels on the daytime, incoming tide along with schools of small to medium size bluefish and shad (catch and release only). Rockfish, sea trout and schools of large blues on the nighttime incoming tide. Kids can catch seabass and tautog from the Fifty Bridge, piers and jetties. I generally fish stinky beach at the end of Old Bridge Road, the seawall in town by the boardwalk parking lot, and from the Oceanic Pier off 1st Street. Excellent surf fishing can be had as well for shark, blues and rockfish both in Ocean City and the Assateague Island beaches. We also go crabbing from shore.

Forum List

Back