So loving my bike...

Actually, those threads are political. It's about the dishonesty of those who support terrorism while at the same time condemning Christianity. That is not a religious, but a political, discussion.

As were the multiple articles illustrating the current rash of Islamic violence and murder.

Last edited:
Are you guys buying your bikes at garage sales?
It sure sounds like it. No self respecting Bike shop would sell you a bike without properly fitting you to it.
You cant just buy a bike and expect it to be comfortable. Ladies should expect a "ladies" seat option and placement on the rails should be adjusted,as well as different length stems for proper reach to help avoid hand numbness.
Expect more from your local bike shop. If they dont want to work with you find another shop.
Or at least ask them to help for a small fee. If they still look at you funny ? Find a shop that knows what they are doing.

Get a Harley or a sportsbike. I have both and couldn't be happier!

derailleurs need minor adjustments, from time to time, or it may have become a little loose.

Most derailleur problems are from stretched cables or the bike being dropped knocking the the derailleur out of alignment.
The stops that adjust travel rarely need adjusting unless the derailleur is a piece of shit.
Be sure that after purchasing your bike that you bring it in for your thirty day free tune up.
If the shop doesnt offer one they suck. All bikes need a tune up after the initial break in period.

derailleurs need minor adjustments, from time to time, or it may have become a little loose.

Most derailleur problems are from stretched cables or the bike being dropped knocking the the derailleur out of alignment.
The stops that adjust travel rarely need adjusting unless the derailleur is a piece of shit.
Be sure that after purchasing your bike that you bring it in for your thirty day free tune up.
If the shop doesnt offer one they suck. All bikes need a tune up after the initial break in period.

Quite true. Having had forty years of experience in bicycles and several of my own bicycle businesses, I certify what the poster says is accurate.

There are more and more bicycles now equipped with the excellent Shimano 7 and 8 speed hub transmissions. They never go our of adjustment, the chain never comes off and they never break. Plus, you can shift even when stopped. They are a great choice for around town, but work well for most touring, too. Just be certain to get the correct ratio between chainwheel and sprocket.

Forum List

Back