So long Varitek!

Tek will be managing the Sox after Valentines time is up.

I doubt that.

Really,
I think he would be a great Manager. Why do you believe it's not possible?

He may very well become a great manager, but he has no experience at it right now. Bobby V won't last too long as manager, and Tek would need to cut his teeth in the minors for a while before being anywhere near ready to manage in the bigs.

I doubt that.

Really,

He may very well become a great manager, but he has no experience at it right now. Bobby V won't last too long as manager, and Tek would need to cut his teeth in the minors for a while before being anywhere near ready to manage in the bigs.

This is a reasonable assessment. I also agree Varitek is management material and Boston would embrace him - one day.

He surely has a lot of the qualities that one can imagine in a successful manager, and he'll remain a popular figure around here for many moons.

I doubt that.

Really,

You make a good point. I suppose I'm hoping to see him manage sooner than later.
I was thinking Valentine for 2-4 years then Tek.

Have you been to Fenway?
I seen about 30 games at the park. I was there the night Lester pitched the no hitter against the royals. I saw a few others that were special. Remember the night David Wells got thrown out and spit on the Ump? I was there. The come back in the 9th against the Yankees like 9 runs, I was there. Lucky for sure.

Really,

You make a good point. I suppose I'm hoping to see him manage sooner than later.
I was thinking Valentine for 2-4 years then Tek.

Have you been to Fenway?
I seen about 30 games at the park. I was there the night Lester pitched the no hitter against the royals. I saw a few others that were special. Remember the night David Wells got thrown out and spit on the Ump? I was there. The come back in the 9th against the Yankees like 9 runs, I was there. Lucky for sure.

I wasn't there for those, but I couldn't possibly count how many times I've been to Fenway (of course I'm not very good at counting so it may not be as impressive as it sounds).

Forum List

Back