So long Bernie Sanders

Nothing to see here...BBBUUUUTTTT BOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Since Bernie was never going to be the Democratic nominee, i'm not sure what your point is, FatIrishSow....

Grow up dumb ass. If you think kindergarten name calling upsets me you're more of fool than I first thought.

Naw, you're not upset at all.

But how about the point I made? Since there was no what Bernie (who isn't even a Democrat) was every going to be the nominee, I'm not sure if this makes much m ore difference than Mitt Romney strapping his dog to the hood of the car.

Nothing to see here...BBBUUUUTTTT BOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Since Bernie was never going to be the Democratic nominee, i'm not sure what your point is, FatIrishSow....

Grow up dumb ass. If you think kindergarten name calling upsets me you're more of fool than I first thought.

Naw, you're not upset at all.

But how about the point I made? Since there was no what Bernie (who isn't even a Democrat) was every going to be the nominee, I'm not sure if this makes much m ore difference than Mitt Romney strapping his dog to the hood of the car.

You never made a point, dumb ass. Now go bother someone that gives a rat ass what some broken down old tool thinks. I don't

...And by what definition is it "muck"?...
Jesus-H-Christ... was it not YOU who used the phrase 'ancient muck-raking' in defense of Sanders, earlier on this thread? Perhaps not. Whatever.

...Think about it -- is anyone within a nanometer higher than the comic-book-level demagogue wannabe blogs (and this thread, their doppenganger) -- even mentioning this at all?...

NPR: The Bernie Sanders Rape Fantasy Essay Explained It s All Politics NPR

NY Daily News:
Bernie Sanders 1972 essay about rape fantasy surfaces - NY Daily News

USA Today:
Bernie Sanders 1972 essay about rape fantasy surfaces - NY Daily News

CNN:
Sanders distances himself from dumb 1972 rape essay - CNNPolitics.com

Washington Examiner: Bernie Sanders Woman fantasizes being raped WashingtonExaminer.com

Bloomberg: Why Bernie Sanders Decades-Old Rape Fantasies Matter to 2016 - Bloomberg Politics

NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/05/29/bernie-sanders-disowns-1972-article-on-womens-fantasies-of-rape/?_r=0

All demagogue bloggers, right?

Not.
In the NY Times article, Sanders HIMSELF has 'recanted' and repudiated and disowned and distanced himself from his earlier writings.

Why?

Because he knows - just like you do (without being able to bring yourself to admit it) - that he's just been pwned.

I take no particular satisfaction from attaining that outcome, this time around.

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch, Pogo, I tried to warn you off about this one, but you wouldn't listen, despite repeated attempts.

Comes the dawn...

==============================================================

Major Excuse-Making Attempt No. 9 ( "It's such a miniscule thing that nobody with an IQ above that of an eggplant is going to pay any attention to it." )

Next batter, please.

Touché on the attention point; apparently our media is even more desperate than I thought, and that's saying a lot. Washington Examiner, dismissed, but the others... well what can I say but that we've degraded to the point where news is about the blogosphere rather than about the actual news, i.e. the news has become not "what the events are" but "what the message boards are saying, whether based in fact or not". It's become about perceptions rather than facts.

But that wasn't our main point anyway. Our core issue is whether the article in question actually says what the bloggo headlie claims it does.

On that, from your NYT link:

“It was a poorly written article dealing with gender stereotypes of the period, in the sense that a lot of men have the feel to be all powerful and controlling,’’ Mr. Sanders said in an interview after a town hall event in Muscatine, Iowa.

“Women have the feeling they have to be dependent. It was very poorly written in a way I certainly would not write it now. But if you read it, what you find is that is a bad situation for both people: women shouldn’t be dependent. Men should not be oppressors. We want a society where people are equal. That was about it was about.’’
--- which again, CONFIRMS my alalysis of a generic fictional woman, confirming that the headline on this thread is a fabrication. He was writing, back then, about the pitfalls of patriarchy. That was a new and fresh idea in 1972, which would go on to serve as fodder for women's rights movements, but hell, I myself have been writing about that just this week, even just hours ago (here).

Now if you have a problem with criticism of patriarchy, all well and good but I don't think many binders of women will.

Further interesting about that article --- although your link (correctly) lists a URL that says he "disowns" the article, and the title itself says he "recants" it --- neither of those actions actually exists in the article itself; he did neither. Which makes it yet another lying headlie.

I think I'm just going to drop the N from that word permanently. It no longer has a function.

Last edited:
--- which again, CONFIRMS my alalysis of a generic fictional woman, confirming that the headline on this thread is a fabrication. He was writing, back then, about the pitfalls of patriarchy. That was a new and fresh idea in 1972, which would go on to serve as fodder for women's rights movements, but hell, I myself have been writing about that just this week, even just hours ago (here).

You know, that's a very good point. If you watch any of the episodes of the classic "Star Trek", you can see a lot of the sexual attitudes for the period even in watching a series set in an "enlightened" future.

In 1974, you had a movie called the "Stepford Wives", where a bunch of men replaced their "feminist" wives with robots who were compliant. In 2004, they remade it as a comedy because the notion was so ludicrous by that time they couldnt' take it seriously. (The problem was, the movie wasn't even mildly funny.)

Who am I kidding? The dems won't blink an eye but if it were a republican? Heads would explode

Bernie Sanders Once Wrote That Women Fantasize About Being Gang-Raped

Democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders wrote an essay in 1972 that women fantasize about being raped by multiple men.

“A man goes home and masturbates his typical fantasy. A woman on her knees, a woman tied up, a woman abused,” the Vermont senator wrote in the now-defunct Vermont Freeman. “A woman enjoys intercourse with her man — as she fantasizes being raped by 3 men simultaneously.”

Sanders was 30-years-old at the time of publication.

bernie_man_and_woman-620x492.jpg

Bernie Sanders Once Wrote That Women Fantasize About Being Gang-Raped TheBlaze.com

\
Not that I have any interest in Sanders as president, but ya'think he might have changed his views over the last 43 years?

and isn't that a bit far back to dig up dirt?

Especially on someone that has less chance than Palin of getting the nomination?

Lets worry about todays issues, hmmm?

If the dems can dig up dirt then anyone can....and we both know they do.
I remember one particular "issue relevant" discussion about how a certain republican candidate bullied someone

:eusa_whistle:

You know, that's a very good point. If you watch any of the episodes of the classic "Star Trek", you can see a lot of the sexual attitudes for the period even in watching a series set in an "enlightened" future.

In 1974, you had a movie called the "Stepford Wives", where a bunch of men replaced their "feminist" wives with robots who were compliant. In 2004, they remade it as a comedy because the notion was so ludicrous by that time they couldnt' take it seriously. (The problem was, the movie wasn't even mildly funny.)

Oh I disagree -- I don't do movies much but that version was hilarious. Especially the one line:

"I thought to myself, where would no one notice a town full of robots? ---- <gasp> Connecticut!!" :rofl:

Ira Levin wrote some good stuff.

Forum List

Back