So let me get this straight....

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Our government can ban me from smoking in a bar because of the "dangers" of second hand smoke, but they can't ban people from owning as many machine guns as they want? Does that make sense to anyone?

Our government can ban me from smoking in a bar because of the "dangers" of second hand smoke, but they can't ban people from owning as many machine guns as they want? Does that make sense to anyone?

Absolutely not.... smoking bans are ridiculous.

Smoking is not mentioned in the second amendment; not even smoking barrels.

Uncle has no business banning smoking from a place of business, that should be left to the owner to decide.

Banning guns will only keep the good guys from getting them. Criminals and loons prefer their victims unarmed.

Uncle has no business banning smoking from a place of business, that should be left to the owner to decide.

Banning guns will only keep the good guys from getting them. Criminals and loons prefer their victims unarmed.

Most of the murders here in NOLA are committed with illegally possessed weapons.

Yup. Loads of that down here in Florida as well.

Banning guns will only assure that criminals are the armed element out there. No one expects them to turn in their weapons.

Banning guns will only assure that criminals are the armed element out there. No one expects them to turn in their weapons.

I hear you...all of you on the gun rights side. I do. So, if banning guns or limiting them in some way is not the answer, what is? Or...do we simply accept these tragedies as the norm?

No it doesn't. Smoking should be allowed where the owners of said businesses choose to allow it.

No it doesn't. Smoking should be allowed where the owners of said businesses choose to allow it.

Should is one thing....but our government has already taken my right away from me as well as the business owners' right. So, with the dangers afforded by unfettered access to guns, wouldn't you consider that more of a danger?

I hear you...all of you on the gun rights side. I do. So, if banning guns or limiting them in some way is not the answer, what is? Or...do we simply accept these tragedies as the norm?

Anyone who would do such a thing is clearly mentally unstable. Start there......

Should is one thing....but our government has already taken my right away from me as well as the business owners' right. So, with the dangers afforded by unfettered access to guns, wouldn't you consider that more of a danger?

And you want them to take even more away.

No.

Anyone who would do such a thing is clearly mentally unstable. Start there......

Banning/outlawing/controlling guns is a PLAN. You don't have a plan, and unless you want one created for you, you better come up with one quick....

Smoking is not mentioned in the second amendment; not even smoking barrels.

the second amendment says guns are permitted as part of a "well-regulated militia". it does not say anything about people owning military weapons as toys. and as the 4th and 1st and other amendments are subject to reasonable regulation, so is the 2nd.

No. Unfortunately many of us have sunk into this moral decline whereby our morals, our sense of right and wrong is an ever evolving thing. Herein lies the poroblem... a fluid moral compass whereby all things must be scrutinized and possibly even accepted as just another way of looking at things.

Forum List

Back