So let it begin!!

why wouldn't they have just compromised with the employees instead of pissing 1.3 billion in the wind....their priorities seem messed up to me!

An even better question would be this, the employee'e knowing that Boeing is the only game in town as far as the Aviation business goes and given the state of the economy and how highly competitive the environment is with Airbus, why could not the differences be resolved without putting the company in jeopardy? It appears that this Labor Union cared little for Boeing or it's survival when this strike was contemplated. This IMHO is a factor in why other companies move operations offshore and is also a factor in why companies like Boeing have move a large majority of it's sub-assembly work to other countries. This strike resulted in even more delays of the 787 and gave even more inroads to Airbus in the commercial market.

I don't think I implied that this happend overnight, but then again the election did not just happen overnight as well. So rather I would call this planning. Personally, I believe with the business environment in the Aviation community in jeopardy, there is a going to be a lot more of this comming in this sector especially. When the JSF is cancelled and it will be, when the Obama Administration takes office, or scaled back in a large large way, you will see many more jobs leave. Let me find it for you Care okay and btw I hope the morning finds you well.

i hope this morning finds you well, as well...navy! :eusa_angel:

An even better question would be this, the employee'e knowing that Boeing is the only game in town as far as the Aviation business goes and given the state of the economy and how highly competitive the environment is with Airbus, why could not the differences be resolved without putting the company in jeopardy? It appears that this Labor Union cared little for Boeing or it's survival when this strike was contemplated. This IMHO is a factor in why other companies move operations offshore and is also a factor in why companies like Boeing have move a large majority of it's sub-assembly work to other countries. This strike resulted in even more delays of the 787 and gave even more inroads to Airbus in the commercial market.

i didn't say give in to the union, but compromise with them....

i don't know enough on what the strike involved....and any strike shows a FAILURE on the union's part and the corp's part imo.

Strikes hurt both workers and employers...

i didn't say give in to the union, but compromise with them....

i don't know enough on what the strike involved....and any strike shows a FAILURE on the union's part and the corp's part imo.

Strikes hurt both workers and employers...

Your right they do hurt the employee's and the company and IMO had the Boeing labor leaders and Boeing Management had more sense and more concern for the health of Boeing then perhaps you would have seen this issue resolved without having to cause this kind of harm.

I wanted to post something here, that companies like Boeing are doing with the Avaition industry and why the 787 is such a beautiful aircraft and holds great appeal to a lot of commercial carriers. It was designed to be much more fuel efficient than current aircraft on the market. Other things that Boeing is involved in are biofuels for the Aviation industry. I put a link here for you, it's really interesting reading.

Google Image Result for http://www.boeing.com/commercial/images/787_prem_topshot_375.jpg

AC_787&777.jpg

navy, your picture is too large...see if you can reduce the size or delete the link so this thread of yours is not too messed up!

Forum List

Back