So Jefferson was also a pedophile

i knew he was a hypocrite of the first magnitude with his all men were created equal BS...as long as they were men and white, but I had no idea he fucked and impregnated a 14 year old. Holy fucking shit no wonder our country is so messed up.
Hate to break it to you dumb ass, but 14 is not young enough to label someone a pedophile. Further in the late 1700's and early 1800's 14 was marriage age for most.

.......................:link:.....................
He fucked sally Hemings when she was 14, and his slave, talked her out of pleading asylum in France, and then had 6 children with her.
I always had the idea she was on board with it, but when you put it that way.....
My gram's sister married a 22 year old Newfie sailor when she was 15. Didn't last too long but it wasn't unusual, from a look at the marriage records near hers. And that was a hundred years after ol' Tom. My gram was 15, too, when she married.
If she was a slave and a child how could she be on board with it...
I confess I've never known the details of the story. I had just heard in some tv special about Sally Hemmings' descendants that it was more than just a fuck. Of course, they would want to think so.

Look, Ravi, except for the pedo part, I agree with you that it was an ugly, unforgiveable thing to do, regardless of the fact that somehow in the fucked up South it was socially acceptable at the time. I love Jefferson's mind, his words, his thoughts. But man, he had feet of clay didn't he?
Didn't he have a WIFE? If Southern women accepted that as just another pastime the men get involved in, that shows how badly THEY were treated too. What respect or fidelity is that showing a wife when you say shut up and accept the fact that I can screw my own property whenever I feel like it.
I would not be surprised if some Southern women were quite icy about that.
His wife was dead when he started in on Sally. Not sure if he knew it as he was in France and there was no email or transatlantic telephone at the time. I think a 14 year old would fit the definition now. Why it didn't then is the same mystery as why all men are created equal didn't include black people.

i knew he was a hypocrite of the first magnitude with his all men were created equal BS...as long as they were men and white, but I had no idea he fucked and impregnated a 14 year old. Holy fucking shit no wonder our country is so messed up.
Hate to break it to you dumb ass, but 14 is not young enough to label someone a pedophile. Further in the late 1700's and early 1800's 14 was marriage age for most.
Actually it was 12. You condone that, too? And abortion was legal. You condone that, too?

So? It was still pedophilia. And Jefferson was much, much older than 14.
I told you that is NOT the definition of pedophilia. I COULD answer this for you, but you have resources. Do the homework.
What do you think the definition of pedophilia is? Under 2?
Here. This will help:

LMGTFY

Definition of pedophilia. : sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object specifically : a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child.

Actually it was 12. You condone that, too? And abortion was legal. You condone that, too?
People routinely died at 30 35 so ya 14 was a good time to start.

That's NOT the definition of a pedo. And that was common in that day.
Being a pedo was somewhat common in the day.
The definition was different. When a girl commenced her menses she was of child bearing age and marriageable. A wife of 12 to a husband of 14 was common.
Grads Without Nads

"Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" is the natural order. Today's adolescents are purposely kept from growing up so that they don't realize how childish college education is.

14 was old back then. Still is in Mississippi

So? It was still pedophilia. And Jefferson was much, much older than 14.
I told you that is NOT the definition of pedophilia. I COULD answer this for you, but you have resources. Do the homework.
What do you think the definition of pedophilia is? Under 2?
Here. This will help:

LMGTFY

Definition of pedophilia. : sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object specifically : a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child.

14 qualified.

New Topics

Forum List

Back