So Jefferson was also a pedophile

i knew he was a hypocrite of the first magnitude with his all men were created equal BS...as long as they were men and white, but I had no idea he fucked and impregnated a 14 year old. Holy fucking shit no wonder our country is so messed up.

Ravi,

Different time period, so being outraged of how they acted then in today time, well is ridiculous.

Back then if you were old enough to bleed you better start breeding because by 25 you could be dead by the many diseases and wars.
Not outraged. Some one that can come up with the phrase all men are created equal while owning and raping slaves is a hypocrite and there is no reason to pretend otherwise.
Wasn't it Thomas Jefferson said " Separation of church and state"? Now all of a sudden he is a bad guy? Oh well, maybe we need to get church back into the government and set people straight...

i knew he was a hypocrite of the first magnitude with his all men were created equal BS...as long as they were men and white, but I had no idea he fucked and impregnated a 14 year old. Holy fucking shit no wonder our country is so messed up.

Ravi,

Different time period, so being outraged of how they acted then in today time, well is ridiculous.

Back then if you were old enough to bleed you better start breeding because by 25 you could be dead by the many diseases and wars.
Not outraged. Some one that can come up with the phrase all men are created equal while owning and raping slaves is a hypocrite and there is no reason to pretend otherwise.
Wasn't it Thomas Jefferson said " Separation of church and state"? Now all of a sudden he is a bad guy? Oh well, maybe we need to get church back into the government and set people straight...
As long as it is a Christian church?

I don't see them complaining that their triune God diddled a 14 year old virgin....

whats good for the goose....
Mohammad raped a 9 year old girl, and a few other things that would make Bill Clinton and Obama proud.
Muhamamd's Sex Life
Muhammad was married to thirteen women, including eleven at one time. He relegated them to either consecutive days or (according to some accounts) all in one night. He had sex with a 9-year-old girl and married his adopted son's wife (after arranging a quick divorce). On top of that, Muhammad had a multitude of slave girls and concubines with whom he had sex - sometimes on the very days in which they watched their husbands and fathers die at the hands of his army.

Ok, so Mohammed raped a 9 year old girl he married at 6, had a lot of sex and was insane..was what does that have to do with Clinton, Obama, Jefferson or the founding fathers??

Wheres your outrage about what happened to Mother Mary?
So you dont have an issue with Mohammad, do you have an issue with Thomas?

No, I do have a problem with Mohammed being portrayed as a holy man of God but you were talking about Jefferson weren't you?

And if you are so upset with Jefferson, and even Clinton, and Obama, even though no one was talking about them, wheres your outrage about what happened to Mother Mary?

You don't want people to be thinking that you are a right wing republican hypocrite, as much of a man of God as Mohammed was, do you?
Nice try using the Rules for Radicals, doesn't work on me though, because I can see right through you.
It is today’s republicans who have embraced rules for radicals

Benjamin Franklin also liked them young

As does Bill Clinton.
Think Trump and Ivanka

Your desperation is duly noted! :D :D :D

Bills%20Victims-M.jpg

That's NOT the definition of a pedo. And that was common in that day.

Well, people only lived to 40 or so back then, so 14 was like 25 in today’s terms.
That's not quite how it works.

Average lifespan is an AVERAGE. If you were lucky enough to make it thru the childhood diseases we've conquered, you could expect to live your 3 score and ten.

Being a pedo was somewhat common in the day.

.......................:link:.....................
He fucked sally Hemings when she was 14, and his slave, talked her out of pleading asylum in France, and then had 6 children with her.
I always had the idea she was on board with it, but when you put it that way.....
My gram's sister married a 22 year old Newfie sailor when she was 15. Didn't last too long but it wasn't unusual, from a look at the marriage records near hers. And that was a hundred years after ol' Tom. My gram was 15, too, when she married.

The definition was different. When a girl commenced her menses she was of child bearing age and marriageable. A wife of 12 to a husband of 14 was common.

Ravi,

Kids didn't have an "adolescence" back then, either. They were considered mature and were expected to take on adult responsibilities as soon as they were physically capable. The prolonged childhood in this day and age was totally absent back then.

He fucked sally Hemings when she was 14, and his slave, talked her out of pleading asylum in France, and then had 6 children with her.
I always had the idea she was on board with it, but when you put it that way.....
My gram's sister married a 22 year old Newfie sailor when she was 15. Didn't last too long but it wasn't unusual, from a look at the marriage records near hers. And that was a hundred years after ol' Tom. My gram was 15, too, when she married.
If she was a slave and a child how could she be on board with it...

The definition was different. When a girl commenced her menses she was of child bearing age and marriageable. A wife of 12 to a husband of 14 was common.
So? It was still pedophilia. And Jefferson was much, much older than 14.

William Jefferson Clinton.....coincidence?

William Jefferson Clinton.....coincidence?
Monika wasn't a slave or under 15. But yeah, there are similarities but trump would have been a better comparison.

If she was a slave and a child how could she be on board with it...
I confess I've never known the details of the story. I had just heard in some tv special about Sally Hemmings' descendants that it was more than just a fuck. Of course, they would want to think so.

Look, Ravi, except for the pedo part, I agree with you that it was an ugly, unforgiveable thing to do, regardless of the fact that somehow in the fucked up South it was socially acceptable at the time. I love Jefferson's mind, his words, his thoughts. But man, he had feet of clay didn't he?
Didn't he have a WIFE? If Southern women accepted that as just another pastime the men get involved in, that shows how badly THEY were treated too. What respect or fidelity is that showing a wife when you say shut up and accept the fact that I can screw my own property whenever I feel like it.
I would not be surprised if some Southern women were quite icy about that.

Forum List

Back