So I've been wondering this for a while

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
One of the main pro-choice arguments against the pro-life side is that they're overwhelmingly older men. One notable example of this would be the "73% of pro-lifers are men and 100% will never be pregnant" slogan. My own experience as an actual member of the movement has been pretty much the exact opposite, with women having a moderate numerical advantage on my side and the other being somewhere between equal to slightly weighted towards men.

Then again, my participation has largely been online for reasons of personal safety and professional regulation, so the only people I really meet from the other side are the most vocal in real life and the trolls that occasionally wander into our fora. I can't help but wonder why people keep trying to use this talking point to people who have daily experiential evidence otherwise. It's the most jarring when some troll will join a forum and accuse some guy of being part of an anti-woman hate movement, then proceed to keep using that exact same argument against the deluge of women that inevitably dog pile him.

One of the main pro-choice arguments against the pro-life side is that they're overwhelmingly older men. One notable example of this would be the "73% of pro-lifers are men and 100% will never be pregnant" slogan. My own experience as an actual member of the movement has been pretty much the exact opposite, with women having a moderate numerical advantage on my side and the other being somewhere between equal to slightly weighted towards men.

Then again, my participation has largely been online for reasons of personal safety and professional regulation, so the only people I really meet from the other side are the most vocal in real life and the trolls that occasionally wander into our fora. I can't help but wonder why people keep trying to use this talking point to people who have daily experiential evidence otherwise. It's the most jarring when some troll will join a forum and accuse some guy of being part of an anti-woman hate movement, then proceed to keep using that exact same argument against the deluge of women that inevitably dog pile him.
upload_2015-10-9_20-58-6.png

I thought this thread might have something to do with politics

Unless you are a pregnant woman and the owner of that body, its none of your business.

MYOB

Problem solved.

Forum List

Back