Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Spit on the ground.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Obama Said. "You must punish your enemies."

How should the opposition or the enemy if you will treat a president who makes such statments? Does he deserve R E S P E C T?

If you choose yes please explain why.

Last edited:

How should the opposition or the enemy if you will treat a president who makes such statments? Does he deserve R E S P E C T?

I would imagine that he considers them enemies considering all the disrespect he has been shown since throwing his hat in the ring. Tell us Willow, when did you ever respect him? Were you one of those folks that pissed and moaned about the way liberals ragged on Bush and disrespected him?

No American is the enemy of another American. Had I had any respect for him, he would have lost it now. However, he did that a looooong time ago.

I would imagine that he considers them enemies considering all the disrespect he has been shown since throwing his hat in the ring. Tell us Willow, when did you ever respect him? Were you one of those folks that pissed and moaned about the way liberals ragged on Bush and disrespected him?

I respected him right up until the moment he said "Wearing a flag pin is fake patriotism, then he grabbed his crotch and then his wife said "For the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country." I think she was 45. Yep,, right up til then. and then the Jeramiah Wright bullshit hit the fan.. Nope. Not respecting that. And, he hasn't shown me better either.

I would imagine that he considers them enemies considering all the disrespect he has been shown since throwing his hat in the ring. Tell us Willow, when did you ever respect him? Were you one of those folks that pissed and moaned about the way liberals ragged on Bush and disrespected him?[/QUOTE]

I made an iron clad promise to all demonRats to give the respect shown to President Bush to your chosen one. I've kept that promise. It's only fair.

I made a statement in another thread ala this whole kick hes been on for a few months, ( and there are examples during his campaign) where in hes always the guy floating above acrimony, hostility name calling etc. is a a media construct, they beleive it of thmslevs and almost without fail they give him that benefit and don't want to hear what they don't want to hear.

I will say to be fair there have been the odd one offs who have said same, TNR had a piece a month or so ago calling him out on this very same issue.

he gets nasty and he says things better left to surrogates if at all...... its not presidential.

Yes. Treat everyone with respect whether they deserve it or not. If you do not treat people with respect you are putting yourself at their level.

An Enemy is someone that is seeking to do you harm. Even though the Bible says "love thine enemies" , for a president that is not a possible. A presidents first job requirement is the defense of the country and to protect and defend it from all enemies, foreign and domestic. So I as an American have no problem with that statement. Saying that, I do not know the context in which it was spoken, whether it was in reference to a real enemy or a political opponent. If it was in reference to a political opponent then the statement is absurd because you do not punish political opponents, just defeat them.

Respect is earned... so right after he came on the scene and became a Senator, he should have began to at least try to earn some respect.
All he did was vote "present" and to tear down the very nation that gave him everything in the world.

I would'nt shake that mans hand, and yes... my vote was "spit on the ground"... or maybe on his stupid shoe with the fake hole in it. :rolleyes:

:lmao: respect.... :lol: yeah right!

Maybe President Obama is finally waking up to the fact that the Repubs ARE the enemy. Republicans have proven themselves to be the "dis-loyal opposition". RepubliCONs do the biding of the wealthy elite, they sold this country out to Communist China and when they have sold off the rest of America they will leave because they don't give a damn about America and they care even less about Americans.

After all the vitriol and venom from the right over all these years dating back to the vindictive impeachment of President Clinton I have come to view the far right Repubs as enemies and now that is the only kind of Repub., far right, so far right the next thing is fascist.

RepubliCONs ARE the enemy!

I say love your enemies. Do good to those that do evil to you. Win their hearts through your words, deeds, and suffering.

you disappointed me willowtree, I thought your pondering would be on the level of plato and aristotle

Sorry bout that,

1. He being a muslim, he knows we are his enemy, and he ours.
2. His mind set is a muslim one.
3. You people really need to keep up!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

When did he say that.

He doesn't deserve respect from the right, and considering they never gave it, Obama got the enemy comment correct. Just treat him like shit like the rest of the righties, and you will be spot on. Frankly mah dear, Obama doesn't give a damn about the right.

Last edited:

Well, if he declared Reps as enemy, does it mean that he's enemy of Reps?

If yes, should Reps treat him as one?

Forum List

Back