So It Is Shaping Up To All Muslim Troops In Lebanon

I would not describe Canavar's opinion about integrating terrorists into security organizations and threats against Australians as "interesting." Rather, I take them as bellicose and pathological, no matter how representative of Turkey they may be. I think that Canavar's opinions represent the region "well" only in as much as they reflect the common Islamic hatred for Israel. They are, in fact, hideous and frightening opinions.

I have no hate against Israeli people. It is an allegation.
So show me one country which will disarm Hizbullah.

Even Lebanese officials are not favourable of disarming Hizbullah.
I made no threats against Autralians. I met none Australian in my life so that i could have a logical basis of personal experience, either to like them or hate them.

What i Say about Australians is, that they will do much more worse in "attacking" Hizbullah then Israel. Is this so hard to Understand? Israel has the shorter ways, the more military power and whole Israeli army and Airforce plus reservist.
And do we talk of a situation that Israel achieved its goals regarding Hizbullah by this operation?

Those mothers of Australian soldier are good with the situation that Australian government denies contribution to this force, "because" there is no basis in UN-resolution to disarm Hizbullah.

I take this statement by Autralian government not serious. It is a superficial alibi not to participate in this mission. I think, taht Australia is overstretched with the missions it actually participates in.
So this statement by Australian official is just diplomatic saying for: "Sorry i have no capacities".
----
No hate against Israelis or Australians.

This UN Peace Resolution is floating on a bubble of hopes and dreams- but its about to be struck by some reality. There were no provisions to disarm hezbollah. The Lebanese army already stated that it will not disarm them, and they also stated that they will retaliate if Israeli forces move in to take out hezbollah. Israel is stuck between a rock and a hard place: Be attacked by hezbollah and no one does anything about it, or retaliate against hezbollah and have Lebanon fight against them along with Hezbollah (and the more than likely possibility that Iran and Syria will join in against Israel). This UN Peace Resolution is a load of crap, only giving more time to Hezabollah, Syria, and Iran to build-up weapons in the area only to come down on Israel harder than before. These people are like a virus. If Israel doesnt wipe them out quickly, and they are allowed to linger by false notions of peace, then they will come back with more weapons and more fighters next time around- and there WILL be a next time around.

I would not describe Canavar's opinion about integrating terrorists into security organizations and threats against Australians as "interesting." Rather, I take them as bellicose and pathological, no matter how representative of Turkey they may be. I think that Canavar's opinions represent the region "well" only in as much as they reflect the common Islamic hatred for Israel. They are, in fact, hideous and frightening opinions.

And, I AGREE 100%.

Good post onedomino.:beer:

You know nothing regarding Turkish position to Israel, to agree here 100% with onedomino.

What you are posting and expanding upon is going to color our picture. Perhaps you wish to be more diplomatic?

What you are posting and expanding upon is going to color our picture. Perhaps you wish to be more diplomatic?

No i wish not.
I wrote nothing that legitimates you all to push me in an Anti-Israeli or Anti-Australian corner.
That's it. The rest is only your allegations.

I think what Canvar is saying is its foolish for any country besides Israel itself to 'disarm' Hezbollah. Any international force sent to the region would just become easy targets, since they're not there to rout out Hezbollah, just in the area to be a 'presence'. It is in no other country's interests to have their soldiers die doing a job Israeli soldiers should be and could be doing.

I don't know about you guys, but even if my country's soldiers could 'disarm' Hezbollah, would you be willing to send them to do it? I sure as hell know I wouldn't send our troops to do that, so why would I ask any other country to?
This is Israel's problem. If they want to live the pipe dream, they should have to pay for it, not anyone else.

You know nothing regarding Turkish position to Israel, to agree here 100% with onedomino.

Sorry to deflate your balloon canavar, but as most on this board, I am rather informed on any number of subjects, this subject being one of them.

Your posts only reinforce my view on the subject.

The Turkish position on the State of Israel is one of apathy, apathy has destroyed more countries, and killed more people than ANYOTHER "position" since the beginning of time.

Turkey can certainly be proud.:arabia:

Sorry to deflate your balloon canavar, but as most on this board, I am rather informed on any number of subjects, this subject being one of them.

But you have problems in understanding the context.
User "onedomino" said, that he can read out of my posts hatred against Israel.
And you agreed with him 100%.

And now you turn to the allegation of Turkey being apathy in terms of Israel.

On which basis you make such a comment? Tell me one example to let me be part of your being informed in this and other subjects....
Don't talk in general but precise your sentences.
As i rember Turkey did so far everything which Israel asked for.

I think what Canvar is saying is its foolish for any country besides Israel itself to 'disarm' Hezbollah. Any international force sent to the region would just become easy targets, since they're not there to rout out Hezbollah, just in the area to be a 'presence'. It is in no other country's interests to have their soldiers die doing a job Israeli soldiers should be and could be doing.

I don't know about you guys, but even if my country's soldiers could 'disarm' Hezbollah, would you be willing to send them to do it? I sure as hell know I wouldn't send our troops to do that, so why would I ask any other country to?
This is Israel's problem. If they want to live the pipe dream, they should have to pay for it, not anyone else.

It is all a repeat, but someones didn't understand.
So your post is near to that statement i wanted to give.

What Israel with its

- Airforce
- Army
- Reservists
- short logistic ways

didn't achieved, possible 1.000-4.000 Australian Soldiers would never achieve.
The ratio of Australian soldiers being sent home in coffins would be very very high. And by saying so it is no Anti-Australianism. It is the truth.

What Israel with its

- Airforce
- Army
- Reservists
- short logistic ways

The ratio of Australian soldiers being sent home in coffins would be very very high. And by saying so it is no Anti-Australianism. It is the truth.

Because YOU say its a truth, doesn't make it a truth canavar, do you understand?

You call into question MY belief, that the ONLY policy being put forward by Turkey, is one of apathy. You ask HOW I can say that, I respond by saying to YOU canavar, that ACTIONS speak louder than words, ACTIONS, my good man, NOT words.

That may be something, that YOU want to spend some time thinking about.

I'll ALWAYS stand up for those that are RIGHT, and will ALWAYS be against those that seek to take advantage of the weak.

Count on it...............:smoke:

Could be possible Canavar, that you misread the West....

Turkey will send. (not yet clear how much)
TURKS CANT COUNT?

Italy will send Troops. (about 3.000)AHHH, TRUE ROMANS!
Spain will send (500-800)BUT THEY ARE READY TO LEAVE UPON THE VERY NEXT SPANISH ELECTIONS
France sent already 200 soldiers.TO DISTRIBUTE WHITE FLAGS?

And some others.
But only of those countries who have diplomatic relations with Israel.
And i prefer France not takeing to much engagement there.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

What Israel with its

- Airforce
- Army
- Reservists
- short logistic ways

You may or may not have the 'overall' picture:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060826/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_peacekeepers

Europe offers 'backbone' of peacekeepers

By ARTHUR MAX, Associated Press WriterFri Aug 25, 9:06 PM ET

The European Union swept away a major hurdle to keeping the peace between Israel and Hezbollah by agreeing Friday to provide the "backbone" of a French-led peacekeeping force of 15,000 soldiers in Lebanon.

Israel said it would lift its air and sea embargo of Lebanon once the U.N. force takes control, a process EU officials said could take up to three months. The blockade is meant to stop arms getting to Hezbollah, but it also is hindering deliveries of food, fuel and other goods.

The commitment of up to 6,900 European soldiers relieved concerns that the peacekeeping force might be stillborn because of reluctance by many countries to send troops into the Middle East cauldron without clear instructions or authorization to use their weapons.

About 150 French army engineers landed Friday at Naqoura in southern Lebanon, joining 250 of their countrymen already among 2,200 peacekeepers in the country, and Italy's leader reportedly said late Friday that his nation's troops could leave for Lebanon as early as Tuesday.

The international force is meant to give teeth to the Lebanese army, which has begun moving 15,000 soldiers of its own into the south to assert the central government's authority in the region along the Israeli border for the first time in decades.

In Beirut, an official close to Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora said his government welcomed the EU decision and that it would help restore stability. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to make statements to the media.

But 12 days after the cease-fire in fighting between Israel and Hezbollah, questions remained about how to enforce a vague truce agreement and prevent the area from exploding again.

The EU and U.N. agree the peacekeeping mission must have a strong Muslim component to give it credibility. But Israel objects to nations that do not recognize the Jewish state, saying such troops would make it impossible for Jerusalem to share intelligence with the U.N. force.

Israel's objection would include Indonesia, Malaysia and Bangladesh, which have volunteered troops. Turkey, meanwhile, which does have diplomatic relations with Israel and would be acceptable to all parties, has not decided whether to join the force.

It was unclear how the United Nations would meet Israel's demand to prevent the Islamic militants of Hezbollah from rearming, including controlling the Lebanon-Syrian border.

And dismantling Hezbollah's arsenal of rockets and other weapons already in southern Lebanon was an open sore.

French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said France wanted to create an arms-free "exclusion zone" in southern Lebanon to separate Israeli troops and Hezbollah guerrillas.

"Our objective is clear, to disarm Hezbollah," Douste-Blazy said, but he added that military force was not the answer. "The only solution is to have a political solution."

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said it was not the United Nations' task to strip the guerrillas of their weapons.

"The troops are not going there to disarm Hezbollah. Let's be clear about that," he said after meeting with EU ministers. He said disarmament is an issue for Lebanon's government, and "cannot be done by force." So he is assuming that Hizbollah will beso intimidated by UN forces OR they will recognize that 'the international community' is SO PISSED that they will throw down their arms.... :laugh:

Annan left the meeting with a commitment for more than half the 15,000 soldiers envisioned in the Security Council resolution that halted the war after 34 days. The promised 6,900 European soldiers did not include naval units, air support or peacekeepers already on the ground.

The bulk of the new troops came from Italy and France. Other countries committed smaller units. Belgium volunteered 400 soldiers, including critical land-mine removal units. Germany and Denmark offered naval forces, and the Finnish foreign minister spoke of sending 250 soldiers, if his parliament approved.

The United States has ruled out providing troops, but is expected to provide logistics support. As a rule, Washington does not participate in peacekeeping missions unless it is commanding the force.

France, which now commands the small UNIFIL force that has been in southern Lebanon since 1978, will lead the expanded force until February, when it will hand over command to Italy.

"Europe is providing the backbone of the force," Annan said. "We can now begin to put together a credible force."

He said the peacekeeping force will be "strong, credible and robust."

Finnish Foreign Minister Erkki Tuomioja, whose country holds the EU's rotating presidency, said the entire U.N. force should be in place within two to three months.

Annan said he hoped the expanded force would be able to start deploying in "days, not weeks." He had earlier set a target date of Sept. 2.

Israel said it would lift its air and sea blockade of Lebanon as soon as the international force got into place — but insisted that includes having peacekeepers along the Syrian border to block arms shipments to Hezbollah from its two main supporters, Iran and Syria.

"The minute those forces are there, we can lift it," Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said in Jerusalem.

Such a move would aggravate tensions with Syria, whose leaders have called the deployment of international troops along the border a "hostile" act.

But Annan said U.N. troops would deploy on the Syrian border only at Lebanon's request, which Beirut hasn't done. "The resolution does not require the deployment of U.N. troops to the border," he said at a news conference after a three-hour meeting with the 25 EU ministers.

The issue is unlikely to prevent the Israeli government, which is under domestic pressure to pull out of Lebanon quickly, from withdrawing its soldiers.

However, Israel could use airstrikes on border crossings, roads and bridges to prevent arms smuggling if Lebanese troops and the U.N. force did not stop shipments themselves. Israel's air force and navy could also maintain the blockade to apply further pressure on Lebanon.

Annan told the EU ministers that the cease-fire was holding with few infractions, but he urged them to move swiftly to get their soldiers to the volatile region.
Hey, I gave credit/mention to Turkey, but, um, well...

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said it was not the United Nations' task to strip the guerrillas of their weapons.

Then why pass resolution 1559?

Oh. Wait. Calling for the removal is not the same as doing it....ask and ye shall receive. I don't know about you, but that stopped working when I was about 2. :cry:

Forum List

Back