So it is almost the 250th day of the Obama Administration

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
And yet people's guns haven't been taken away? :confused:

What gives? All I've been hearing is for the past couple months is how Obama is going to take away everybody's guns. The man can't get Health Care passed but somehow he is going to get this done magically?

People like Pale Rider and others have been saying for months that he's going to take them, so when is it? A concrete date would be nice. That way, when that date passes by, we can get Terral like reasoning from those who believe this. :lol:

It won't matter. Even if he gets them taken away, he's not going to win a second term.

It won't matter. Even if he gets them taken away, he's not going to win a second term.

Well it certainly matters, because then all those people would be liars.

Whether Obama chances on a second term will hinge upon who the GOP nominates as a candidate.

What gives? All I've been hearing is for the past couple months is how Obama is going to take away everybody's guns. The man can't get Health Care passed but somehow he is going to get this done magically?

People like Pale Rider and others have been saying for months that he's going to take them, so when is it? A concrete date would be nice. That way, when that date passes by, we can get Terral like reasoning from those who believe this. :lol:

The right wing nuts are the biggest pussies on the planet.

Oh, I'm afraid! Obama is going to take away my guns!

I have a small penis, and I need a big gun to make up for it!

The right wing nuts are the biggest pussies on the planet.

Oh, I'm afraid! Obama is going to take away my guns!

I have a small penis, and I need a big gun to make up for it!

heh!!!:razz:

It all depends on how the "are you better off now than you were 4 years ago" conversation goes in the 2012 election season. Expect Bush to get raked through the coals again ... well, more so than usual anyway.

Another day and people still have their guns. :lol:

Those on the extreme right are looking more like Terral and Eots daily. :clap2:

there are crazies on both sides that come out when the other side has power. if the left's crazies were correct, bush would be serving his 3rd term now and all liberals would be in fema camps. its better to just ignore them

Sure, baby, sure. And while you whining freaks are darkly muttering about guns, gays, and Gawd, we will be out registering voters, and winning another election.

For which the answer for most people will be no. Cap and trade alone if passed guarantees that.

Not at all. We did cap and trade on sulphate pollution, and it worked. If we have a couple of record hot years, people will be more than willing to listen to the reasons for such action.

there are crazies on both sides that come out when the other side has power. if the left's crazies were correct, bush would be serving his 3rd term now and all liberals would be in fema camps. its better to just ignore them

Right now, the crazies seem to be speaking for the Rushpublican Party.

because a democrat is in power, it will switch again next time a republican is president

It all depends on how the "are you better off now than you were 4 years ago" conversation goes in the 2012 election season. Expect Bush to get raked through the coals again ... well, more so than usual anyway.

Your right when it comes to 2012 as far as how people vote, if the economy is in great shape, and people don't have anything to get upset about then it becomes very difficult to unseat a "sitting president". However, while i don't disagree with the Bush argument too much at some point in time the "run and blame Bush thing" has to be set aside and Obama needs to take some ownership in my opinion. I find it somewhat amusing that congress uses the blame Bush excuse for spending even more money they don't have because Bush did it. Rather than say " Bush overspent" and we won't" its more like, " Bush spent this much so why are you complaining when we spend more". So even though I have no doubt that in 2012 Bush will be brought back up again, but then it will be a little stale, and if Obama can turn the economy around, and get afghanistan in order by 2012 then he will be tough to beat and thats from someone who cares little for him as a president.

I don't think any Republican considering running for 2012 yet knows how to treat the fringers because they'll need THEIR votes too. But I do think they need to recognize that they are not representative of the majority of conservatives and at least distance themselves.

The latest NYT poll must have rattled a few cages this morning, which confirms what I've thought all along and that is that more sane Republicans/Conservatives are still out there, which is encouraging.

New York Times/CBS News Poll: Confusion Over Health Care - The New York Times

Your right when it comes to 2012 as far as how people vote, if the economy is in great shape, and people don't have anything to get upset about then it becomes very difficult to unseat a "sitting president". However, while i don't disagree with the Bush argument too much at some point in time the "run and blame Bush thing" has to be set aside and Obama needs to take some ownership in my opinion. I find it somewhat amusing that congress uses the blame Bush excuse for spending even more money they don't have because Bush did it. Rather than say " Bush overspent" and we won't" its more like, " Bush spent this much so why are you complaining when we spend more". So even though I have no doubt that in 2012 Bush will be brought back up again, but then it will be a little stale, and if Obama can turn the economy around, and get afghanistan in order by 2012 then he will be tough to beat and thats from someone who cares little for him as a president.

Hey Navy!! I've missed you! You're someone with whom I can agree to disagree.

Hey Navy!! I've missed you! You're someone with whom I can agree to disagree.

Hey there yourself Maggie, am battling the Big C so am not on much these day's, but hopefully will be able to get on more as I perk up. While we may not agree all of us on matter's I have always said that as long as we respect one anothers rights in this nation to express our ourselves, then we can perhaps find some common ground someplace. I was trying to make that clear in the healthcare debate but don't think I got too far "laughs". You know if I were a democrat god forbid " laughs" and really wanted this thing to pass, all you need to do is 2 things. A. Make the public option voluntary and wholly funded by those that purchase it, and B. remove the mandatory part. Then you know what? You have taken away every real contention against it, other than perhaps legislative ones that can be corrected. I don't look for this to happen though, because it appears that congress has this attitude that " you will like our healthcare citizen or will will make you like it" "laughs" Anyway, it's good to see you too.. :)

Forum List

Back