So... is this a racism discussion forum or point out negativities in other races?

Korrupt,
Welcome to the board. From your self-description, it sounds like you've done precisely what a lot of us who came of age back in the sixties hoped the next generation, and those to follow, would be able to do-moved up, moved on and taken your rightful place in the mainstream. That gives you a perspective we don't hear too much from too often, because like all the rest of us, you're busy with all the things we all are, career, raising a family, paying the bills, and saving for the future. So come on in, tell us how things are from your viewpoint, and maybe bust a few stereotypes. Try to ignore our village idiots; every board has some, and you'll find out who they are soon enough. The rest of us look forward to what you have to say.

Excellent question. I grew up in the inner city and was there for the majority of my life. I was surrounded by drugs, gangs, and to tell you the truth, it didn't bother me because that's all I knew. And at times, I was a hard headed kid just like everyone else. My parents were divorced, but my dad was in my life, and that definitely made a difference. (queue the racists comments about black fathers) I also had a few very close friends who were a good influence as well.

I had always been smart, but not always motivated. Give me something to figure it out and I would do it with no problem, I loved exercising my mind, and there are plenty in poor neighborhoods who were like me. We just didn't have the proper motivation, and when we did, often we succumb to the negative influences that surround us. Something commonly referred to as the crab mentality. This is something you will see in all poor neighborhoods, regardless of the races that inhabit them.

But as I got older, I got wiser. I had friends dying over gang colors, drugs, and money. And well, that just didn't appeal to me at all. So I made a pact with my friends that as soon as we were old enough, we would move out of the hood. And so we did. At that point, we all spent time on our careers and futures and never looked back.

And now, well, I live in the neighborhood where I'm the only Black, but my neighbors are all good people (so far). We hold conversations, they check on me when I don't show up for a while, I shovel the elderly couple's driveway in the winter, etc... I will admit that a few seemed a bit 'uneasy' when I moved in, until I spoke, and they saw my mentality.

And well, that's where there's a big dividing line in racism. It seems that those of lower classes and income give a great deal about racism, and they blame others for the crime, and various other negativies. Whites, Blacks, etc... are all pointing the finger at each other. But in the upper classes, well, we just don't give a shit. If you bring your 'A' game, and not the drama, then we just don't care. At least for the most part.

But with that being said, I still encounter racism, especially from people meeting me for the first time or not knowing what I'm about. I'm a big guy, and I do realize that I can bring the intimidation factor to the party. And some people just expect the worst right off the bat as soon as I enter the scene. So even though we've came a long way, I'll be the first one to admit that we have a long way to go until it's gone for good.

And yea, I noticed the stench from the storm front bastards in the air. They were part of the reason I shut down my racism site years ago haha. They are good for bringing the intelligent discussions to a screeching halt.

Welcome----you have the right spot. Do you think if we just hate the bigots enough they will stop ?

Trust me, been there done that, and it doesn't help. The best thing to do is to carry one's own self in an dignified and upright manner. Bigots love to hate, and argue, and to to do the same right back at them is giving them what they need in order to keep them going.

I just ignore them when I can, but don't back down when confronted. However, to give myself into anger, doesn't do me or my cause any good.

Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully, I can make an impression here.

Welcome to the Site. :)

Marcellus,

Are you this guy?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm2dJM2D4uU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm2dJM2D4uU[/ame]​

If so, you are a true Renaissance man!!

Photographer, software analyst and wrestler!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Well, let me introduce myself. I'm a Black man ( I hate the term african-american) from the state of Kansas. Well spoken, intelligent, no criminal record, and a suburbanite. I came here via a google search looking for other sites that are involved in discussions about racism and stumbled across this one. I was hoping to find some interesting topics and perspectives on racism across various sites. I'm very open minded with an overall emphasis on racial harmony.

However, looking at the topics that are created in this forum, it's not hard to ascertain that most of the people posting here are White, which is not a problem for me, but I must admit, I was rather 'stunned' that I saw an overwhelming number of topics here that for the most part, are discussing the negative aspects of other races and posting links that cast people of other races in a negative light. At a glance, there's not much difference so far when comparing this site to others like Stormfront.org, etc... I promise to look past the first 3 pages of topics in this forum after posting this introduction though.

Now, I'm not one to say that there are not problems within my race, or any other races, but it is really productive for the majority of the people to post the things that they post and still call it 'Race Relations'? For someone looking in from the outside, this looks more like a lot of people who are focused on the negative aspects of others, and love to go out of their way to attempt to prove why other ethnic groups should be considered barbarians, degenerates, etc... rather than actually discussing racism.

So I'm here to ask this. I'm here to discuss racism and how we can combat it. Am I in the right place? Or should I just move on?

Race relations is about trying to understand why one ethnic group hates the other. For myself, the history of black and white relations dates back to the civil war, when Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves so that they can legally serve in the military. That was the difference maker in the fate of the Civil War.

History books refuse to acknowledge that fact because it might put BLACK MALE AMERICANS in a possitive light.

Racist White Male Americans have been on a campaign, for many of generations, to suggest that black men are evil. They are aware that the fall of the confederacy, as well as the fall of all other prejudices and oppressions they'd wanted to inflict on all other minorities, came as a resort the participation of black male soldiers during the Civil War.

In short, "they" don't hate you, "they" are afraid of you.

Show peace and you will have peace; show war and they will war with you... Food for thought.

Well, let me introduce myself. I'm a Black man ( I hate the term african-american) from the state of Kansas. Well spoken, intelligent, no criminal record, and a suburbanite. I came here via a google search looking for other sites that are involved in discussions about racism and stumbled across this one. I was hoping to find some interesting topics and perspectives on racism across various sites. I'm very open minded with an overall emphasis on racial harmony.

However, looking at the topics that are created in this forum, it's not hard to ascertain that most of the people posting here are White, which is not a problem for me, but I must admit, I was rather 'stunned' that I saw an overwhelming number of topics here that for the most part, are discussing the negative aspects of other races and posting links that cast people of other races in a negative light. At a glance, there's not much difference so far when comparing this site to others like Stormfront.org, etc... I promise to look past the first 3 pages of topics in this forum after posting this introduction though.

Now, I'm not one to say that there are not problems within my race, or any other races, but it is really productive for the majority of the people to post the things that they post and still call it 'Race Relations'? For someone looking in from the outside, this looks more like a lot of people who are focused on the negative aspects of others, and love to go out of their way to attempt to prove why other ethnic groups should be considered barbarians, degenerates, etc... rather than actually discussing racism.

So I'm here to ask this. I'm here to discuss racism and how we can combat it. Am I in the right place? Or should I just move on?

Welcome to these boards. As others have pointed out-there's been a big influx of racists/bigots who've been coming to these boards lately. A lot of people tend to keep away from the race relation posts that start with obvious titles, stuff that calls other races "animals" and such. The race relations section of these message boards isn't an accurate representation of the boards as whole in my opinion.

Anyways welcome!

storm front bastards ... They were part of the reason I shut down my racism site years ago haha... They are good for bringing the intelligent discussions to a screeching halt.

Intelligent discussion = agreeing with you.

Stormfront is big and it's only getting bigger. As whites slip into the minority in this country, we're going to be less and less mealy-mouthed against blacks like you whose notion of good discussion boils down to how much we can kiss your ass.

From your self-description, it sounds like you've done precisely what a lot of us who came of age back in the sixties hoped the next generation, and those to follow, would be able to do-moved up, moved on and taken your rightful place in the mainstream. That gives you a perspective we don't hear too much from too often, because like all the rest of us, you're busy with all the things we all are, career, raising a family, paying the bills, and saving for the future. So come on in, tell us how things are from your viewpoint, and maybe bust a few stereotypes. Try to ignore our village idiots; every board has some, and you'll find out who they are soon enough. The rest of us look forward to what you have to say.

Why not just perform fellatio on him and be done with it?

This is actually a pretty good place to discuss racism. And, you know, I've never thought about how many white people we have here. I'm colorblind anyway, so I don't usually notice or care. However, I do notice when people are given preferential treatment because of their race. That's obviously wrong.

Don't listen to this guy. xsited1 is actually a frequenter of a lot of white supremacist boards, and is just putting on a "nice" face here. xsited1 is probably one of the worst racists creeping around.:eusa_shhh:

True story

Wow, Storm front is a rough one. It's national to if you can believe it. I don't believe in racism. It is dead, but its legacy is used as a weapon to invoke white guilt by folks like Al Sharpton an d Jesse Jackson. Its not just them either, You have La Raza and others as well. The white racist are relegated to Jerry Springer ware they belong, and in time the others I mentioned will follow. Racism is also a tool used by all sides to manipulate the weak minded to achieve a goal, and is quit effective at that. The best thing to do is be gentle with what you find under rocks when you flip them over, and lead by example. remember that ass holes come in every color. I am new to and Welcome.

Can I just say..... it may be 'dead' for whites. But blacks are entitled to look back and feel pretty damned negative about our history. We need to understand that they have every right to ask hard questions. And we have to find the answers to those questions.

It's true that the vast majority of whites are not racist, but we have benefited from how previous generations treated our fellow Americans because of their skin color. That's why we have Affirmative Action (which I disagree with but I have come to understand why we have it). No matter how hard the life of any white American, it has - until very recently - been significantly harder for blacks. We need to accept that and acknowledge it as a reality instead of dismissing it by saying 'it's not like that any more'.

But.... I totally agree about Sharpton and Jackson. They fan the flames of racism - and they do it for money and power. As long as they keep spreading their hate, we will continue to have issues.

If I were a black American, I sure would look back at our past, but I wouldn't feel negative. I would thank God that It is over and get on with my life. I would not got to websites like stormfront and I would not give a moron the time of day. I would point my kids towards Allen west, Michal Jorden, Magic Johnson and Barak Obama to prove that we can no longer fall back on being oppressed anymore, and that we need to be responsible for our actions and the direction our lives are headed. American society will not tolerate ignorance for long. To those few who refuse to give up there hate, they will be consumed by it and it will kill them or land them in prison.

I suppose it's very easy to say how you would walk in somebody else's shoes when you know full well that you will never have to do such a thing. Preach away!:eusa_liar:

This is actually a pretty good place to discuss racism. And, you know, I've never thought about how many white people we have here. I'm colorblind anyway, so I don't usually notice or care. However, I do notice when people are given preferential treatment because of their race. That's obviously wrong.

Don't listen to this guy. xsited1 is actually a frequenter of a lot of white supremacist boards, and is just putting on a "nice" face here. xsited1 is probably one of the worst racists creeping around.:eusa_shhh:

True story

Care to back that up with a link? Just one will do.

They enough hate in this place to fill three forums but if you can wade through the shit without drowning in it there are some posters both black and white who can discuss it in a civil manner. I'd like it rather well if we were able to discuss everything without race ever being an issue at all but I'm affraid this ol world will be destroyed before that ever happens. DAMN SHAME, ain't it.
And by the way, WELCOME Korrupt.

Can I just say..... it may be 'dead' for whites. But blacks are entitled to look back and feel pretty damned negative about our history. We need to understand that they have every right to ask hard questions. And we have to find the answers to those questions.

It's true that the vast majority of whites are not racist, but we have benefited from how previous generations treated our fellow Americans because of their skin color. That's why we have Affirmative Action (which I disagree with but I have come to understand why we have it). No matter how hard the life of any white American, it has - until very recently - been significantly harder for blacks. We need to accept that and acknowledge it as a reality instead of dismissing it by saying 'it's not like that any more'.

But.... I totally agree about Sharpton and Jackson. They fan the flames of racism - and they do it for money and power. As long as they keep spreading their hate, we will continue to have issues.

Whites have every right to look back into our history and feel however they want to also.

Maybe part of the problem is the fact that many Blacks feel negative about our history and push that fact.

And what 'hard' questions are you referring to?

I understand what Affirmative Action was supposed to do, however, it is not used the way it should have been. This is why it should be stopped. It should be the most qualified person that is the determining factor, NOT their race or gender.

I do agree about Jackson and Sharpton though. ;)

I'm here to discuss racism and how we can combat it.

Well, Marcellus, I'm here to discuss racism and why combatting it is a fool's errand.

Races are different. That's number one.

Not just appearance-wise. All the way to the DNA bone-wise. These differences are inherent. Inborn. Unchangeable.

Races differ in intelligence. Behavior. Values.

One thing they do all have in common is a tendency to cluster. To rally 'round each other. To gang up. To cover each other.

Whites do this. Blacks do this. Jews do this. Everyone. That's number two.

They don't get along. They never will. And living in a society where they're all presumed equal has proven to be a disaster. Three European heads of state have recently declared: "multiculturalism is a failure."

Our own President has stayed curiously silent on the matter.

As a white man, I see that "diversity" is nothing but a screw-job for my race. It means we give up everything, and every other group robs us blind. There is no NAACP for us, my brother.

So is this going to be a part of your "discussion"?

Hopefully, it can be.

I don't wish for evil to befall black people. But I do see major injustices befalling MY OWN PEOPLE, WHITE PEOPLE. Injustice No. 1? Nobody even talks about it. We're set to be minorities in America in a few years, but if we make a peep about that, we get shot down as anything from whiners to neo-Nazi KKK supremacists.

I think our current "debate" on race is a joke. The only "issue" is how much more we're going to turn the screws on whites. I think whites need to start coming together and voicing objections to what's happening to them. Are you willing to listen?

There is a study saying that our 10year old White children are the minority NOW. I don't have the link ATM though. I will try and find it by tomorrow night.

This board is overrepresented with overt NAZIs, and crypto racists of every stripe.

So if your want to engage in debates with racists, this is the place to find them.

This forum is about finding ways to overtly bash one race, and sometimes covertly do it, all under the guise of fair debate, all the while once in a while someone will post a thread totally disproving their bullshit, only to have certain mods themselves side with the racist elements and attack the person who calls them out by claiming that the person who is intolerant of racists is just as bad/ worse than the racists themselves.

Furthermore, if examples are provided from other countries that show that social ills markedly similar occur in homogenous white societies, they are dismissed not only by the close-minded ilk, but by the fucking mods.

How can you have a legitimate debate about racial behaviors if the skin heads can point out the behavior of blacks in Africa to make their case that all blacks are "savages," but if someone points out "savage" tendencies of whites say in Northern Ireland, it's dismissed as irrelevant because it's "not America?"

BTW, the only reason to point out the Northern Ireland situation is to show that behaviors are based on culture and socioeconomic factors, and not to "attack white people."

I understand what Affirmative Action was supposed to do, however, it is not used the way it should have been. This is why it should be stopped. It should be the most qualified person that is the determining factor, NOT their race or gender.

I do agree about Jackson and Sharpton though. ;)
Affirmitive Action = Special Olympics

Forum List

Back