So, is the left denouncing Obama's "unlawful" war in Libya?

No? Well then what is the problem with Iraq again? (Not that I am defending Iraq, I thought it was dumb, I think military action in Libya is dumb too). So...where are the left's cries for peace like in 2003?

Apparently, you failed to note the announcement by the Arab League and the vote in the UN to authorize a no fly zone and the necessary use of force to implement it. Did Bush have either of those kinds of international authorizations prior to invading Iraq?

No? Well then what is the problem with Iraq again? (Not that I am defending Iraq, I thought it was dumb, I think military action in Libya is dumb too). So...where are the left's cries for peace like in 2003?

Apparently, you failed to note the announcement by the Arab League and the vote in the UN to authorize a no fly zone and the necessary use of force to implement it. Did Bush have either of those kinds of international authorizations prior to invading Iraq?

Oh, so what matters is when the international "community" has us on a leash, and that is more lawful than our own sovereign war laws outlined in the Constitution. Got it. It's completely different. :cuckoo:

And, I am not defending Bush or the Iraq invasion. But it is JUST as unlawful as what Obama has set into motion if you look at our own laws.

DENOUNING? are you kidding.
this is them ALREADY.

2irpzr6.gif

Hell they've already BLAMED Republicans and Conservatives. We should hear a few more doozies before long.:lol:

The first Bush developed a very large net of diplomacy. That was quite a bunch of allies he put together back then. Mighty impressive. The second Bush, not so much.

I do. WE need to stay out of it...period. This is a HUGE mistake.

And this is about the third time so far today I've said so.....apparently that is not enough for some.

it is a UN action. that is what the UN is for

Then why is the U.S. involved? The Constitution states that only the U.S. Congress can make a declaration of war. It does not give authority to the U.N. to drag the U.S. into a war, and the President is clearly violating the Constitution in his actions. Anyone who supports Obama's war in Libya, but not Bush's war in Iraq is a hypocrite.

*"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." - Senator Obama

Letting a dictator kill his people at his insane whim is not going to be good for anyone in the world.

If Gadafi is allowed to bomb his own people until only his cronies are left what do you think that says to the rest of the countries on the brink of revolution for democracy?

You people just hate anything this president does no matter what it is.

This is a UN action and not a declared war.

Weren't there cries from the right for Obama to 'lead' on intervention in Libya just 24 hours ago?

Seems that the president is damned if he does, damned if he don't.

Hey righties! This is your kind of president! He's killing brown people to give them freedom!

And this is about the third time so far today I've said so.....apparently that is not enough for some.

Liberty didn't see your post...and if he did, he would ignore it.

Letting a dictator kill his people at his insane whim is not going to be good for anyone in the world.

If Gadafi is allowed to bomb his own people until only his cronies are left what do you think that says to the rest of the countries on the brink of revolution for democracy?

A no fly zone and shooting missiles at a country are acts of war.

so, your argument is that the Iraq war was unlawful because George Bush was the President and bombing Libya is lawful because it is Barack Obama. Superb logic.

Liberty didn't see your post...and if he did, he would ignore it.

huh? I agree with bodecea 100%.

Forum List

Back