So is Sunni Man a Moderate???

I think Sunni Man was a sexist,anti-semite and homophobe before he converted to Islam. He is NOT a moderate.
If saying men and women are biologically/genetically different and have different roles to play in life is sexist.

Then yes, I am guilty as charged.

No, I am NOT anti-semitic and have nothing againt the Jewish people.

I am only opposed to Zionism and the apartheid state of Israel.

And yes, I am against the gay agenda.

I think Sunni Man was a sexist,anti-semite and homophobe before he converted to Islam. He is NOT a moderate.
If saying men and women are biologically/genetically different and have different roles to play in life is sexist.

Then yes, I am guilty as charged.

No, I am NOT anti-semitic and have nothing againt the Jewish people.

I am only opposed to Zionism and the apartheid state of Israel.

And yes, I am against the gay agenda.

I rest my case.

Good question; as I have wondered about it myself.

I think it's because most Christians are assumed to be Republican.

And Republicans are perceived to be the enemy of the left and their liberal agenda.

They see that most Christians/Republicans dislike/hate Islam and muslims.

So they figure Islam/muslims can't be that bad if Christians and Repubs don't like them.

Plus, Liberals like to champion the underdog. And muslims are seen as an oppressed minority much like the gays.

Great answer! I agree with that completely. And I don't think that most Christians dislike or hate muslims. I think a lof of what people know about Islam are what is seen via the media, and I have to admit that most of it isn't good. I understand the concept where a few does not represent all, because I see that in my own religion. I guess I just need convincing that the few do not represent the many, there hasn't been a lot to go by when it comes to that.

You're right. I'm a liberal and I see Muslims in America as an underdog that I need to champion, as opposed to Christians, who are the majority religion.

I think there is plenty of evidence that American Muslims are peaceful. You can count on one hand the number of American Muslim terrorists.

Republicans and conservatives and Christians aren't my enemy. Bigotry is my enemy.

Why would you champion it?

I am in NO way a sexist.

I believe in allowing women certain rights within boundaries.

Just look at nature. It is natural for the male to guide, protect, and be over the female.

If my wife decided to no longer obey me and thus leave the religion.

It would be NO big deal. I could have a NEW wife(s) by next week if I wanted.

As there are many Muslim women looking for a good Muslim man who follows the religion and would provide/protect them. :cool:

You kind of make it sound like women are a dime a dozen and interchangable tho, like they have no value in and of themselves as an individual. Like Adamo said, don't you love your wife, you wouldn't be hurt should something happen to your marriage?

Does your wife work?
Yes, my wife works and is an M.D.

And yes, I love her very much.

But if she decided to leave the religion. Then I would divorce her.

Marriage in Islam isn't the sappy romantic version like in the West.

We marry because the Quran says that marriage is 50% of your religion.

In the West you see a girl and basically marry over your lust for her looks and body. Then later months/years you find that you have zero in common and divorce.

Sure we muslims want a nice looking woman to marry. But we place character over looks.

Islam provides clearly defined roles for the marriage partners. We also sign a marriage contract (pre-nuptual) in which either partner can list ANYTHING they expect out of the marriage. (# of kids, clothing allowance, her to work or not work, new car every other year, etc)

In Islam, since there is NO dating allowed. A young new couple will start out their marriage with no baggage and grow to love and respect each other.

Yes, there are always single women in the Mosque looking for a husband. Just let the Imam or some of the muslim women know that you are looking for a wife. And you will be married in no time. :eusa_angel:

So your religion supercedes your love for your wife, your children, and your marriage?

Why is there no dating allowed? What is the purpose of this? How can you place character over anything if you do not even know eachother when you wed? You don't know her, let alone her 'character'? You don't think it's important to know if there is any attraction, be it physical or mental, before you get married?

I think a lof of what people know about Islam are what is seen via the media, and I have to admit that most of it isn't good.
The American media is mainly owned and operated by one group of people with an anti Islam/muslim agenda.

Just check out the "last names" of the majority of network owners, board of directors, producers, directors, studio owners, reporters, etc.

Then it's easy to figure out why you mostly see Islam/muslims = bad in the media. :doubt:

Last edited:
Some people here think the Sunni Man is a "moderate" muslim

Others say that he is an "extremist"

What say you?

Dear Sunni Man,

I think you are an ass-wipe of the first order for being a Holocaust denier/revisionist, by referring to it as the "Holohoax". This is from a thread about Hitler's paintings, I think... I've seen you use it several times.

Then there's your views on homosexuality. This is from a recent thread about gays being bullied. I wouldn't be surprised if you support Iran's policy on gays.

Word choice can reveal a person's mindset without them being aware of it. Your language when talking about women makes me believe that you have very sexist views about the role of women in society and marriage. This is from the French burqa thread.

But you don't have an abrasive personality, you're not a whiney asshole douche, and you seem fairly patient and civil in debate. Still, you're views make me want to smack the stoopid off your face.

I don't know or care if you're a moderate Muslim, really. Aside from that "Holohoax" bullshit you fart out, I think you've got socially-conservative views that kind of align with conservative Christians, which is ironic since the loudest anti-Muslim voices around here seem to be the Bible-thumpers.

I think Kalam is a way better standard-bearer for Islam on this forum than you. But at least you're better than that islam4ever troll.

Sincerely,
S. EggSalad, PhD

So your religion supercedes your love for your wife, your children, and your marriage?

Doesn't Christianity also say to place God first?

Any Church I ever attended preached. "God first, second family, third church".

Isn't that what the story of Abraham and Isaac teaches??? :cool:

Doesn't Christianity also say to place God first?

Any Church I ever attended preached. "God first, second family, third church".

Isn't that what the story of Abraham and Isaac teaches??? :cool:

Yes, but I can still be a Christian and have the Savior in my life and my heart whether my husband does or not. Christianity is about individual salvation, and while not sharing religious beleifs might make a marriage more difficult, if you love your partner then you can still make it work. Obviously, I think you would have to have the same morals and values for a marriage to be successful, but that doesn't preclude having different religious backgrounds in my opinion.

I think a lof of what people know about Islam are what is seen via the media, and I have to admit that most of it isn't good.
The American media is mainly owned and operated by one group of people with an anti Islam/muslim agenda.

Just check out the "last names" of the majority of network owners, board of directors, producers, directors, studio owners, reporters, etc.

Then it's easy to figure out why you mostly see Islam/muslims = bad in the media. :doubt:

I'm not talking specifically about the media tho, I'm talking about what the media reports. They're not making up the islamic terrorism going on in the world, they're just reporting on it. They're not making up the barbaric treatment of some (women, gays, etc....) in the islamic world, they're just reporting it. I find it very difficult to see Islam in a good light while these things seem apparently predominant in the religion. I haven't seen much evidence that these are not predominant, which is why I withold completely judging it either one way or the other.

Some people here think the Sunni Man is a "moderate" muslim

Others say that he is an "extremist"

What say you?

He hates gays and only some Hispanics. For the Republican Party, that might makes him a "moderate". Of course, if he doesn't hate Muslims, that makes him a "liberal" and the Republican Party wouldn't want him. So I guess he could be called a "radical independent".

Why is there no dating allowed? What is the purpose of this? How can you place character over anything if you do not even know eachother when you wed? You don't know her, let alone her 'character'? You don't think it's important to know if there is any attraction, be it physical or mental, before you get married?
In America we allow our teenagers to date anyone/anytime.

We now have an epidemic of teenage pregnancy's and 1 out of 4 teens have an STD.

Whereas, when a young muslim couple marries they are both virgins and basically have no premarital baggage.

So which relationship do you think is going to stand the test of time and last??

Great answer! I agree with that completely. And I don't think that most Christians dislike or hate muslims. I think a lof of what people know about Islam are what is seen via the media, and I have to admit that most of it isn't good. I understand the concept where a few does not represent all, because I see that in my own religion. I guess I just need convincing that the few do not represent the many, there hasn't been a lot to go by when it comes to that.

You're right. I'm a liberal and I see Muslims in America as an underdog that I need to champion, as opposed to Christians, who are the majority religion.

I think there is plenty of evidence that American Muslims are peaceful. You can count on one hand the number of American Muslim terrorists.

Republicans and conservatives and Christians aren't my enemy. Bigotry is my enemy.

Why would I champion what? Muslims? Underdogs? I think they are being treated unfairly. I champion social justice.

I don't champion bigotry. I oppose it.

Why would I champion what? Muslims? Underdogs? I think they are being treated unfairly. I champion social justice.

I don't champion bigotry. I oppose it.

So, whoever/whatever is in the majority, you're against it?

In America we allow our teenagers to date anyone/anytime.

We now have an epidemic of teenage pregnancy's and 1 out of 4 teens have an STD.

Whereas, when a young muslim couple marries they are both virgins and basically have no premarital baggage.

So which relationship do you think is going to stand the test of time and last??

So, don't let your teenagers date, but once over 18 and considered an adult, dating should be allowed and encouraged. I agree that sexual promiscuity is a big problem in our society, but you're not going to avoid it by ignoring it. If you teach your children right, they will have the character to deal with it appropriately.

What if there isn't any attraction there? That's more than enough 'baggage' to deal with right at the start, don't you think?

Divorce is 100% allowed in Islam.

And either spouse can initiate it.

You mean after they cut off the noes and ears?
Don't know where they do such a thing?

But it would be totally against Islam and Sharia Law. :doubt:

'Shaming' her in-laws costs 19 year old her nose, ears – Afghanistan Crossroads - CNN.com Blogs

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvavRR9UU7U&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54liHE5oFhM&feature=related[/ame]

Forum List

Back