So Iran it is!

smirkinjesus said:
Well, luckily you folks won't get your beloved third war anytime soon. Most rational people believe we should use military power only as a last resort, after every diplomatic effort has been expended. We are nowhere near that point. Pulling another BS War like Iraq is going to be extremely difficult since we have no credibility due to you last mistake.

If you hadnt noticed, we did use invasion as a last resort for IRaq. Your infitiessimal attention span may not have noticed anything past last week, but we had a cease fire with Iraq for 13 years. During that time, then PResident Clinton and the UN had sanctions on IRaq to shape up or get invaded. Bill never pulled the trigger and so Saddam called his bluff by giving a little but never the whole shabang. Fast foward to Bush. He gives an ultimatum based on suspicions that the Whole world has presented before him that Iraq has WMD's and is preparing to attain nukes.

Putting your hatred for Bush aside, If you were president and you were told that Country A who has had a long standing hostility towards you is working on a nuke program and possess large amount sof WMD's what would your actions be? Place sanctions on Country A to stop making them? What happens when the sanctions are ignored? How long do you allow a known hostile country to establish a weapons program to shun your sanctions from you and your allies? 1 month? 1 year? 13 years? Whats the time table to allow them to build nukes that have the capabilty and willingness to destroy your way of life?

Well we did place sanctions. We did with Clinton through the UN. We made more with Bush through the UN. Iraq called the world's bluff based on the fact that no one ever held him accountable before. So we invaded. The world is a safer place now because of it.

Think of it this way. If hornets are building a nest on your porch where your kids play, are you going to allow them to complete it or are you going to destroy it?

smirkinjesus said:
As anxious as some on this board are to send your daughter to Iran, yes I question their willingness to serve. Its easy to root for war when you don't have to feel its consequences. If you are excited to send your daughter into Iran as soon as possible....I don't know what to say to that. You of all people should understand the value of avoiding war unless its absolutely necessary.

Hey Smirk. You really need to read some of the routine posters other posts. Because you are way off base. A large amount of us know exactly why, down to a "T", war should be avoided when possible. If it is still supported in spite of that, then you might wanna check the merits. BTW, you didn't answer my questions. You might wanna do that too, unless you are not interested in polite discourse.

pegwinn said:
Hey Smirk. You really need to read some of the routine posters other posts. Because you are way off base. A large amount of us know exactly why, down to a "T", war should be avoided when possible. If it is still supported in spite of that, then you might wanna check the merits. BTW, you didn't answer my questions. You might wanna do that too, unless you are not interested in polite discourse.

Your questions are irrelevent, as I am not craving a war with Iran like many posters here. I have no doubt that a few of you on this board understand why war should be avoided unless totally necessary. I certainly didn't see that sentiment in the Iran threads, however.

smirkinjesus said:
Your questions are irrelevent, as I am not craving a war with Iran like many posters here. I have no doubt that a few of you on this board understand why war should be avoided unless totally necessary. I certainly didn't see that sentiment in the Iran threads, however.

At what point do you believe it becomes "totally necessary"? Would that be before or after the nuclear fallout....

lilcountriegal said:
At what point do you believe it becomes "totally necessary"? Would that be before or after the nuclear fallout....
Of course, that's the question. I think we are no where near that point, however. As of today, Iran cannot bomb anyone with a nuke. When they get close to that point, then a military strike is obviously a good idea. Even at that point, all out war may be unecessary. Destroying their capability to build nukes doesn't necessarily mean we need to invade.

smirkinjesus said:
Of course, that's the question. I think we are no where near that point, however. As of today, Iran cannot bomb anyone with a nuke. When they get close to that point, then a military strike is obviously a good idea. Even at that point, all out war may be unecessary. Destroying their capability to build nukes doesn't necessarily mean we need to invade.

You are talking semantics now.

First off, you are right. Bombing them will at least, put them underground FOR A WHILE but it won't solve their thirst for WMD's. Troops on the ground can help root out the "terrorist" element of those nations and hopefully help build stable, more tolerant governments.

It is one hell of a gamble, but really the only chance we have.

smirkinjesus said:
...As of today, Iran cannot bomb anyone with a nuke.
You are wrong, just two days ago, there was a sucessful launch of a missle capable of hitting Israel or our troops in the ME. You do :read: the other threads on this board don't you?

pegwinn said:
smirkinjesus said:

Allright asshole. Since my questions are fucking irrelevent, then I feel no fucking obligation to entertain your shit. Picture this. You live in a place where your anti-government views may get you killed. We call it Iran, Iraq, or any of the misbegotten stan countries. Since we are fixing that problem, you can thank the ones with the courage to do it -- Or you can continue your crap in Texas where instead of dying, we will simply kick your weak ass about the parking lot. People like you make we sick. Weak disgusting filth. If you cannot back up your assertations, then you better get some body armor asshole.

pegwinn said:
Allright asshole. Since my questions are fucking irrelevent, then I feel no fucking obligation to entertain your shit. Picture this. You live in a place where your anti-government views may get you killed. We call it Iran, Iraq, or any of the misbegotten stan countries. Since we are fixing that problem, you can thank the ones with the courage to do it -- Or you can continue your crap in Texas where instead of dying, we will simply kick your weak ass about the parking lot. People like you make we sick. Weak disgusting filth. If you cannot back up your assertations, then you better get some body armor asshole.

There are many places in the world where your anti-government views can get you killed. That doesn't mean we should invade and occupy them all. And I have no desire to go to Texas anytime soon, you can keep your polluted wasteland, thanks.

smirkinjesus said:
You folks amaze me. We haven't even cleaned up the last two wars and you can't wait for the next one. I would like to pose a hypothetical situation. Suppose you're in Iraq with some troops that have been there for a year. I know its unlikely, but suppose you are. How would you explain to these men that you want them to turn right, and head towards Tehran? You're all so quick to throw around the War option at the drop of a hat. It's easy to want War so you have somthing entertaining to watch on Foxnews, but would you go personally? If you get your big fight with Iran, are you still going to be sitting here posting messages? If your kid is at the head of the line to step into Iran, would you still be so excited to go to war? I think not.

Bin laden supporters like yourself amaze me smirkinshit. We havn't fought two wars, we have dealt with two fronts in the overall war. The next front should be iran. Before you remodel a nation you have to clean out the garbage.

AS for your hypothetical situation. There is no explaining to the men we are turning right and heading to terhan, its just done. Besides the guys there, being all volunteers would be saying what took you so long? see ya there.

I watch fox news cause they do give the best and most accurate war coverage of all the stations. I watched it constantly during the invasion because my nephew was in the head of the line going into iraq.

Being a combat veteran myself I know what those guys are doing and feeling there. Would I go myself, in a heartbeat if I wasn't too old. We are taking the war to the heart of the terrorist supporters, iran is the head of the snake.

I've been in combat many times, how much have you seen? What makes you think you know what the soldiers over there are thinking and feeling? You watch too much of the liberal media and micheal moorebutt fiction. You need to join the military and go take part in the action, then if you want to badmouth people you will have earned the right. Otherwise you are irrelavant.

smirkinjesus said:
There are many places in the world where your anti-government views can get you killed. That doesn't mean we should invade and occupy them all. And I have no desire to go to Texas anytime soon, you can keep your polluted wasteland, thanks.

You sir, are a pussie of the greatest magnitude. I have more thoughts, but they would get this thread closed and that would disappoint me as I am looking forward to Peg's response.

However, what gets me is how the hell are you still alive? Surely you must get your ass whipped on a fairly regular basis - unless you only talk your shit in cyberspace.

HGROKIT said:
You are wrong, just two days ago, there was a sucessful launch of a missle capable of hitting Israel or our troops in the ME. You do :read: the other threads on this board don't you?
not with nuke, now they delivery system, but no nuke yet.

smirkinjesus said:
You folks amaze me. We haven't even cleaned up the last two wars and you can't wait for the next one. I would like to pose a hypothetical situation. Suppose you're in Iraq with some troops that have been there for a year. I know its unlikely, but suppose you are. How would you explain to these men that you want them to turn right, and head towards Tehran? You're all so quick to throw around the War option at the drop of a hat. It's easy to want War so you have somthing entertaining to watch on Foxnews, but would you go personally? If you get your big fight with Iran, are you still going to be sitting here posting messages? If your kid is at the head of the line to step into Iran, would you still be so excited to go to war? I think not.
Quick question. How did you concluded that most folks here want to start a war with iran right now?

pegwinn said:

smirkinjesus said:

You know, I was simply going to offer you an opportunity for a face to face debate. But after your anti-texas comment, I see that you are merely stupid to the degree that your offensiveness cannot be contrived. In other words kicking your ass in the real world would be construed as child abuse. Free advice Dickhead, Go actually out into the world and look it in the eye. Then come back and look me in the eye without flinching. When you can do that, maybe you can come back to the grownups table. If you ever do get your ass stomped in the real world for insulting someone who was looking for a debate, just think of it as evolution in action.

pegwinn said:
Apparently the Smirkster has moved on.

I wouldn't count on it, though Jimnyc and SE were discussing things with him last night on a different thread. ;)

Forum List

Back