So Iran it is!

smirkinjesus said:
No I can't stop you from being ignorant, sorry. But I can suggest that rather then start another war, if all diplomacy has failed (for real this time, not like Iraq) and Iran is on the verge of building a nuke. We should give the world proof (real proof this time) and we should take out the installations, factories, research centers releated to nuke development. But sorry, I don't share your excitment over sending your beloved troops to fight before we've tried every other means. I know I know! Call me crazy for thinking rationally, but hey, that's what civilized, morally intact people do. I just can't help it.

"No I can't stop you from being ignorant, sorry." Don't think so-prove it!

"..if all diplomacy has failed (for real this time, not like Iraq).." How long, oh ignorant one, should this have gone on with Iraq? 12 years, 17 resolutions, didn't cut it for you? Hmmmm :tinfoil:

"...We should give the world proof ..." Iran already has with their announcement. :tinfoil:

"Call me crazy for thinking rationally, but hey, that's what civilized, morally intact people do. I just can't help it..." This is most seriously open to discussion. :tinfoil:

smirkinjesus said:
No I can't stop you from being ignorant, sorry. But I can suggest that rather then start another war, if all diplomacy has failed (for real this time, not like Iraq) and Iran is on the verge of building a nuke. We should give the world proof (real proof this time) and we should take out the installations, factories, research centers releated to nuke development. But sorry, I don't share your excitment over sending your beloved troops to fight before we've tried every other means. I know I know! Call me crazy for thinking rationally, but hey, that's what civilized, morally intact people do. I just can't help it.

How do you know when diplomacy has failed? (FOR REAL)

dilloduck said:
How do you know when diplomacy has failed? (FOR REAL)

Sit around in a circle, passing a bong around, singing "Kumbaya" while you wait for the nukes to rain upon your ass!
bong.gif
rastaopt.gif

freeandfun1 said:
Sit around in a circle, passing a bong around, singing "Kumbaya" while you wait for the nukes to rain upon your ass!
bong.gif
rastaopt.gif

I was thinking more when Iran lets go of a nuke missile in Jerusalem, then we have to level their country? Seems so much more humane than telling them what will happen if X doesn't stop. :smoke:

Hey Smirk,

Questions for you. Note that I am still in the polite mode.

Uno: You questioned my, and other board members, willingness to serve. Lucky for you, Evil called you on it; so I won't hammer you. My question to you is: What have you done? I'm trying to understand whether you are a traumatized vet, an ignorant protester, or just an idealistic college twerp being manipulated by professors who snuck back in from Canada.

Dos: You asked about my, and other board members, kids. She's (my kid) a Marine. So she may be going in that direction herself. Now let me ask about yours, that is if you are old enough to've made babies. Have they yet stood up for anything? Are you willing to send em to Iran without weapons? Maybe they can be the diplomats you think so highly of?

Finally: In order to avoid becoming a target, you need to lighten up on the insults. There are some who are better at it than you. Have a nice day.

Kathianne said:
I was thinking more when Iran lets go of a nuke missile in Jerusalem, then we have to level their country? Seems so much more humane than telling them what will happen if X doesn't stop. :smoke:

Iran already has said they want to wipe Israel off the earth and the libs love to say (and rightly so, but still, you'll get my point) that EVERY LIFE is important and NOBODY should die. Well, I agree, but since sometimes SOMEBODY is going to die, let me suggest this compromise.

Instead of waiting for Iran to nuke Israel (therefore requiring a comprehensive response from Israel) causing the deaths of MILLIONS and MILLIONS throughout the ME and possibly the WORLD. Why don't we go ahead and NUKE IRAN's nuke productions facilities, thereby killing, possibly, hundreds of thousands, maybe a few million.

Isn't it better that fewer people die?

I know that sounds radical, but if rationality prevails......

freeandfun1 said:
Iran already has said they want to wipe Israel off the earth and the libs love to say (and rightly so, but still, you'll get my point) that EVERY LIFE is important and NOBODY should die. Well, I agree, but since sometimes SOMEBODY is going to die, let me suggest this compromise.

Instead of waiting for Iran to nuke Israel (therefore requiring a comprehensive response from Israel) causing the deaths of MILLIONS and MILLIONS throughout the ME and possibly the WORLD. Why don't we go ahead and NUKE IRAN's nuke productions facilities, thereby killing, possibly, hundreds of thousands, maybe a few million.

Isn't it better that fewer people die?

I know that sounds radical, but if rationality prevails......

Free, I hear ya. That was my point in saying humane is, "stop what you say you're doing or else." Was going to add an expletive, but I figure you'all can use your imaginations!

Kathianne said:
Free, I hear ya. That was my point in saying humane is, "stop what you say you're doing or else." Was going to add an expletive, but I figure you'all can use your imaginations!

Some people like to believe there are an infinate amount of options. Those are the ones who wait for something to happen before doing anything.

dilloduck said:
Some people like to believe there are an infinate amount of options. Those are the ones who wait for something to happen before doing anything.

I used to think so too. Have changed my mind. Hitler was not a one time deal, sad to say.

Kathianne said:
I used to think so too. Have changed my mind. Hitler was not a one time deal, sad to say.

So true. Appeasement NEVER works. When will the libs be intellectually honest with themselves and admit that? I am afraid it will be after the nukes fall and then, they will just say it was all OUR fault.

freeandfun1 said:
So true. Appeasement NEVER works. When will the libs be intellectually honest with themselves and admit that? I am afraid it will be after the nukes fall and then, they will just say it was all OUR fault.

Maybe libs ARE dead people trying to lure us into hell by telling us that-----never mind---got carried away. :wine:

Kathianne said:

Well, I hope they don't nuke Jerusalem before November, I'm going there for a few days.

HGROKIT said:
Wow, there may be a God after all

:blowup:

Thank you. I never thought of myself in that way, divine, that is. But now that you mention it.....

pegwinn said:
Hey Smirk,

Questions for you. Note that I am still in the polite mode.

Uno: You questioned my, and other board members, willingness to serve. Lucky for you, Evil called you on it; so I won't hammer you. My question to you is: What have you done? I'm trying to understand whether you are a traumatized vet, an ignorant protester, or just an idealistic college twerp being manipulated by professors who snuck back in from Canada.

Dos: You asked about my, and other board members, kids. She's (my kid) a Marine. So she may be going in that direction herself. Now let me ask about yours, that is if you are old enough to've made babies. Have they yet stood up for anything? Are you willing to send em to Iran without weapons? Maybe they can be the diplomats you think so highly of?

Finally: In order to avoid becoming a target, you need to lighten up on the insults. There are some who are better at it than you. Have a nice day.

As anxious as some on this board are to send your daughter to Iran, yes I question their willingness to serve. Its easy to root for war when you don't have to feel its consequences. If you are excited to send your daughter into Iran as soon as possible....I don't know what to say to that. You of all people should understand the value of avoiding war unless its absolutely necessary.

smirkinjesus said:
As anxious as some on this board are to send your daughter to Iran, yes I question their willingness to serve. Its easy to root for war when you don't have to feel its consequences. If you are excited to send your daughter into Iran as soon as possible....I don't know what to say to that. You of all people should understand the value of avoiding war unless its absolutely necessary.
You are such and idiot. I cannot believe people (including myself) are still responding to your posts.

HGROKIT said:
You are such and idiot. I cannot believe people (including myself) are still responding to your posts.
Sometimes, I feel like you do. War sounds exciting and would be cool to watch on Foxnews. But you have to stop yourself and realize that the decision to destroy people should not be taken lightly. Every problem is not a nail and us the hammer.

smirkinjesus said:
You folks amaze me. We haven't even cleaned up the last two wars and you can't wait for the next one. I would like to pose a hypothetical situation. Suppose you're in Iraq with some troops that have been there for a year. I know its unlikely, but suppose you are. How would you explain to these men that you want them to turn right, and head towards Tehran? You're all so quick to throw around the War option at the drop of a hat. It's easy to want War so you have somthing entertaining to watch on Foxnews, but would you go personally? If you get your big fight with Iran, are you still going to be sitting here posting messages? If your kid is at the head of the line to step into Iran, would you still be so excited to go to war? I think not.

Well its about time we took care of Iran isnt it? I mean thats atleast one mess of Carters we still have to clean up. but did you really think we wouldnt? They are part of the axis of evil. We now have them surrounded between Aghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait etc. The people there are ripe and ready for freedom.

We spent 12 years in diplomacy with Iraq, nearly 25 with Iran. They have done nothing more than try to undermine Freedom in the world, why shouldnt we stop them?

And yes if my kid was at the head of the line i would still be excited to go to war. I would be proud of him for doing his duty. Besides he isnt going there to die for his country, he is going there to make the enemy die for his. All of this theory rhetoric is pointless though because by the time my kid is old enough to carry a gun Iran will be taken care of one way or another.

smirkinjesus said:
Sometimes, I feel like you do. War sounds exciting and would be cool to watch on Foxnews. But you have to stop yourself and realize that the decision to destroy people should not be taken lightly. Every problem is not a nail and us the hammer.

No it shouldnt be taken lightly. But when faced with a threat of annialation by evil islamic extremists or faced with an opportunity to stop them, protect ourselves and liberate those who are being oppressed by the fundamentalist regimes, i to go liberate people. Because we will never have peace in the world as long there are dictators in the world. Peace comes through decisive victory. as long as the enemy can wage war, there will never be peace.

We would not fight them if they left us alone. But they didnt. these terrorists attacked us on 911. So we are going to weaken them by killing as many of the extremists are possible and by liberating those who are oppressed by the tyrants that support them. We are attacked by these extremists and we are going to use this opporunity to free our brothers who are oppressed by them. No greater love hath a man than being willing to lay down your life for your brethren. What is it you have against freeing oppressed people while protecting ourselves anyway?

Forum List

Back